A Comparison of the Features of Different Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, May 26, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I added a new worksheet with the same sims, but the features are specifically graphics and sound related. Please add better features than I have begun

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Good work man, I'd say that rF1 and rF2 does have engine management... I haven't used it yet in rF2, but I did a lot in rF1 when I raced a lot of CTDP F1 2006, where you had 10 steps of power and consumption within the boost, not temporary but decreasy/increment boost... If that isn't management I don't know what it is :)

Oh, if you hadn't noticed, it's editable, you might want to put some protection on it :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Engine management as in limiting the numbers of engines or penalizing players for destroying engines in some way. It is editable, I keep back ups, this is a crowd sourced project. If you can tick any of the empty fields, please do- we still have a lot of sims that aren't well known features-wise

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

LFS and NKP had a lot of unknown boxes and I am not aware of any active current communities racing them. I deleted those columns. pCARS also has a lot of unknowns and is not raced... but it is in closed beta and is one of the sims that's up and coming so it stays.

The sound/graphics worksheet is pretty bare- if anyone knows about these features, please hop on over and update the spreadsheet. Worksheet 1 is racing features, Worksheet 2 is sound/graphics features. Feel free to add features to the sound/graphics worksheet.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Ah, hehe :D I thought you meant engine management as in ignition timing, retardation so on... :)

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

That would be awesome if rF2 had that!

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

No reason for why not get that into the game. Anything that makes the game more lively is good!

We need more dynamic variables to get a more fun immersive experience!

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

completely OT- that could be an upgrade option. When you choose your car upgrades, you choose different timing options. More power, more heat generated, less reliability etc. It'd have to be included with the mod of course.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

So you are saying that "engine management" was a feature which was only manageble by using a third-part mem-hack tool ? It makes sense that some damage might be carried over from race1 to race2 in R07 as it was always designed to simulate WTCC multi races - and it told you after race1 which parts got damage. About the engines, that pretty much comes down to your conclusions, features not communicated to the user by the game I really can't make any sense of, sorry.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Both rF1 and rF2 has it. Boost options. Different power outputs and consumption...

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In Race 07, as a standard part of the game, if you destroyed your engine 3 times in a single session in practice, you begin the race with a worn engine. No memhack tool or anything, I don't know where you got that from. Also in the F1 series you have an allotment of engines over a season.

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

My point is, there is NO indication of which (of what you say is three) engines you are using or how many is available - and it requires a tool which reads engine health status, or an indicator, from memory to observe the status. I wouldn't say that qualifies as an ingame "engine management" feature.

And as I recall, we had drivers exiting and rejoining ALL the time during practice in both R07 and GTR2 in an effort to get as good enginehealth as possible prior to the race - and the server had no idea what your status was from last time. Rfactor atleast know your laptimes - and if you are entering in the same car using same upgrades still.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

There's no season mode coming for rF2.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The more intricacies that are speculation added, the worse this will be. There's misinformation and some things that can be done through modding, that shouldn't be in the list.