F1rsh2014

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by fujitsu1, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

How about you stop accusing me of lying when I'm obviously not lying..?

It is clear as day that quite a few parts are stolen/borrowed/lent (whatever you want to call it) from F1RFT 2013
    F1 RFT 2013 Ferrari steering wheel and gloves:
    [​IMG]

F1 RSH 2014 Ferrari steering wheel and gloves:
    [​IMG]
    This is the case for all the teams - they have F1RFT steering wheels and gloves.

The suspensions are the same as well:
    Lotus 2013 F1RFT:
    [​IMG]

Lotus 2014 F1RSH:
    [​IMG]

I don't know what it is with my sounds, but I have done nothing else but install the mod with mod-manager, what can I do wrong? I think it's conflicting with the Formula Renault 3.5 mod 2010 by ISI, but I'm not sure... But is that my fault? I don't think so - fix it, you're the modding team behind this...

I'm just pointing out errors with this mod, errors keeping me from driving it. Granted, I could have come across nicer to begin with, but I was shocked of how badly tested it was with so many huge errors, especially as you were announcing it in such a flamboyant and extravagant fashion - it asked for a rough ride.

Thanks, wgeuze!

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Obviously, however when I was cruising through pitlane with the limiter on in second gear, it seemed
    weird that I suddenly lost power. If it is really a questionable issue/report, I can always do some telemetry logging. For
    all I know it's something with oil temperature for example.

Btw, during the race just yet I really noticed how a lot of times the guys shortshift through the lower gears (2 and 3),
    more so than last year, understandably so :p

I do hope we get officially supported (K)ERS this season :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  3. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

I've got telemetry for all my laps... Will cast an eye over it tomorrow night for anything abnormal.

Yep, I too noticed the short shifting in the race[real] - a completely different driving style to adapt to. Enter every chicane braking from 7th long to 6th rapid down to 3rd... 2nd for the hairpin, 3rd at pit exit corner, short shift up to 5th I think at every exit. Only hitting 8th for DRS z1.

4. panande

panande Registered

Ok, my opinion about this mod. First of all: I like it very much. The driving is really fun and challenging, also its the first real F1 Turbo mod, so thanks for that. The cars have about the same proportions as the real ones (Onboard cam) and this is a huge factor for the driving immersion in my case.

So far so good, but I also think that the cars are actually the F1 RFT 2013 cars. The most obvious thing are the steering wheels. They are completely the same (Oh god please change the williams wheel ^^), the rims and the actual car itself. You can find many similarities. But heres the good thing about this mod. The attention to detail. The front and rear wings were changed so that they are identical to the real world counterparts. The sidepod entries are smaller and the top air entry is also changed. The most noteable change however is the big fat exhaust pipe and also the sound of course.
    The cars dont sound the same, but you can clearly hear that there is a turbo working in the back. Great!
    Some modders just lower the nose and want you to think its an actual 2014 mod. It was the same in 2013, 2012 and 2011. Modify the nose and nobody will notice it? Fail.

So although I think the base for this mod is the actual F1 RFT 2013 mod, you have to give credit to RSH for looking into the detail and making the best out of it.

Maybe with the next version you can implement your own steering wheels (With the displays and especially the RB like Williams steering wheel), update the skins to HD and adjust some minor things, like the Sauber nose or sth else.

Cheers guys and thanks for this mod

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I noticed the gearing except the total range is fixed for this mod, probably for league purposes.

About the white car problem, choosing the F1SRH UI, that seemed to fix it. Also, strangely enough, in the 20 odd laps
    which I drove, not a single power failure!

Yes, needing to adapt driving is needed a bit. I'm re-learning Canada in terms of gearing and cornering. The stock setup might not
    be ideal for this car but already I dig the handling, it just seems to make sense.

6. panande

panande Registered

That is a real life change. You can find that change in the new F1 rulebook ^^

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay then, I tried the low brightness skin on the Ferrari and loaded it up on Spa.
    No change, still crazy bright and weird look.

But it noticed that the McLaren and the Mercedes look pretty normal.
    Albeit the reflections are weird but no ultra brightness.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

NOW I'm curious; Björn!! Did you try this?? And?? :)

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Tried switching UI with no effect at all sadly. You have white cars after doing this..?
    God I wanna race these cars, really hope to find a fix soon.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Absolutely - be prepared now, to be labelled a liar and much more.

No, that didn't work either.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I havnt installed an earlier version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as you suggested however it is still the same. Can you please provide a new DL link as there only seems to be a mega link back on page 1. I've been to your website however I cannot see a link and it is not in English.

Here are the three error messages I get when exiting from a test day.

"Error getting stats for texture PANEL_DERECHO_B.DDSError loading texture PANEL_DERECHO_B for material RBR_PANEL_DERECHO"
    "Error loading global material RBR_PANEL_DERECHO" X2

12. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

We only have that link at this moment, but have to say you that more than 150 people have installed and no Error report at all, only yours.
    Have you downloaded again? This error message tells you that it cant find some files. Download again a try.

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Yes. Same problem. I have never had any problem with any other mod.

Using your UI I do not receive the error messages however I still have white cars. This thread is full of racers complaining this mod doesn't work. Anyway no stress, I've reported my issue. I'll now move on to another mod or wait for a future update.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  14. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Who has this problem too? You are the only one reporting that. Dont know why but its something strange. Have you read all the posts? In which one anybody says something like that?

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I have a custom RF2 profile setup in nv inspector.

I am not going to waste my energy. I have white cars.

Cheers for the mod anyway.

16. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

ok, dont waste yours and dont make me waste mine.
    Thanks anyway

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

-double-

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Oh really? Damn... this is going to look like GP2 more and more :X

Very weird, it might be time to call in trace.txt :p
    Something isn't going right at some point, if the modders don't know where and how though,
    that is going to be damn hard to fix.

Hmm, interesting. In an attempt to get back to a point where I had white cars, without F1SRH UI and Dials,
    I still had no problem at all. Really curious this one, but can't seem to reproduce the bug anymore. Sadly I
    forget to enable logging before since this is a fresh rF2 install..

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm getting similar error messages when trying to load up a car in the "vehicle options" screen.
    Three messages that I have to click "ok" to before I can continue.

I'm having a hard time understanding why modders would bother to make cars that only work on a few tracks.
    This is a bit mind baffling actually, sorry to say.

20. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

I don't know if it has anything to do with the white cars but in my case, even though I go to "customize" and choose this mod's iu, it doesn't work. Rfactor 2 default iu remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.