rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

2. susov8

susov8 Registered

Hello friends, I have done a clean install with build 770, I Windows8 and tells me to start rFactor2 stopped working, I do not understand how I have to rename the exe from 32 to 64 bits, thanks in advance.

3. 88mphTim

The default way to fix it not working should not be to switch build. Which version are you trying to run?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sorry but more bad news:

- My wheel stops working when hitting "race" in garage (game doesn't recognize wheel anymore) in 32bit version. Doesn't happen in 64bit. So atm 32bit is unpalyable for me (which is shame becuase track map plugin won't work in 64bit). I had these wheel problems several builds ago but then it was fixed with some build but now again :(

- I've had this problem for some time: rf2 CTD 99% of the time after I have left race weekend and go to vechicle selection and click some car there. Granted that I have track map plugin and minimal UI but not sure what is the cause. Haven't read that others would have this same problem.

- Also CTD usually after when I try to return to rf2 after my second alt+tab in online. Doesn't happen in offline.

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

If it's a string like your "name" then yes you use quote marks, but this is a number.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

so quotes or no quotes with steering torque minimum value? c'mon guys!

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Confirmed: no quotes when it's a number. Extract from default values:

"AI Brake_Grip Usage":0.9725,
    "AI Brake_Grip Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
    "AI Brake_Power Usage":0.98,
    "AI Brake_Power Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size":5,
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size#":"When AI calibration is set to 2, this is the number of trials the AI should run while testing each parameter. bigger # == larger file size of saved data",
    "AI Corner_Grip Usage":0.97,

Etc.

8. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I first backed up my Userdata folder, then used the update process in the launcher. Everything worked fine and was reported as such. I went immediately to an offline race exactly as I had just completed before the update, and everything worked just as before. All of my settings seemed to be the same as before the update. I then quit and renamed the 64 bit exes and restarted. Again, no problems. I'm not noticing any frame rate changes. Does the install translate settings from the old ini files to the new json format? Seems so to me.

9. Timpreza

Timpreza Registered

I had the same. Just manually deleted that folder and ran the update again.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

SO what's the general concensus guys. I've yet to update. Will be doing a clean, new install. Go for 64-bit or 32-bit? The 64-bit is still considered testing phase while the 32-bit is the only official public release correct?

I'm planning on doing a mega benchmark comparing every combination of the following: single screen, triple screen (Surround), single GPU, dual GPU (SLI), 2D, and 3D (3D Vision), and there is no way in hell i'm going to do all those benchmarks on the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. One or the other lol.

Which one seems to be working better / less buggy?

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm hoping you will educate us after all your tests ;)

Saying that, 64buts seems pretty stable for me, no really a difference with 32bits (but memory management, more AIs, etc.). No fps differences for sure as I tested both.

12. erulu

erulu Registered

Hi all, after i installed B770, i got a warning like: options frame add error; could not load "blankbutton0000.bmp"
    So how can i fix this. Thanks.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

14. erulu

erulu Registered

15. 88mphTim

If you think it's right, but not what I was told. :) The main thing is to stop him using 0,02 for 0.02.

16. susov8

susov8 Registered

I launch from the shortcut you created on the desktop, but I still do not understand how to launch 64-bit, which is what I think I understand you question.
    I've been competing all year with win8 and have not had any problems.

17. 88mphTim

You give the 64bit executables the name of the 32bit. If you don't understand it may be better to wait until 64bit is the primary.

But I am confused, are you saying rf2 works fine? Your previous post seemed to say otherwise.

18. Hybridesque

Hybridesque Registered

Finally got Build 770 to work for me. Been experiencing issues with Launch rFactor.exe just crashing out on startup since updating to it. Managed to pin it down to my \Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor folder.

I had to delete/move it and then reactivate from scratch, how annoying.

19. 88mphTim

Did you save the old one, by chance?

20. Hybridesque

Hybridesque Registered