[REL] SpecMiata 1.00

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

v1.2

v1.2 is compatible with 64bit builds

change list:
    • slightly improved graphics
    • car camera improvements
    • minor bug fixes
    • 1008 degree wheel rotation option in tuning

physics are identical

THIS IS A NON-EYE CANDY MOD and never will be!

Also setup in GetMod

Please be aware that the default shifting option is H-Pattern with Clutch. If you don't have a clutch or an H-Pattern shifter, please choose the Paddle Shifter option in tuning.

If you choose the H-Pattern option, you will have to make good shifts

Driving Tip
    Be patient with your entry speed! This is the critical mistake that SM drivers make. You can carry tons of speed through turns, but you have to get the entry speed right. If you come in too hot, lift a little and preemptively counter steer.. you can save it to a point :)

I recommend the following FFB settings:
    G25/27:
    Car Specific FFB MULT = 1.24
    FFB Smoothing = 4
    Steering torque minimum="0.08000"

T500
    Car Specific FFB MULT = 1.00
    FFB Smoothing = 0
    Steering torque minimum="0.03000"

I recommend setting your engine volume to 35%. Spec Miatas are LOUD. Setting the this to 35% is effectively the same as wearing ear plugs, plus you'll be able to use TS or Vent and hear the spotter.

Paint Template

Here's the deal with coloring the other parts of the car
    Materials are mapped as such
    WCExtra0="Interior"
    WCExtra1="Floor"
    WCExtra2="Rims"
    WCExtra3="Cage"

use SM_INT.psd to create the following files
    SM##Interior.dds
    SM##Rims.dds
    SM##Cage.dds

use SM_Floor.psd to create
    SM##Floor.dds

You can also use the WCWINDSHIELDIN.psd and WCWINDSHIELDOUT.psd to make custom windshields
    SM##WCWINDSHIELDIN.dds
    SM##WCWINDSHIELDOUT.dds

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Seahawks1Fan

Seahawks1Fan Registered

Great - just went to the SM race yesterday at Portland International Raceway, so time to take these for a spin in rF2! Thank you for all your hard work to bring this to the masses.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks PB, is this version any different to what we tested yesterday?

4. niko666

niko666 Registered

Great mod! Is the supercharged version basicly MX-5 Cup car(the same one as in Iracing)?

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

An extremely enjoyable drive this little car provides. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Having trouble downloading is the link broken ?

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

No problems here downloading as I type.

8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Identical, except I fixed the icon for SM02. I posted about needing to re-download in the beta thread.

9. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

No, it will be using identical meshes other than the addition of a wing. It will also offer a 5-speed or 6-speed transmission.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Pity was otherwise occupied last night, would like to help you. Well then I'll make up for it and test it for myself, and thanks again.

The real vehicle in its standard roads version with a little optimization on the chassis/suspension and tires was already known as very funny.

I'm not sure if I in my career over 20 years ever have driven a supercharged, since it is a long time ago as these cars on the German roads were multiple represented, and we have repaired this, but I see from time to time a standard version, still alive. :)

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like this car, the ffb is good, the sound......but damn when you lose it you lose it and you can't ever catch it!
    Maybe it is me. :)

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

As a lurker in this thread and the last one, I hope PB is thick skinned because jeebus, some of the complaints are down right rude and annoying. He could have kept this to himself instead of releasing this car to others who are interested in a Miata.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:rolleyes::confused: We are here to give our ffb. I didn't say this mod sucks or offended him:( I even said I like it, but when I lose it I can't even catch it...so where do you see my rude and annoying complaints?!:confused:

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Hey guys, please keep the commentary civil. I built this mod for myself to practice before heading out the real track in a real SpecMiata. I know it will not please everyone and I'm fine with that. It went through multiple beta iterations and I addressed many requests, but it is now v1.00 and released.

I'm now focusing on the beta for the first SuperCharged version. I won't be "fixing" the 1.00 version unless there's a catastrophic issue.

You're welcome to complain about stuff, but if you're expecting changes, well... that ship sailed in the beta thread :)

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm now used to lose rear and to be able to catch it again after some practice. As recommended to me in the other thread, lowering Camber to the minimum allowed (AFAIK -2,6 & -2,4) and adding some toe IN front 0,10 and Rear -0,10 helped a lot too. Now, playing with the throttle I'm able to catch the rear when it start to slide. I did that several times during nearly each curve on the video I posted in the Video thread at Lienz. Really funny and pride when you start to be the Master of this car :) I'm now able to take the big right curve at Thruxton full throttle, lowering slightly when I feel the rear sliding and pushing full throttle nearly immediately after that. Always on the limits! That's great :)

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

This is actually quite true in the real world. Check out this video of me losing it in turn 6 @ Texas World Speedway. I called the video, flat out of talent... for good reason :)

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

think peoples perception of "catching' a slide is a little blurred from playing too many sims..

Imo catching a slide should be successful 1 out of 3 times not the other way around.otherwise you will see no pro's lose it?!

Maybe sims make it too forgiving i dont know.. just my 2 pennies.

plick good work let it be.. its a challenge.!!

18. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

LOL. Good stuff PB. Thanks again for your work.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, I use a lot the throttle to catch it and to make the car mor stable, but some times you cant do any thing!
    Maybe as said by PlickBadger, it happens also in the real life. I will work in the setup and thanks for the advices.
    Great work PlickBadger:)

20. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

Thanks for your work PlickBadger. Very nice mod. ;)