rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Still getting same eroor message, I have done everything I been told and still no luck. I did have build 660 still in an old folder so I'm able run rfactor2 but unwilling to download build 770 till I can find out how to get it done right

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

This maybe a silly question but how do you know when your running 64 bit or 32 bit? Sorry if its been asked but I don't feel like reading everybodies issues.

3. hangon

hangon Registered

I would love to know the same thing....i have not been able to get it working in 64bit...

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Grr....edited

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Not sure if noted but MM doesn't save servers that can be used ie: the ticked box doesn't save . color does work but not tick box.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tim or other ISI staff, please confirm that you have seen this message. Also can you confirm that this is genuine problem with rf2 (WIN 8 64bit users)? Last time this happened I wasn't alone and you came up with a fix. You are saying that 64bit.exe is just a test version but atm I can't use anything else with my hardware because the wheel disconnects (turns heavy and doesn't react to inputs) every time I hit "race" in 32bit.exe.

I noticed that you stated that some fixes have already been made to 770... fix to this problem should definitely be included in next hotfix build.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  7. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

My custom URD skins show up in the showroom and even in the garage and while on track but....They will not show up in replays. The replay always shows me in the default. Are you having same issue?

8. bwana

bwana Registered

I wasnt sure myself , but buy adding a heap of AI and increasing settings in game I was getting really good fps , this told me my machine either was working in 64bit or optimization of build 770 is amazing? did you edit the rFactor files as described above?

9. susov8

susov8 Registered

Sorry if I did not explain well Tim, I can not start the launcher, always rFactor2 stopped working in my Win8 no way to make it work.
    Reinstalling the launcher Build 660 starts without problems.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

I am having the same issue. The URD skins that load in ok show in the spinner and on track but the default skin is showed in replay.

11. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hello, automatic update works fine, some files verification as failed (this happens to me all updates). Released the game in 32bit smoothly everything seems to work fine. Renamed in core rFactor2 rFactor2.exe and deleted 64bits.exe to termination. 32bits exe, launched the game, the loading time of the game has been greatly reduced, so no charging circuitry that stays the same, I have been able to increase quality graphics with this 64bit version with a better (though not significant) performance and even slight improvement in FPS.
    An hour in singel player without any problem and time in multiplayer without any problems.
    After the upgrade the tube only problem was that by me the first time you launch the carbon black interface (not used since to much), was solved by restarting the PC.
    I miss some plugin that will not work in 64bit and I'm clueless with JSON files.
    In general it works fine.

12. MadInt

MadInt Registered

My rf2 refuses to see userdata folder different to "player" after an update. All json files are in place. Is there anyone who have this problem too?

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Auto update worked perfectly for me, all my settings stayed the same too.

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Nice improvements in the build.
    I've noticed now that if you get off track onto the grass, the car doesn't have that tendency to just slip/slide everywhere.
    That was one of the really bad traits. You could sometimes lose significant amounts of time just trying to get the car back on circuit.
    It didn't matter how gradual you were with the throttle, the car would just rotate like it was on a frozen lake.
    It's nice to see that fixed.
    It's running quite a bit smoother from the exterior views as well. I really like where this is going.
    I'm at a constant 60 fps everywhere with a GTX670 so I can certainly see the optimization taking shape.

15. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

The load and save controllers selection doesn't work in mod mode anymore. Loading, you can scroll through ini's but then what? Saving, you can type various filenames but then what? There is also a little black square appears in the top left corner but clicking inside it does not help.
    Only option once load or save is clicked is to ctrl-alt-del and end the modmode process

16. Alfred

Alfred Registered

Hallo Ihave rename the rfactor.exe but the launcher not startet on 64 bit mode ....

Ensure that rfactor2.exe is located in Core and this application is in the root of the install directory??

17. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I asked the same question last night and got this reply

http://goo.gl/5kmzq3

18. Emery

Emery Registered

From the update list:
    "Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without."

Can we have an explanation of how to use this feature?

19. Weasle

Weasle Registered

Hi!
    I got this message at the end of auto update (sync manager):
    Installing C++ runtimes
    Installing DirectX runtimes
    C++ and DirectX runtimes successfully installed
    Removing directory: C:\Users\Erik\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI was NOT successful
    Update procedure has detected and error and stopped

I have no idea what to do.

//Erik

20. MJP

MJP Registered

You have to manually delete that rFactor2 UI folder then run update again.