Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Really?
    I never heard any sound, while the underbody touches the ground or a high curb. Maybe a matter of sound setting.
    There seems to be also no decrease of speed, even when the car scrubs over the tarmac, at almost the whole length of the straight.
    I tested with very soft springs, lowest packers and high downforce. Static rideheight was about 30 front/65 back.
    Dynamic rideheight was around zero (checked with Motec), most part of the straight.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yes. I suppose it could be my headphones crackling under a certain frequency but I do occasionally hear it. Portugal is bumpy and at IMS in the transition from the flat infield to the slightly banked oval I'll hear it occasionally.

3. TJones

TJones Registered

Not totaly sure, maybe there is a sound, but its far to quiet.
    Would be nice if the devs can take a look in that, because correct rideheight is crucial on ground-effect cars. ATM you can go very low with very soft springs, therfore gain more mechanical grip then you would in RL.
    Simply let the underbody scrups over the road. Only thing, you have to take care about is to not bottoming out in fast corners, to prevent diffusor stall there.
    It's a bit pity, because the downforce calculation from underbody/diffusor seems to work very well. So you gain more downforce with correct rideheight/rake angel. But wthout any drawbacks when the car hits the tarmac, part of it is wasted IMO.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiyathe nav

what did you do?

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Changing gears and stuff.........you have to be creative ;)

6. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I actually did that! And aparentelly it does loose speed by touching the ground on Mid Ohio straights. But it's hard to tell, since at least with my settings (picture). I just can't hear any noticeable ground-hitting sound on DW12.

Nevertheless, the default setup doesn't seem to loose speed, but yet it shows negative Ride Heights on the straights. So I guess we're gonna stick to guess work until we hear something official from ISI.

7. M_Meehan

M_Meehan Registered

8. TJones

TJones Registered

@ Fabio

I just tested with the F-ISI at Mid Ohio, first with default setup and after that with my special-soft setup. I really had to take care not to run to deep, otherwise the tyres are getting to much unloaded in the corners. So after some testing, i manged to get the same exit speed into the long straight with both test laps.

Indeed, you're right, the lap with default setup was about 10km/h faster.
    With default setup, the car did sometimes bottoms out after about the half of the straight. The soft setup however, touches the tarmac over the whole length of the straight.

Well 10km/h, don't know, it's not very much. :)

My soft setup: Front springs 100N/mm, ARB both 96N/mm, 3rd Spring front 96N/mm, 3rd Spring back 290N/mm, all packers at min.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

jeeeesus, that's not soft. That's like a chassis resting on feathers :p

10. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Is there a way to edit the driver names to reflect the current drivers without waiting for someone to do a new skin/driver mod?

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

12. M_Meehan

M_Meehan Registered