A Comparison of the Features of Different Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, May 26, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15VFmoROTY3DOteDHvA42xXXCBE04OpHdvCrDEvAUuO4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone can edit this. I have included the games and options I know, but there are some holes in features of sims I don't know. This is purely whether these features are implemented not opinion on the quality of those features. The clutch option- that is the closest to opinion there is, but most sims let you shift without the clutch while some let you shift clutchless IF you do it right (like NKP)- but not anytime at any RPM (like rFactor). All features are from the stock game, not mods although you can add a mod as a note if you know of one that implements the feature.

Also, let me know if there is any feature or sim I missed. I went back as far as GTR2, if you want to add older sims, go for it. I figured I'd only include sims with current online leagues.

2. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Interesting idea, just a little tip, instead of writing in the cells y, n, s... I would fill the cells with colors and do some kind of legend to make it more user-friendly.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I added some stuff on F1 (only know 2010 version, I assume you mean Codemasters series).

4. Maug

Maug Registered

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Added "Pickup of Marbles, Dirt, Gravel" i.e. reduced traction after going off the line or in the grass - always wondering if RF2 does it, visually it's not really present.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It is present in rF2, but it shows more on some tracks/mods then others and yes, it effects grip. I've been in races where the clag build up was significant.

Yeah, the Codemasters F1 series is what I meant.

Eduard- you can edit the spreadsheet and add that if you want.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I went through the list and added NR 2003 as some still use it for ovals (plus it's one mighty fine driving experience).

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You know what else is missing? R3E and SRW. TBH, I tried them both but didn't get too far with them. Does anyone know enough about either/both to add info on them?

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

GTR2 and Race07 have changing racing lines. not realy simulatet but they are changing over the race and sessions.

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

There is no pickup in rF2.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There is marbles offline in rF2 and they make the surface slippier.

GTR2 and R07 have static racing lines that develop- where and how you drive don't change the the path of the lines, but they do increase the amount of marbles offline.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Are we sure the realroad in F1 series is static (i.e. not dependent on where the cars go)?

I remember when it came out, a big topic was the inability to save mid-race, and reason given was that realroad values would be too complex. A static realroad only has a numeric value on how "dark" it is. So that seems to indicate a more complicated model.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No pickup. What I assume people feel is lack of grip while running wide due to real road and overheated tires from driving badly enough to run wide? All I can think of as why people think so.

Sent using Tapatalk

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So is the marbles off line visual only? Maybe what I experienced was just the lack of rubber?

Someone deleted the name of the feature in row 4 :mad: I can't remember what the feature was they deleted

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

check up on items using the Drive link on top, can also restore. and I suggest you make regular backups or save source. Takes one troll to ruin it all.

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

They reduce grip once you drive over them but you won't collect them on your tyres so as soon as you get off them you get grip again.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Good call. I hadn't thought of the troll factor. done now, thx

OK, I see the distinction now. Pickup of marbles rather than marbles building up. So I am not losing my marbles (as it were) and I really do experience a loss of grip more than just a lack of rubber- but not pick up. gotcha.

18. yifter

yifter Registered

19. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i popped a few simple ones in there. im not in pcars sadly but i do know from the AC vs PCARS FITE! threads their tracks arent laser scanned.

i dunno about AC having marble buildup or clag?? the offroad effect is really noticeable but i dont think that part is accurate.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It was the same as the n (coming) so the repetition was trivial, I removed it and replaced the single entry with n (coming).