[WIP] Spec Miata

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

nope, not in US. Maybe someone can put up a mirror

2. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

3. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Fantastic mod! I just had a burn at Croft with the AI. Loads of fun.

Can you make the side mirrors individually adjustable?

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Are those times with or without chicanes? Mid Ohio with chicane, after about a dozen laps, I got down to 1:53.0, just barely ahead of 10 AI at 100%. First 8-9 laps I kept spinning at the keyhole and carousel.

After driving Howstons and GT3, it all seems so slow until you look at the replays. Then you realize it only looks slow from the cockpit.

Default setup has more throttle-lift oversteer than I like, but otherwise many drivers will find it suitable. I do miss my '94 R package (sigh).

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

no idea. Is this a feature of rF2? Maybe someone else can answer

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

without chicanes

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Running a 20 lap race after my last post, my best Mid Ohio lap with chicane was 1:49.7. Most laps were 1:50-1:51. Despite several spins <ahem>, I was still 20 sec ahead of the 100% AI at the end of the race, partly because I got a really good start that got me into third after T1.

Many thanks for bringing your mod forward to rF2!

8. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Great job, this is wonderful! I much prefer slower cars to F1/LMPs etc.

Not sure whether it's a bug with the car, the track, the code or simply my over enthusiastic driving, but I found the fuel calculation to be slightly incorrect at Mores. I put 11 laps worth in the tank and spluttered to a halt after 9.7 laps. (my first time to run out of fuel in 18 months of rF2ing)

9. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks, fuel calculation is a track setting

10. Emery

Emery Registered

A second 20 lap race, best was 1:46.8 MidOhio, no chicane. Final laps were 1:47s except the 1:46.8. Note that two AI cars had engine failure.

[First time I've seen the MidOhio AI bug]

The throttle lift oversteer does make it possible to rotate the car by lifting slightly and I get used to it as the track rubbers in, but it can bite you on the green track!

ALL SMILES!

11. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look and see I can figure out how to implement it.

I just checked the historic sparks and I see nothing in the cockpit.ini or mirror meshes that defines this functionality, so unless someone has a thread on how to set this up, this won't be implemented

I just checked this thread

And then went out and tested these options on the historic. The only thing that works is the mirror size, which also works on the Miata, so I don't think there's anything to do

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  12. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

PlickBadger, thanks for this mod, it's pretty damn good and I'm having fun with it. Much appreciated sir.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmm OK, it's time for my famous...

Noob Question of the Day! :

Field is labeled: Toe IN/Toe OUT and go from negative to positive values.

Does adding some toe in for the rear (0,2 or 0,3) mean setting it to -0,2 or -0,3 (negative)?

I found several posts (yeah, noob but I use a lot the search button) which claims changing the sense, the mm to degrees, the in to out, to separate left and right tires when inverse IN and OUT senses, etc and the other way which lost me even more, etc. Nothing saying recently: this is it. So sorry for asking something everybody know (but me).

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I dont know the answer but I've tried (a little randomly!) to change some settings and I got these ones that satisfied me (just about!) but I'm afraid that my changes are not very consistent!
    Here they are : Rear Toe in = +0.30 deg ; Rear Anti-Rollbar = 1.50 cm ; Rear Tire pressure = 190 kPa ; camber = -4
    and FFB multi=1 ; brake sensitivity=115% ; throttle sensitivity=150%

All your comments and tips are welcome!

edit= the tests on LimeRockPark without chicanes.

15. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I tried adding toe ( setting the toe setting to +0.2 ) to increase rear end stability. Although that said, having done more laps in the car, the default setup is pretty good, you need to get used to the cars balance and handling.

Negative Toe is Toe out, positive Toe is Toe in. So Adding positive Toe means, imaging the car from a top view, that the cars front edges of the rear tires are closer to each other then the rear edges. Does that make sense? :)

The easiest explanation i think is to look down at your feet when standing, TOE-IN = Toes point toward each other, TOE-OUT = Toes point outwards

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks, I need to set a small reminder somewhere for that. I knew what is toe-in and toe-out relative to my feet (here in the south of France we often walk with feet "open", toe-out ;)), I wasn't sure if negative was for in or out... Good, thanks! :)

17. Patterik

Patterik Registered

This is pretty cool. The power off oversteer reminds of the iracing spec ford. Trailbraking helps a lot.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

After about 8 laps of practice and then 4 laps of race at Lime Rock, no chicanes, 1:02.45 using the default setup. Next lap I clipped a curb and sent myself into the barriers (sigh). The 100% AI are lapping about 3 seconds slower.

AI are very slow off a standing start. Believe you can make them faster by giving them a higher throttle usage; drawback is they may become unstable on slippery surfaces.

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I agree about the AI. They are real slow. I put them at 110% on Mid Ohio and I was still faster than them. Thought it was the track but maybe not.,

Just a heads up

20. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

AI Noted - totally agree it's mod related. I'll try to figure it out before next release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.