[REL] SpecMiata 1.00

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

This is respectful or what Tim ?

Slowly, gradually and constant it happens in front of the eyes. How many people have this so-called community probably already lost ?

The time will show it to you. I was not disrespectful, I haven't named people, probably just annoyed, probably because someone has problems with his ego not change the fact there are massive errors but ok I understand and am served.

While fear could lose modder you lose user. This way you get sure the server fully, maybe you can then activate bots, for the few remaining driver have opponents.

Good luck !

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

speed1 calm down. There are so many thread's where technical feedback is welcome.
    Use your positiv energie and your technical expirience there as in the ffb setting thread and all is fine.

Nimm es einfach wie es ist schlaf mal drüber morgen schaut das schon wieder anders aus. Musst ja nicht gleich das rF2 löschen und dich mit Tim anlegen ;)
    Ich lese deine post's gerne.

Sorry for the in german wrote part guys :p

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Just so it's completely clear to everyone posting in this thread.

There was a beta period, where I attempted to resolve everyone's issues. Did I resolve them all - no.

I clearly stated in the release thread that I was done fixing issues, unless there was something catastrophic.

I must have a serious ego problem posting real life videos of myself called flat out of talent :rolleyes:

Are there errors in this mod? Likely so, but are they really MASSIVE? well you decide.

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

It is not ok only reprove me all the time while others are abusive and personal. Thank you but I've made my decision. I have to disappear from this online world, not to be understood and negatively selected comunity which look at everything with a negative connotation.

It is not possible to stay friendly, apparently not, thank you I have enough.

It is ok let us end this here, it was never my intention to want you bad.

5. dowroa

dowroa Registered

Empty Box sent me. This is an amazing mod. Thank you!

6. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

This is such a great car and drives like no other in rF2... certainly in my top 3 mods.

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

coming soon (maybe tomorrow) Clio SC3 class to match up very closely with the Spec Miatas. Very similar to the SPC1Miatas vs. Clio SC1

8. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I have a question. This isn't a bug report or complaint, just a simple question.

At Lime Rock-No chicane, when I run offline with AI @ 100%, they are running times in the 59s range. Is this mostly correct? The reason I ask, is because I recall you mentioning that a good time at LRP was in the 1:02 range, and the AI are beating that by a good 3 seconds at least. Now, I have been able to get consistently into the 1:02 range, and based on MY skill level (ie, not very good) it seems these cars can easily get below that.

So, in real life, what is a good lap time at LRP? If it is 1:02, then I feel pretty awesome since I can hit that. If it is more like 59s, and others are hitting that, then I need to work a lot harder with these cars. Thanks.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

My best, as of the final beta testing, was 1:00.9. As long as my concentration lasted and I didn't encounter too much traffic, I could run half the laps under 1:02. Yeah, real life laps are in the 1:02 range, but that's also probably under very tight racing conditions... watch some YouTube videos... oh, here's one qualifying at 1:00.8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpy7D5ElwyE.

Now about the AI, you have to realize that different tracks are at different calibration levels and the AI does NOT use the same tire model that you do. If it doesn't match your 100% level, then adjust the slider by 1% or 2% or 5% or 10%. For what it's worth, for the life of me, I have to turn AI down to 95% or less at Loch Dreaded, er, Drummond because the track does not click with me.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Not to mention that AI run on the old tire model which will give different results.

Edit: just reread your post and realized you DID mention the tire model. Hahaha. I need to learn to read better. I'm turning into my boss who only reads the subject and first sentence of an email.

11. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

One should take the AI out of the equation, because they are a little artificially fast. With the AI I erred on the side of too fast, because of the lack of quality AI on some 3rd party tracks, mine included.

The one thing I always keeps in mind is the "Oh Sh!t" factor. The lack of an escape key for a new car is worth a little bit of time. I'm not saying the SpecMiatas are dialed in perfectly. They actually might be a tad bit too fast. I'm 2-5 seconds faster virtually than I am in real life, depending on the track. I'm also not the fastest real life driver. I tend to like to drive my real car back up on the trailer at the end of the day - it's cheaper :).

Overall, I contribute the time delta to lack of track accuracy, road conditions, wind and the "Oh Sh!t" factor.

And again, the virtual car is very possibly a tad too fast or grippy.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Could I ask what the power of these MX5's is? In BHP?

13. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Certainly. This is from the rF1 Physics Editor - For rF2 I ran it through Lemming77's engine converter

As you can see the BHP is a tad high, but the virtual world is also not perfect. You have to fudge here and there

View attachment 13230

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

updated Clio SC (slow car) classes

v1.42
    Fixed spinner gen issues
    Added SC3 class for competition with SpecMiatas

These are also setup in GetMod.

The SC3s are pig slow off the line, but they are quite a bit easier to drive than the SMs - should provide some close racing

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Brilliant, many thanks!

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Amen! There are lines we can drive in the virtual world we would never choose to do in real life, like bouncing over 6" tall curbing with no consequences (real life = pranging the oil sump or busting a tire).

I can't count the number of Howstons I turned into virtual scrap learning their limits. Fortunately the SpecMiata mod is slow enough that I usually can rein it in before contact with solid objects and other cars.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Somebody had to do it...

Took a few laps at historic Spa and Brianza. With the default setup, top speed in Belgium was 138 mph and top speed in Italy was 134 mph. Tried the other differential at Brianza and... no noticeable difference in the replay, though the dashboard speedometer said I was going faster.

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

This car (and your supercharged version) is absolutely brilliant, a real joy to drive

19. MJKProductions

MJKProductions Registered

Hi, I'm fairly new to rFactor 2, and I can't find a download link on this page anywhere. Maybe I'm missing it. Where would I find the link? Thank you :)

Edit: Nevermind. Feel stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

He brought me here too. :)