Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

https://world.rfactor.net/server-list

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Not saying that could the same problem I had: when installing B700 I had a drop in FPS (around 15fps) and a drop in picture quality with exact same settings. And then, I remembered this line in the player.JSON I changed some build ago in the player.plr:
    "Texture Sharpening":5,
    "Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

Setting Texture Sharpening to 0 and I retrieved my picture quality and my fps.

4. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

The stuttering I had with some cars (especially FVR V8's) in Build 660 is gone with this 770 build! Just tried with 64bit exe and am loving it! Run with HDR off and 22 cars Thruxton. thanks ISI! :D AMD Quad core 9750, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT640

5. karkai6

karkai6 Registered

Thanks for the tip.. I tried the solution you mentioned, there is not much gain (say 5-10 fps) and a substantial loss in texture quality. Not worth the extra 5 fps IMO.. Lets see. I ll try a fresh install again, deleting all my settings, maybe i ll stumble upon something..

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ok, so that's mean you didn't used this setting previously and it wasn't the cause of your current problem: this setting work fine with value zero if you have also 16x for An isotropic filtering as it blur texture. It's pretty good to eliminate the "stair" effect on white lines on the ground, and with it you can remove the use of sparse grid x 2 or 4 or lower your AA setting, and that's why it can saved lot of FPS (at least in several configuration including me). You have a thread explaining this : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Is-It-Just-Me?p=254667&viewfull=1#post254667

So sorry, that wasn't your problem/solution. I still think this is something like this, I mean some settings as I didn't had this lost of FPS (and didn't read other posts saying that)... Yep, fresh install, perhaps something weird in your previous config file like player.plr.JSON or controller.x...

7. coops

coops Banned

having problem when using match maker all i get is mod cannot be installed any fixes for this or ideas... cheers coops

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Our members reporting the same thing, some cannot connect to the server. fresh builds, latest ui's, no 3rd party stuff.

Gutted with 770 tbh.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Problem is that if you have contents like sound, talent etc. witch is not installed and belongs to vmod and you are trying to install get missing component don`t work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  10. coops

coops Banned

all i get is mod cannot be installed on every server i go to including ISI servers. this is all so the 1st time i have not been able to fix or find answer well had to happen to me 1 day like it has others. hope for answer or fix ASAP.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When build 770 was released I got feedback from our members that get missing component don`t work.

What we found out is:

1. When edit vmod get missing component don`t always work. Solution, uninstall and delete all -F2R- vmods, some deleted all vmods.
    2. Uninstalled components (track, car, sound, talent etc.) witch is not installed and belongs to to vmod, get missing component don`t work. Solution, install all uninstalled componets or uninstall and delete all uninstalled componets.
    3. Four of our members can not download missing components from our web server and one of them can not download from any web server. This is a user issue witch is not related to build 770 or rFactor2.

You can try this link: http://109.189.111.181/website/Skippy/LL_Sebring_Virtua_LM_v1.90.rfcmp and check if our web server works to you and if it does go to MP and try to join one of -Fun2Race.net- dedicated servers.
    If you have gone through 1 and 2 and still can not join our dedicated servers there is something wrong with our PC witch is not related to build 770 or rFactor2.

I think Noel Hibbart has idea what is wrong with get missing component and I hope ISI fixes get missing component when new build...........................................

Non working get missing component can also bee one of the reasons why there has been so few players online last weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I had the same drop after the the build 770 install. Another strange thing was that devmode build 770 performed much better (for the first time) than gamemode. I tried all kinds of things to figure out what's going on, but it's fixed now and I can't even say what the solution was. Maybe it has something to do with the new gfx driver I installed (337.88, updated from 337.40), but I'm not sure.

13. coops

coops Banned

fresh install can now access all servers but going to black screen now did another fresh install and it wont launch at all have done about 5 fresh installs same problem. need help

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  14. coops

coops Banned

^^ bump