rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

Brill! Been looking forward to this one. Many, many thanks ISI team!

2. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Many thanks for new build ISI, rf2 is THE game :)

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Installed from scratch from the Lite, Installed the Track & Cars from the saved Package folder from previous build, and all running well.
    Thank you ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Used the Auto updater without a problem. I love the 64bit build and now have a new hobby: Watching 103 AIs fight on every track I have installed :D
    Thx ISI, great job!

5. borges

borges Registered

where can i download the 770 build? I can't autoupdate!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Assuming this next version was a decent step forward I had planned to extend my license to lifetime (I was one of the early adopters who ran out in mid-June). Now that I see I have been cut-off auto-updating, I will choose not to do so until multiplayer is working fully and properly.

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Don't get you. Autoupdate is a feature for people with online subscribtion. It's convenient. If you didn't pay your subscribtion you gotta install it manually. Also Multiplayer seems to be working so...

9. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

Thanks for new build ISI......Love it :cool:

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

True, true. One of the biggest builds ever. Everything seems to be ok and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

11. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Updated using the automatic updater in the launcher and just did an online race right after that, no issues. Everything seems to work fine so far :)

There is one thing I noticed though. If I select a server in the matchmaker it resets that servers current players to 0. So if a server has 10 people on it and I click it, it then shows it as an empty server (0 players).

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It shouldn't be a feature for people with an online subscription. rF2 requires vastly more fiddling and aggravation than most sims, including with the auto updater (over the period since ISI launched it). The least ISI should do is what 90% of all other software does--auto-update.

I was also protest-delaying my license upgrade because despite talking about the mid-June deadline (affecting many early adopters) back in February or March and knowing that there was no simple/convenient way to upgrade, ISI chose to do nothing to address that. So even upgrading to make updating easier is way more difficult than it should be.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Auto update has been included and working free since launch because you've had free online access since that launch for those of you who came in early. You're confusing that with actually being free forever. I'm pretty sure you were around when all this was ironed out and explained.

90% of software actually doesn't update at all. Because the developers stop developing. It's still a very small amount who update post release, or continue to develop, and those who do outside of Steam or some other auto updating service, offer installers for their updates. Please feel free to point out where a self published title auto updates without cost. I can only think of a couple who auto update outside of Steam, etc, iRacing being the most obvious - and I'm pretty sure users pay for that privilege. Struggling to think of one un-paid auto update example off of Steam myself.

Please address issues sending money on Paypal for us to upgrade, to Paypal:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/
    If there's some other issue with sending money to upgrade, with your RF num or email in the comments, can you please explain?

14. borges

borges Registered

Ty for your reply but what file must i download?

rf2 lite??
    i already have rf2 with the content i want so i just wanted a simple 770 build file!

I also think that an autoupdate is the least any game company can do! I mean consoles evolved in that way for some reason!

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should have known auto-update wouldn't work if you let your license lapse, because that was clearly communicated since the start (so complaining about it now seems a bit late; could have done so since early 2012, but I think most people accepted it... it's just auto update, you can throw a lite over the top which some people have to do if they have problems anyway).

As for upgrading, it's always been said it's not automated but they've been doing it manually (upgrade to lifetime) for people since last year. You chose not to take the lifetime option, so if it's slightly more difficult for you to get it now what's the big deal. You obviously had months to do it even by your own account, or you could have just paid for another year (in line with your original purchase decision) and had auto-update immediately.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Erm... yes... lite. That's the one you're after, as that page explains. That's the site for the game. That's where you should expect to find files relating to the game.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Good stuff ISI, thanks!

18. Mee

Mee Registered

Any more info on this? After updating my dedicated server to 770 (by logging in -> Update) I get a "Networking error: unknown error" and the server doesn't show op in-game.

[​IMG]

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, you can't. It won't run if you do that. See posts above.

I am not talking about whether the auto-update was announced or known, I am saying ISI should include auto-updating with standard licenses since there are so many fiddly issues with this software (and in reality, we're just about to leave beta stage now or in the next couple of builds).

20. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Been getting this error message, tried reinstall but same message, HELP!
    [​IMG]