Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Ok, cheers

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What UI are you using?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

^
    I also had this using the stock ISI UI. Also in the multiplayer lobby I experienced twice the scrollbar disappearing and I needed to refresh the list in order to fully view available servers. This and the weather+RR combo so far are the only things I have noticed.

4. hmaia

hmaia Registered

I downloaded and installed Build 770 today. Windows 7 HE 32 bit. To the last build Rfactor2 was working normally. Now start time takes forever, and the pit spotter and car react in a jerking way. Tried Honda Civic, Mazda 787, Megane trophy. Installed twice, turned off computer, restarted and still the same result. Any way to revert to the previous build? This one made the sim impossible to run.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I'm back on standard ui.
    I was previously using the carbon ui but that had issues connecting to passworded servers with b770 so I've switched back.

Problem happens with both uis.

7. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I don't understand what online subscription has to do with online update. it's just one more reason to leave rfactor 2 outdated without know it.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Reading educates....:rolleyes:

9. joker68

joker68 Registered

Anyone else seeing the F3 suspension disconnected from wheels? (build 770, Eve F3, Spa 1966, 64bit executables).

10. MaxRotax25.2

MaxRotax25.2 Registered

I have 770 64bit, tried the F3 ( Eve Sport F3 ) at Spa 1.43 and I didn't notice the suspension being disconnected from the wheels, they seemed perfectly attached from where I was. ._.

Edit;

I only checked / looked around on my car, I.e the car I was driving / looking at, not me looking at the AI while I was in my car. Yes, it's disconnected slightly at the back on AI cars. Everything Maxed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Confirmed, I saw that with B770 , at least its all rear suspension of AI F3 Eve. Saying that, my AI graphics settings are not at "max" but at "high" AFAIK, need to test at max

Tested with max setting for AI, same problem. In fact, the car you focused on (your or by using + and -) work fine, other ones have suspensions disconnected. Could be expected, combination of distance and AI details settings, but I didn't see any differences at "high" and at "max". B770 64bit.

12. Tirex

Tirex Registered

i think the 770/64 issues should be posted in an extra thread, it's a test-version
    770/32 is working fine for me

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In any build you could have disconnect suspension I thought it had to do with online not builds ?

I see it very rarely ( maybe a dozen times in 2.5 years ) and it is usually one joiners car only.

Anyway I don't have it I can see.

Try a "full fresh lite install no old files ...................( then you will go stick old files back in anyways and tell me it still does it. ) :rolleyes: <<<< :D

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

With old rubber ( not tried remaking ........ no reason to )

When I enter Spa I get Pic 1

After 20 seconds click on menu it disappears before your eyes. Pic 2 ( you can see the heavy spots with oil stains still dissolving )

lol yeah yeah I know make some fresh rubber p

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Both my build 770 and 772 are in separate directories and made clean and fresh (not on top of other ones; no old files, default settings), with very few mod installed. Reproducible 100% with both builds 770 & 772 and 32 and 64bit. Try launching an offline race, set the AI drive your car through key "I", select chase view: your rear suspension is OK. Unzoom you chase view camera to see the rear suspension of the AI following you => it's disconnected. At least, that happen 100% each time for me...

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I leave old folder like this for a few days.

;)

Does not bother me the extra time totally redoing player, controller or JSON is so easy ......like fair dinkum it takes no time. ! ?

People use a old folder with a update or any other method to save time are the first to complain about errors.

No of course you should be able to update rF2 everytime as well as say pCARS with no issue, I agree. but for me it is most minor thing.

Once it is finished you wont be updating it anyways so why stress it now. p

Reason I do not use update is I can't validate files ( I remove controllers and other files I do not need )

Mostly though I like to do everything on my PC fresh anyways.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes but even an update isn't really an issue. I tryed with the lite installer, without to replace the user documents.

Even the controller files don't need to be redone, because the sim is still able to load the ini's, and after loading it for the first time in the controller menue, a JSON is created by the software. It even uses similar name for, while it creates a .bak file of the original ini after doing so.

No need to remapping or adjusting anything again.

Very easy to handle so far. ;)

I rather think there is something messed up with the user pc's, and apart from that I would have make a fresh installation for safety reasons because the data format has been changed and it was previously announced.

I dont know if it is convenience or not to be informed. However, it seems to me, the pc user nowedays is not equal to the old irons.

It seems without steam and auto update features it's all over. :rolleyes:

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Another tip....

Delete that uninstall application.

1. Delete the uninstall app in rfactor2 folder

2. Go to Control Panel /Program features and click rF2 to uninstall.

It will say it does not exist and ask you if you want to delete the entry.

Say YES

Now when you install new build rename the old folder first ( it is very handy to keep for a whiles.....)

Install a fresh Lite build and repeat 1. and 2.

Too easy

19. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

No probs with update here. Not driven yet.

20. RustyM

RustyM Registered

I have to say my experience with B770 is truly great! I am one of the 32bit ppl, and have wondered all along if one day rF2 will ever run like rF1, or should I just get a new pc.

I used the uninstall exe and ran the 770 and it is as if I DID buy a new PC, I can now run on max graphics. 10 AI in the FR 3.5 at IndyGP2014 runs incredibly well, I chopped a whole second off my lap time, the first lap out! (down to 1:13.5 no aids)

this PC is dated for sure, and I could always tell it was fighting itself in there, or some such bottle-neck was occurring, now it flows fluidly, THX ISI!
    btw that 2014 FR 3.5 is one seriously well rounded race sim, probably the best I've tried in my 14 years simracing. It's like my all time fave in rF1: the mighty GP 1979, I learn new things every time I click race, I still do after nearly 10 years of 79'ing. FR 3.5 easily takes the place of 79 now :)
    Rusty