Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Twista

Twista Registered

Honestly I think Forza is a great franchise. It's the best entry point to simracing you can get in my opinion. But I would think that, I was obsessed with 2,3 & 4.

It's also the series responsible for me getting into design and photography in a bigger way. It changed the direction my life was going.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

never tried it, I assume physics/ffb is lacking when comparing to the top PC sims

I think it's mainly about the visuals on these titles,
    does look nice though on long beach and laser scanned .....droooooool

not much in it on this comparison though

http://youtu.be/XFaVE2tMdqg

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Id pick Gran Turismo 6 easily over Forza 5 if I had to pick a "semi-realistic" console game as a sim racing entry point on the latest consoles. If you go back to, I think it was Forza 2 for XBox 1?? , then I'd pick that over the Gran Turismo that was out at the time, but for the new ones GT6 easily has better physics than Forza 5. Both are "semi-sim", or as some call them "sim-cades" though, in other words both generally have an abundance of video game-ish physics that you can easily notice in the overall dynamics of the vehicle behaviour.

Honestly I'd choose neither, I'd pick a PC sim instead (unless you have to stick with a console for whatever reason) and just slowly work your way up, use aids, play against the A.I. at lower settings, practice lots, read about vehicle dynamics, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

p.s anyone noticed the hype over AC seems to have dried up?
    (based on the Iracing thread & a quick check in on the AC forum )

not trying to have a dig at the title in anyway

maybe the hyper grip their sim cars have although may give a wow factor to some at first simply become a tad boring after a short time ?

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

imo just a matter of there not being a shiny new toy every 2 weeks now as all of the work is under the hood since MP was released. when spa or the 98T hit, it will he 'hyped' again.

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'm with twista on this. Forza series is what got me here so I can't take a dump on it. It's hard for me to judge this latest iteration of the game though as my wheel wont work with the Xbox One. Greedy ass microsoft.
    What I can say though is putting everything at sim on it and it definitely isn't need for speed. I use the V8 Supercars primarily and I have to say you have to take the same care around a track with that car in the game as anything I've played on any platform. Cold tires are brutal but a lap or two in and they warm up nicely. Great vibration support, of course with a controller I'm not going to get any FFB from steering as far as resistance so I can't call it there.

7. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Steeling steel from a steel mill would be more understandable, if they were to steel anything at all.
    The question does suit a generic gaming-site or the like more, but I do see the point in going 'off course' with people you feel are more sensible. So far some views of FM5 have been interesting, keep it going! Would be cool if anyone could compare the Dallara DW12 between the two, they were roughly released pretty close if I'm not mistaken?

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Sorry it´s in german! And it´s Forza4 not 5.
    But he says in this comparison roughly that the forza car does the opposite of the real one!
    Means it understeers where the real one oversteers and vice versa.
    I mean to remember that there was a version undertitled in English n youtube, but I might be wrong...

9. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

The really interesting thing on this video is that he says the real M5 has more traction than the virtual one, and this in Forza!

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

My one knock on console racing though is having to buy 3 consoles and 3 copies of games to do triple screen racing.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Crap, just noticed...........uhm.......I was drunk? ;)

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah guys, come on; you know what I mean. I was not speaking in general terms of the game; that way, everything would have been stolen. Our cars, toilets and even our houses would be a dressed up knock-off from the caveman time.

No; I meant that if there are 3 very cutting edge features (because that was what the TS was talking about) in Forza ands two weeks later ISI has the same 3 features in rF2; there's bound to be some questions...........

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

GT6 is very good semi-sim and it has a good basic physics.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

What would be those questions and who's asking them? Honest question lol.

If they adopt them, then they've adopted them and that goes for any company. What's the problem?

A good/great idea is a great idea.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

When it comes to the console titles, yes Gran Turismo over Forza when it comes to the basic physics and the feel, but as an overall game Forza is much more complete package and better single player experience by a mile.
    Never got my hands on Forza 5, so there is no first hand knowledge here, but as features and reviews go, it seems like its again more neat and better package overall, than the lastest GT version.
    Its really exciting to see what can Slightly Mad Studios bring to the console market, is there going to be a new standard for these "semi-sims", or are we actually going to see a Sim that even the most devout hardcore simmers can't deny the actual tittle of Racing Simulator!? (personally I doubt that the latter will hold true.)

I played GT6 over a weekend with my friends PS3, my own T500, rig and monitor.
    Really disappointing experience considering the fond memories of GT series I have from ps1 and ps2. It just wasn't even in the same ballpark with the ones I am used to these days.

I suppose when you get spoiled by titles like rF2, AC, GSC2013... it takes alot more than just Turismo to make it feel like a pure blood Sim, one that I would be happy with.

AC hype has not died, its obviously turned more like in to reviews and "opinions" by the users, since the initial wowfactor has worn off.
    It is astonishing piece of software (just like rF2) that just keeps getting better, and the competitors do need to be on their toes with this one.

It is good to be a simracer these days. ;)

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@Dr1Ripper,
    Hmm, I think you're smarter than that.
    You know people (like here on the forum) are going to be upset (of course) and........why do I bother; just don't play stupid with me, you know better.

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That's the thing, it's not "of course" (i.e. obvious) to me because I don't understand why anyone would get upset if a feature was adopted/copied (or stolen if that's how you choose to view/interprete it) if that feature is great (or "very cutting edge" as you put it) and would be a huge benefit to the programe (or sim in this case but this isn't limited to software even).

I'm not fishing for confrontation, I was genuinely asking because I don't understand why someone would question it and/or get upset/disappointed. This makes zero sense to me but maybe I'm missing something hence why i was asking an honest question.

There is no ill will or "playing stupid" with you. It surprises me that you would say/think that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, but.....it's me you're talking to ;)
    Willing or not; I do get into confrontations.
    So; let's just drop it.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Being Dutch and getting into confrontations, that's like a double whammy Nav :)

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Don't get me started ;)