Indy AI question/Issue?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Bloke, May 26, 2014.

1. Bloke

Bloke Registered

Hi guys,

I just tested the Indycar out at Sebring - I configured the model on my car to road configuration, however all of the AI were still set up for oval? does this mean they will be like this all of the time? or is there a way to make the ai change their configuration?

Thanks!:confused:

2. Twista

Twista Registered

It's down a line in the code for the track. For example, on the Indy Road Course, the AI will use the correct road config. But on Mid Ohio, and Sebring, they revert to default, which seems to be the oval trim.

3. Bloke

Bloke Registered

Oh ok, would be good if they used the correct configurations so the racing is better!

4. willpinataman

willpinataman Registered

Is there a way for the user to change this?
    If not this is 100% a huge issue. Only being able to run the Indy Car on 1 track in singleplayer is not good. Even the ISI tracks it reverts to oval.
    If the code is in the .mas then the user can't just change a line can they?
    Thanks.

5. Bigfudge

Bigfudge Registered

hi there. I'm also hoping theres a way the change the ai car

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yep, it seems to be in the vehicle.mas which is encrypted. Would be nice if a vmod/rfm setting could give the user the option to create a track/setup array.

7. Marco S

Marco S Registered

Hi, just registered to help you out. You can set configs for cars in VehicleConfig.ini file, but this needs to be packed in .MAS file where track .GDB file is located. If you can't do this yourself then you will have to wait for track modders to update their tracks.
    Put this in VehicleConfig.ini :

"Indycar":
    UpgradeSetting=(6,0,0,0)
    Model=3

8. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Thank you very much Marco!
    Now it works!

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So would Model=1 be Indy 500, Model=2 be short tracks, and Model=3 road courses?

Do I make VehicleConfig.ini or is it pre-existing somewhere? I am looking at a track's .mas file with the .GDB but there's no VehicleCondifg.ini

10. pemigris

pemigris Registered

create a new file with this name, add the lines above, add the file to the mas file with the gdb, save it, pack all files into a new package, install and be happy! :D

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You guys are the best! Look at that- AI with a RC config at Toronto! w00t!

View attachment 13058

I also got AI at Nazareth in short track trim and various other tracks in RC trim. Thanks!

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Have to add here;

Model:

0 = Indy 500
    1 = oval
    2 = short oval
    3 = road course

Trust me on this one ;)

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, thanks.

14. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Can someone give me a little more help, instructions please? Where is the VehicleConfig.ini file, .MAS and track .GDB files that need to be changed? I am little worried this solution may be a little over my head so any help would be appreciated.

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Same trouble for me! I need help...Thanks.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, let's use Barber as an example. This is what I did.

Create a file named VehicleConfig.ini using Notepad. Add the lines
    "Indycar":
    UpgradeSetting=(6,0,0,0)
    Model=3

use Model=3 to change the track to a road course config. Use Model=1 for an oval config, model=2 for short oval. Don't add anything else to the .ini for now.

I took the installed track files and put them in their own folder to work with. C:\Users\Guy Moulton\Desktop\rF2 projects\Indytrackpack\Barber\BIRMINGHAM 2014\1.0 this directory is where I put the .mas file to work with. Use the MAS2.exe (MAS tool) to open the .mas file. For our track, the one you want is BIRMINGHAM.mas in different tracks obviously this will be different- use the .mas with the name of the layout you want to change. There is a .GDB in other .mas files, add the VehicleConfig.ini to all the layouts you want to change. Save the BIRMINGHAM.mas

-Use the MAS2 tool to Create Single Cmp Package. Hit the box with the open lid icon on the tool bar.

-Next to <add New Component> box, give the track a name. Barber_Indy
    -Next to File hit the file cabinet icon and navigate to where you want the .rfcmp to be and give it a name. In the File name: field, put your name, hit open. I know, it makes no sense. You are opening a file you are creating :confused:
    -in the drop down box, choose Type: Location
    -In the MAS Files box add all the MAS files from the directory you created (including of course the .MAS you changed and added the .ini to)

-Hit Package. Don't install yet.

-Uninstall the original Barber track. I'm not sure how to do this and change the name of the track, so if you have both installed, the game gets the names mixed up. Now install your Barber_Indy track.

17. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Well it doesn't seem very easy but I'll give it a try and many,many thanks for this explanation!

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and where does one download this track? (been looking for it for ages since someone said it was available but they never said where!) thanks

19. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Guy

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this. Really appreciated. I agree with jrcn50 that is seems complicated but also will give it a try. Wish me luck. I will try it on Mid Ohio and Long Beach.

20. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Guy - your instructions were great and I actually was able to create a new Long Beach track following your directions and now the AI cars have the road course wings. Next I will do it for Mid Ohio. Now if someone can tell me how to stop the AI cars from slamming into the walls in the second and third corners, it would be even better. Thanks again.