Thruxton

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Deadpedal, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Excellent. We are all grateful. I am sure pay2021 will do up a new version after you send him the update.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

PM sent

Please make sure to leave the track after you have changed the hdr profile settings to make the profile work correctly.

AIW has new fast, block, left and right path. Teleport spot, special slowdown and fuel calculation set. Fast path has been created with Megane. Have to test with other cars. Especially Clio and FR35. The curbs are very high and it could be possible that the clio's tip over. Maybe I have to change the corridors.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice work Tosch...

Good to see guys coming together and using all skills/knowledge for the benefit of many.

Cheers. :)

4. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Really fun track in the EGT mod. Thanks for this gem !!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
  5. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Wow, if every miscommunication or misunderstanding in these forums turned out this way...:)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

???

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Positive feedback from Deadpedal IMO, he's happy the way people talk and help each other on this thread as it's not always the case. At least this is the way I feel when I see all those persons collaborating friendly with a common goal, it's simply great! :)

Thanks guys! :)

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry, I was distracted working on 0.7. I think now he is referring to the VirtualR issue, but ??? There is no misunderstanding here--only talented people (not me) working together to make an awesome track. Version 0.7 with Tosch's updates will be coming shortly. It looks and drives better than ever!

EDIT: See how well we work together...simultaneous posts ;)

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

:D nice timing

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool, thanks to all involved. :)

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks! Now go watch the rest of LeMans and have a cold adult beverage.

13. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

OK. Only thing I would mention is I am running Meganes on here. The AI is much better however there is one winding right they take way too wide and it slows them quite a bit. Not sure of the corner names but if you test with Meganes it is easily noticed. I am doing 13s and AI is doing mostly 14s @ 100%. For sure because of that section of their line. Also I get some minor stutters with the new HDR profile that isnt there with auto. Not sure why. Just a heads up. Thanks again to all involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You are right. The fastest line is to far on the outside at the fast sweeping righthander. Just had a look at some BTCC videos. I will change this. The Honda's are horrible at this corner.
    The hdr profile should have no performance impact but maybe it's the activated bloom that gives you some stutters. I add a second profile without bloom.

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for this great track, guys. Does anyone have a d/l mirror? Mediafire has about 2 hours to go ;) btsync share maybe? I could help with hosting.

Uwe

N/M, must have been something on my end.

btsync read only share for V0.7:

BC6MZPFYUAB2MB62L3OOM2PIZ4HHYRBBR

Please help with seeding if you can.

Uwe

16. hoover

hoover Registered

Maybe you want to change the venue name from "THRUX" to something more desciptive for the final version.

Uwe

17. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Appears I created another misunderstanding! No, my point is that Lasercutter's initial post (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19712-Thruxton?p=271903&viewfull=1#post271903) with the release of his Thruxton contained what appeared to be an open invitation to the community to expand upon his work (3rd paragraph). I and others, Pay 2021 and you, Marc, included (post#17), took that meaning from it too. However, later in that thread after Pay 2021 had done all his work and released v0.6, Lasercutter clarified that it was not his intent, that "...but anyone that wants to try it is welcome to," was meant merely as an invitation for people to try out the track (post#34) then graciously gave permission to Pay2021 to continue, both in the same post and in post #36 after Pay2021 responded. To see the outcome become a respectful collaboration generating this gorgeous track, rather than degenerate into arguments about who said what, was wonderful. Kudos, fist pumps!

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, thanks guys, good stuff

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the clarification.

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Next AIW update is ready. I've added fast path's for Clio and Megane. Best Megane's do now a high 1:12 after a couple of laps. The default fast path is now driven with Ferrucio. Had to modify some corridors because the Honda's tipped over on this path (first chicane). :( It should be fixed now. Pit entry is a bit smoother.

HDR Profile without bloom is included

Here is the Update file (< 1MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!zowR2CrT!Jvu0OX4KKcYR-Q9qgbxDjXMjpWtftEJpBjtbbvMBPPc