Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Talk about a track inaccuracy if that is the 2014 layout - there is a fence on the inside of the wall. That plus the lack of random stalling on the DW12.... such arcade-edness.

I never noticed the plaque on the base of the scoring tower, wonder if you can read it in rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't recall which Indy road version that was, I went through all of them :p. That plaque perhaps can be read... once we get that 64-bit exe and the sharper textures don't crash the game :D.

4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

I second the motion...great fun and will only get better. Thank you ISI.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I love the track modelling. After looking at real on-board footage, IMO the one visual aspect that lets it down a little is the infield grass & textures used. It seems to be carpet flat, with very little depth or anomalies.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This is minor but I figured I'd mention, the texture on the doors seem to be all mirrored so when the door is facing a certain way the writing is reversed.

View attachment 12937

7. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

If the text is on the inside of the window it would be backwards, it's to be read from the outside I'd assume.

8. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

I was able to get close to it, and it's pretty cool:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbwxxed53a4ciso/rFactor2 2014-05-27 21-53-41-71.jpg

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

A small glitch. Running 28deg front wing however on my pit request it says 17deg.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya EB

re.the stalling, do they -the real world drivers (&you) use a clutch with the DW12, if so I'm assuming it's on the wheel ????

( I have lower paddles for clutch on my custom wheel but don't use them at the mo )

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Yes.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

thanks -nice vid

they use the clutch just for launching ? eg not for every gear

also the throttle mapping on the fly is good, be nice to setup a knob on my wheel which links to the accelerator sensitivity
    ( if this would give something similar even if in a very basic form )

stalling is an important feature agreed

gosh I hope the update is good for this sim-car it has such potential

13. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Basically a very similar system to how F1 cars get off the grid, too.

From Tims communication on these forums I have no doubt they intend to update it and know exactly what they need to tackle :D

14. Thomas Wiesel

Thomas Wiesel Registered

Great work ISI!
    Just trying the new DW12 with a single player race in Mid Ohio. Can anybody tell me how to setup the race without having the Indy 500 versions of the car in the grid?
    I selected the road car and all of the CPU cars are driving with the Oval version. (front and rear wings different)

15. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I think that's a missing setting in one of the track files. It might be set to default and the value needs to be RC configuration.

16. Thomas Wiesel

Thomas Wiesel Registered

Yes, it looks like.... I tried other "RC" tracks and the cars where configured right. I don't have a clue about modding tracks etc., so I'll check if I could adress it to the Virtual_LM Team. Thanks :)

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.Indianapolis track quality

of course we like nice visuals & details (providing decent fps still possible), but surrounding items don't really get noticed once your moving around the track at speed.

the most important thing of all is ( to me ) track surface / small cambers / bumps etc that are felt & have to be considered whilst driving the sim car

an example is longbeach in Iracing, a great track with lots of irregularities in the track surface
    (common to road courses I believe) lots of bumps / cambers etc :

[​IMG]

no textures or objects ( except laser pixels ) on the other side of the road barriers at all
    extreme example I know, people had to pay for this (including me) yet it's amongst my top 5 favourite tracks in Iracing
    (mainly due to extremely good amount of "character " in the road surface

p.s Indianapolis judging by the laser scanned version (older config I know) has little character so not having a dig at the ISI version, but I'm certainly not that bothered about grass or doors textures as I don't have to drive a sim car on them
    overall the visuals look of high quality to me & I also run on min track detail
    (for fps advantage)

I think Indianapolis in rfactor 2 is a great track ......all those configurations too yummy!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  18. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

I could not agree more.
    +1

Ruben

19. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Fuel tank quantity is listed at 14.3 gallons in sim, according to various sources it's 18.5 or 19 gallons.

20. bwana

bwana Registered

tank capacity is probably relevant for usage and statergy but just wondering about fuel weights effects on physics for car 'feel' simulation? Are both taken into account with moding?

Quite frequently lately my Q set with lower fuel quantity onboard hasnt been quicker than mid race fuel amounts , biggest gains have been from vent,wing and tyre changes not fuel.