Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

the message allready says that just one sentence later ;) 100% damage

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Oops, yup it's there.

They make the setup understeery like that so it's easier to drive. A lot of stock sets are like that in the sims I have played. The OP has links to better setups.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

wait, wut???? Oh wait, also talked about that in my post, LOL.

EDIT :: Not blaming you for not reading properly though, I don't read long posts completly for myself as well. (Most of the times I even skip them entirerly ;) )

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah, I read that- I'm not sure how I missed the 100% damage part. I only addressed that it's pretty standard. Slow but stable setups are common in my past experience.

5. GT1

GT1 Registered

Thanks so much for the car and the 4 different layouts.. delighted with it, great work!

6. yifter

yifter Registered

Good work, exceptional feeling driving out of pitlane, it makes you feel the size of the place, no matter what layout. However, i noticed there is no announcer and no atmo sounds, maybe by mistake, or rush, or its a content thing and will be corrected in a future (core) release. Good car, good track, good racing, exceptional engine (in car and outside, in car somewhat overwhelming and almost frightening) sound! . I noticed one car, one cane see the track surface through the gasoline input (Tankstutzen) of the car in track cam . Im german, forgive me ;)

Edit: spell check, sound impressions of car

7. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Overall I'm pretty happy with the mod/track, except I've now given up pretending that I can wait any longer for a computer upgrade. :D

Even the "racey" setup seems very forgiving, I'll have to admit; it might need a little less understeer to be quicker. You really have to throw the car into a corner in order to hit the wall and/or spin out. I'm OK with this, because my goal is to have fun and won't be racing on the oval very much. I'm primarily interested in road courses. But one thing I like is that even with the asymmetrical setup, the car is pretty stable on the straightaways. This seems to match real-life observations (it's not uncommon for drivers to relax their grip and tweak the controls on the straights when not actively battling with someone) and the other well-regarded sims on rF1. There was an rF1 IndyCar sim not long ago which was almost undrivable with the default setup because it required strong correction to the right (meaning the wheel was cocked about 45 degrees) just to hold the car in a straight line. I was assured by the "experts" on another forum that was perfectly accurate and matched the real car behavior. :rolleyes:

So, well done to the ISI team. I'm sure the track and car setups will evolve over time, which will be great. All I really need now, besides more tracks :D , is a vintage and a modern sports car prototype mod with period-correct liveries.

8. willz

willz Registered

never thought of it like that, thank you, although dont think hitting the barriers equates to being a super sim racer, learn something every day

9. rockbass

rockbass Registered

AI on the DW12 is not using the correct configuration on many tracks. It's picking high speed oval configuration for Malaysia and many third party conversions. Any way to control this in a config file ? I thought I might rename this from rFactor370z to rFactorDW12 but not if the AI keeps picking the wrong configuration. Gee even Kurt Bush can go around turning left and if he had been in the lead at the end of the race they might not have shown his wife on ABC and let us see the finish of the race instead. Anybody got any help for this quirk (The AI issue not the issue with ABC's coverage of Indy).

Drove 10 hours to see the Road Coarse race and what a blast but I wish I had bought a seat in the turn 7 grandstand. Only thing is the grandstand didn't make it into this build of ISI's Indy Road Coarse, maybe the next one. Also the grandstand at the chicane before the back stretch would be nice. Still very well done !

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

oh sorry, misunderstood ;)

Yeah, I have that experience too, however, for rF2 it is a first ;)

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I stated before in this thread that I too questioned whether grip and ease of handling is correct. Today I was racing on the ISI official oval server using the default oval setup first but wasn't competitive. DurgeDriven was so kind and gave me a faster setup which improved my lap times >1sec and the behavior changed to a beast! Resulting in great races and to me (though I don't know much about Indycars) a lot more believable. Only as a note, because still most important (for me) is, and as Tim said is ISI's way to do it, accurate on real data!

EDIT:

Oh, I've never seen that. Maybe this should be made more prominent so everybody sees it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  12. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Great work, Just got back from the Race and loaded it up before I go to bed tonight ..

Just saw one thing real quick when I came out of the pits on the oval (too late to check everything else tonight)... Pit wall between the track and pit road does not have a fence on it it is just the wall. It was like this for both the 500 and the GP race this year.

View attachment 12927

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for this new content. Car is pretty fun and the track layout is pretty ok once you learn it (was lost where to go at first, maybe optional routes should be blocked somehow). Oval is nice addition but I hate when the car goes trough a wall or road in high speed when there is a contact. ISI servers should have higher damage so that we wouldn't take so much risk. Now you have to hit the wall really hard to brake your car.

Haven't yet tried the car on other tracks than IMS so that next.

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I thought that at first then once you get used to the track its okay. But cones to mark off unused routes would be nice.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1

16. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

OVALS - Understeer - Simple fix default -9 front wing -9 rear wing.
    Give it less rear wing -10...(speed) and more front wing -8 (bitey bitey)

Now you can corner flat out..and turn down mostly (with slight speed loss) - yes you have to be much gentler at turn in.

Get some more speed.. drop your ride height front to rear onto the ground to reduce some drag further..

Thats a 30 second fix, not an ideal setup, but should help those new to it with default setups.. much more tuning needed to make it super awesome.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have been playing with setups on the ISI server and small adjustments make a big difference. I managed to make the car fairly fast with wings 10/9 and on my own it was good but in the draft it was a nightmare and ended up crashing out. Just a few more tweaks and the car was great on its own or in the draft. I didn't really do much either these things are just very sensitive to the smallest changes. Changing to 10/9 helped to stabilize it in the draft and making ARB tweaks helps on the track- I can feel it when the tires come up to temp and pressure then I dial out some front ARB so the front end will bite then the car comes alive. I love that.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Since when it is possible to set ARB's during the drive, I do not mean rf2 but the reality. A little arcade I think that's, ok in practice mode but during the race :confused: ....a little strange like all other tools/aids which can be used.

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

:confused: :confused:

20. kmw

kmw Registered

I'm pretty sure they were able to adjust them in cockpit this year.