Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So is this the official 770 thread or a general bash at chrome thread? Kinda surprised there's not the usual official thread....Tim pull yer socks up!

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can't click to auto update, as asked. Feel free to download the new version and install it though yourself.

4. 88mphTim

Are you renaming them, as advised?

5. 88mphTim

I will have some more mirrors up today.

6. 88mphTim

After you've pulled yours up. The official forum thread is in the news section, it's linked from the dev corner release list, it's linked from the news feature at the top right of the forum header, feel free to click either of those links, or to just... look. The same information is also posted as a news item.

7. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

no problems on auto update except that Bld 770 . . . SUX OUT LOUD . . . only ISI vehicles show up, I gots whited out mirrors & no freakin' trees & I apparently lost all my plr file changes but my G25 contoller.ini shows up. downloaded a new bld 770 rF2 lite (I use Mozilla, no probs) & installed with same results. no trees on the Ring Tourist is a horrendous experience, since I didn't finish a lap, maybe I won't too be scarred.

8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Why on earth are there so many issues with this build, not enough unstable testing time or lack of testers!? :confused:

Anyways... let me know when its fixed and I reactivate and update, not in the mood for this piddly crap.

9. 88mphTim

I'm assuming you've bothered to note the information given to you and aren't actually making this post.

10. 88mphTim

Well, the "problems" that most people have are not reading the news item or the news thread about old GMTs and incompatibility with those going forward. What else are you referring to? Chrome 'protecting' people?

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Me too... I can run 32bit no problem but as soon as I rename the exe`s and try to start a session rf2 crashes...

Well actually it doesn`t even get started really.

I know how to rename etc as I had it working before in previous builds...

12. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Are you saying that parts not loading is an old GMT issue? If so, how would a GMT format change create a vehicle instance loading issue when one can load cars individually?

13. 88mphTim

The majority of people complaining about trees or missing parts, yes. How? No idea, just giving the information again that was already given. :) For compatibility with 64bit, old GMTs (and for us, we were talking EIGHT YEARS OLD) need to be updated.

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

wow, so a GMT format change breaks a multi-car loading routine - that's really bizarre. I wouldn't think that 3DSimEds latest version is using an 8 year old GMT format

It would be really nice to have some form of communication from the Devs to confirm this.

15. 88mphTim

Your loading routine is a different issue to one I am able to confirm, which is why I haven't, I can't respond on that. I'm talking about those complaining mostly of trees at Nords.

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

The loading routine issue was reported in unstable 767. If it's a known bug, can we at least have confirmation that it is and that it will be fixed?

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Sowwy! My Bad!

Since having spend the last 2 days at the hospital with my wife being tested for excruciating pain (she's ok, thank "insert prefered diety/frase here"), I took only a quick glance at the forums about the build, and uncharacteristically made a rash judgement, hence forgot to add the most obvious option to the list of "many issues" which would read; Invalid User! :rolleyes:

So... Reactivation isn't happening till my next credit card payment goes through, but till then... I just DL the Lite and over install for good measure?
    WOOT !!!!

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have updated my game PC with auto update with no problems at all and I have also updated two server PC (14 dedicated servers) with no problems, my game PC and servers are running rFactor2 64 bit and everything is working as I have expected.

What I don`t like is that build 770 don`t have updates or improvements to triple screen, multiview etc.Triple screen,780 SLI, Multiview, HDR gives 70 FPS, no HDR it is locked 120 FPS.
    There is so many simracers who has triple screen and ISI don`t se this as important at all. I am disappointed :mad:

About missing parts, if you read the "known issues" file, there are some issues with non-standard GMT files being written which are no convertible to 64 bits and I think that is a problem author will have to solve not ISI, world must go forward :)

In my scale 1-10 I give new build 770 8.

Job well done ISI :)

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This is isn't update problem but problem nevertheless: I downloaded new minimalist UI version 1.62. Then I uninstalled and deleted my current UI version and installed new version before I launched the game. I know I made a mistake but how to correct it? Now my rfactor won't start anymore :( Does it help to install lite over current one?

20. 88mphTim

Hm, the update probably copied over your old settings, so you'd need to point the game at the UI you have in the files? Lite would probably do it, too.