[WIP] 24H Le Mans/WEC/TUSCC 2014 skins

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by EraZr1, Jun 15, 2014.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

#66 JMW/Flying Lizard from the 2014 Le Mans. I think I still prefer the #62 (especially those mirrors) but it's nice to have more Ferruccios of other colors than red. ;)
    If anyone else has Ferruccio skins nearly ready, I'll probably package up a component file with the skins, veh files for offline AI use and talent files before or on the weekend.
    [​IMG]

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Great skin ethone!
    We should open a new "how to" thread about creating a skin pack and gather some information what works best and what information is needed for the veh and talent file.
    For example:
    - Should the skins have different classes to make it possible to separate them from the original skins (EGT_Full_SP1, WEGT_SP1, Ferruccio_EGT_SP1)?
    - A list of drivers for the talent file
    - Should we include a "new" fast path in the talent file?
    - What settings shouldn't be changed to make hoover's job easier (rFRank).
    - Include Icons?
    - How to name the mas file of the skin pack (duplicate files)?

Here is an update file for the Ferruccio (for testing)

https://mega.co.nz/#!aswRUQJJ!CKzIdEzB8fEsaXEB54umTSEeWmQHmkOtB6AjZIn9jWc

3. ethone

ethone Registered

I've already built skin packs for my personal use but you mentioned some things I hadn't thought a out previously.
    One thing I have considered is new classes, I'm leaning towards having at least one for the 2014 Le Mans, 2014 FIA WEC and one for the 2014 TUSCC (although we don't have a skin from it just yet).

I think I'll also do the Krohn Racing LM entry and update all the GT-AM AF Corse cars with the Le Mans numberplates and driver names.

mastpalermo, how far along are you with the Sofrev entry?

4. Miro

Miro Registered

That's very nice looking one!

5. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

I have just nearly finished the Krohn Racing LM Skin, so you can look if you can do another one, that we dont do the same work.

I also added on the first page a list with the Le Mans Cars and the persons who are doing it, or have done it allready. ;)

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Well crap. I'm already up to the driver names and have only the banner left to do. :)
    I'll finish mine in a few minutes and we can decide which one to include in the package later. Or I'll re-purpose mine into the TUSCC version.

7. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

I will start with the #72 SMP Racing now

8. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Glad to see this coming to fruition. Thank you all in advance for your work.

9. ethone

ethone Registered

Looking through your list from the first post - I have the #81 AF Corse done as well. The AF Corse collection includes the #51, 60, 61, 62, 71 and 81.

Here's the #57:
    [​IMG]
    (after taking the shot I noticed the inside of the main vent on the hood wasn't blue as it's supposed to, that's already fixed)

I'll leave the SMP to you and am looking forward to the Dempsey Porsche. I already did the (rather different) TUSCC version btw.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Impressive skinning ethone...

Do you skin in your sleep? :p

11. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

View attachment 13262

Still WIP, but will be done soon.

Unfortunately I have to delay the Astons til after my holidays which end mid july, if anyone wants to do them instead, feel free. Otherwise I'm going to rework the WEC cars and do the LM versions as well.

Edit: Is someone able to identify the logos on the rear bumper of the #90? theres a blue one with a 100 on it and a white one with black spots.

Also: Race version with black/silver front bumper or the regular version? Or both?

12. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

13. ethone

ethone Registered

The black and white one is the logo of grandprixmodels.com (SFW). The Project 100 and GPM logos are on the Team Taisan entry as well.
    Here's a cleaned up version of it. Not perfect but it was good enough for the Team Taisan livery:
    View attachment 13273

Oh and I'm all for having two versions, including the race version with the silver front bumper.

14. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

I have seen that the Viper will run at the Watkins Glen 6H in the old classic red/white stripes livery :cool:

That will be really cool

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

And the rest of the season I believe.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

This is till WIP, I have the 93 at about the same stage. Busy these last few days though but will have them finished soon. :)

[​IMG]rFactor2 b660 by tjc - Sim Screens, on Flickr

[​IMG]rFactor2 b660 by tjc - Sim Screens, on Flickr

When completed I`ll put them up in the skins thread...

I`m also posting the WIP`s here for some advice... the colour (red) is the same for all car parts but as can be seen, the back wing and banner look different to the body. Will I have to alter the back wing and banner colour to match the body more?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  17. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

the first Aston is nearly finished, except the wing, banner and some small logos.

[​IMG]

@Tosch, you could make the reflection a bit less shiny, it looks like its to much, for me..

18. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe you mean tjc :D and if so I see the same.

@tjc, can you reduce the brightness of the alpha channel? There is a big difference in color between the rear wing and the skin. Check the alpha of the rearwing and adjust the alpha of the skin (brightest parts) to the same brightness.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`ll give that a try Tosch... as I said in my last post, I noticed the different red`s on the back wing and banner but I don`t remember altering anything on the alpha`s. I`ll experiment though and see how I go. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014