Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ah ok is new to me, are they available in other series as well, and are the steps correctly in the sim ?

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

A lot of series have adjustable ARB and yes, you do use them in the race in real life racing. It adjusts the balance of the car as the tires go and fuel loads change and as the rubber comes in. Indycar has them, V8SC, Brazilian Stock Cars- they had them as far back as in 1979 F1 cars (probably way before then too). It's not a new technology by any stretch of the imagination.

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ok thank you seems i'm mixing things. Does that mean sway bars, stabilizer, arb's calling the same ? I don't get this technical language. The translators aren't very helpfull with technical language unfortunately.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I agree with the damage comments ( where ever they are )

100% damage seems like 60% thus "dumbing down" the simulator experience etc,

( based on a few crash/knock vids etc )

there is the ability to reduce the damage from 100% for those who want reduced consequences for mistakes

even if slightly worse than just a small tap puts the wheels slightly out of whack

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Indycar drivers are so arcade! :cool:

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I haven't done any sim oval racing in years, what a buzz! Excellent work. Good FPS & and all data channels logging.

Tim do you know the optimal braking temps?

A couple of small issues:

1. Elbows protrude outside the cockpit again.
    2. Damage realism is questionable. I have hit the walls very hard at high speed with no wheels/suspension breaking off.
    3. Will we see power boost implemented?

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Actually I'm the only one is arcade here. :)

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

steering input - accelerator control
    (how he's correcting the steering managing traction & working towards full throttle through corners )

I think we have to bear in mind that these are top highly practiced drivers in a highly competitive environment
    as a result the car movement would seem smooth and steady
    -even though they'll be pushing these cars to the very max so I'm assuming if they could max out the accelerator mid corner -they would

like professional F1 drivers they make it look easy but I think ( to get the times they do ) it is not

by looking at the steering inputs and listening to the engine for accelerator control
    it shows (to me) how much work/skill/effort is going on to keep the car stable
    & smooth looking

I'm more than happy for people to use aids (in the simulated rf2 version) if they want a casual experience etc, but in full simulator mode (no aids) it shouldn't seem casual or overly planted

if the feeling of min to med "hard wired" traction control was taken away from this sim car it would really be top

p.s the vids showing the cars doing a leisurely lap (not hot lapping or racing) don't really show the twitchy-ness of a car so much

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  10. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Didn't you say you are a master mechanic for race cars AND an instructor? Pretty sure that was your CV given to rF2 when you insisted they listen to your advice. Yet you didn't know that anti-roll bars can be adjusted from the cockpit? This has been around for years, different series have different rules but the ability to do this is old news. You can even buy DIY kits if you are a die hard track day junkie.
    You seemed to know what function they had in game but now are are confused? Sad some people come here and play make believe.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

I never said race cars, and I do not want to tell you now what I really thought what it means. That would only make things worse but you're welcome to have my position if you try to master a language with just the help of translators, and you do not have to be immediately disrespectful, not even when one makes a fault. You've never made ​​an error I suppose, especially if there are language problems.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

ARB= Anti-Rollbars= Rollbars= Swaybars (US Term only as far as I can tell). I don't know what else they are called.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you.

14. Josh Cade

Josh Cade Registered

I'm a long time rFactor user, but new to rF2 other than the beta.

I moved the DW12 car and Indy Track to my documents/packages folder and installed no problem from the Mod Manager.

Now... how do I play it!?! lol

I can only select the 1960's Historic under series or vehicles. HELP!!!

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

In the series selection tab, on top it says 'all cars all tracks' or something like that. If you press that button, then under vehicles you can select all installed cars ;)

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ah the infamous 60's bug. you are doomed!

Seriously though, open rf2, goto series, click AllCarsVehicles and then back to car selection. you will find yourself doing this allot

17. Josh Cade

Josh Cade Registered

So easy, I actually clicked that but guess I didn't click "accept". I was losing my mind. :D

18. Nelson

Nelson Registered

I don't know if it has already been reported or not, but if you choose primary tyres at the beginning of the qualifying, you still can change your tyre choise by loading a car setup saved alternate tyres type within the course of the session. Anyway, I really enjoy the 2014 layout with the DW12s. Great job!

19. Gunnar

Gunnar Registered

I just wanted to say thanks to ISI for Indycar. Thanks.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Reporting a couple of issues:

1- Practice, when I clicked Finish Session went cuckoo and thousands of laps were run and the lighting was all kabonkers. I thought my practice time was set to 60 minutes, by the way (first time running Indy)
    2- Perhaps something with car ride height, the F ISI overshot the corner and clipped the kerb, sending it into a spiral of doom due to the apparent increasing acceleration momentum from those flips

View attachment 12929
    View attachment 12930

View attachment 12931
    View attachment 12932
    View attachment 12933