Horrendous Stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by NightSt@lk3r, May 26, 2014.

1. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I got rF2 the first day it went on sale and pretty much since the get go i have had terrible stuttering despite the fact that my frame rate is locked solid at 60FPS, i have no issues with rF1, Project CARS, Assetto Corsa or any other game i play and i play a lot of games this issue is specific to rF2.

Also the new Indianapolis has taken the stuttering to a new level, for the first time ever a game has given me a headache due to the stuttering.

System specs are in my sig.

Thanks for any help.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Reduce your settings for rfactor 2 as there's more number crunching going on than the other sims you have mentioned
    Due to the dynamic nature of rf2

Your pc's bottlenecking somewhere
    I know as I've suffered all this in the past

Run your pc WELL within its limits

Lower res no or very low AA, few AI
    Track detail low too

HDR on

Don't let your ideas of how it should run interfere with reality, rf2 is not those other titles

Shoot for a frame rate above 100fps

Good luck !

3. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I limit my Framerate to 60fps on purpose and it is solid at 60fps, framerate is not the issue it the smoothness at which the frames are being drawn, i have also on occasion had an odd thing where the game would appear to go into slowmotion.

Id also like to add that it makes no difference if i run triple screen or single screen, still solid 60fps but stutters like crazy.

4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Try without the overclock .

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

be nice if users could fill in their system specs (shown by pressing the coloured square)

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi Nightstalker, can't see your specs on my tablet but if your graphics card is nvidia, in the control panel try setting pre rendered frames to 1, helps for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Are you using the latest drivers? The AMD 14.4 ones made a huge improvement to my overall framerate, as well as removing all the small micro stutters I was getting.

Also, remove any rf2 game setting profile in the catalyst control centre. That was wiping my frames out for some reason, even though everything in the profile was set to default type settings.

Other than that, I'm on basically the same hardware as you, i5 4670k and an OC'd 7850, and im able to run on max.

8. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Its the A.I, try the sim by yourself with no other cars on the track it will run fine. I'm having the same issue as you. Sim only works solo.

Until the 660 build and 14.4 release, the sim ran steller on my system. Most settings maxed out, all of a sudden it took a dump. Going to try rolling back an ATI driver and see if I get the same result.

9. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

I feel for you man, had the same problem in rf1 sometimes, smooth but stuttery, drove me crazy, but it was temporary, that slow motion effect, i know. As for the rf2, who the hell knows what's going on, other drivers and see if it's a bottleneck problem, pretty sure that is it.

www.floreacalin.com

10. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

Ok i upgraded from 14.3 Beta's to 14.4(supposedly the same as 14.3 only with WHQL cert) and that did seem to help with the framerate but still had stuttering, what did cure the stuttering for me was after a suggestion from a friend to go in the PLR file and turn the cockpit camera vibration frequency's off, so this leaves me with two possibilities, there wasn't really any stuttering at all and maybe it was just the vibration making the appearance of stuttering or perhaps the vibration code is causing some kind of stuttering in the renderer.

Now two other minor issues im having are weird blocky 8bit shadows at times and the track always looks like its wet

8bit shadows on the foam padding on the rollcage, air intake pipe and on the dash around the LCD
    [​IMG]

wet track
    [​IMG]

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Needs some fine tuning and it will look like this.

[​IMG]

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That's not a wet track though Tosch?
    its more like excessive heat. the illusion one gets when in the desert and thinking you finally found an oasis. I hate it when that happens.

13. Uzair

Uzair Registered

I get the stuttering as well, and it is driving me nuts. The framerate is rock solid above 60 FPS, but it stutters like crazy at certain points of several tracks, such as at Autodromo di Mores. Also, some of the cars act too "bouncy". I wonder if the two are related.
    I know RF2 is still in beta stage, so I hope these issues are resolved for the final release (and that happens this year!)

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Bounciness is all down to head movement, cockpit movment, vibration movement, visual cues of g-forces, etc. Etc. Etc. They can all be modified in many ways. There's probably at least 8 or 9 lines in the player PLR file that can edit these in different ways, not to mention editable lines in the car's specific files as well.

Different multipliers, frequencies, magnitudes, etc.

Not to mention plugins with even more settings, but some plugins may make it even worse and make you feel like the car is a soft peice of bubble or jelly and bouncing and moving all over the place relative to the driver and all over your monitor rather than a stiff peice of metal that is connected to you, so I would avoid the plugins for now unless you're looking for a certain type of look.

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

It is SO cool when I see this in rf2!

16. datanode

datanode Registered

Ah yes, that will be good!

17. Led566

Led566 Registered