Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Already addressed, it's a known issue that is not a content issue, in other words something that will be fixed in an upcoming build it seems.

2. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I've posted yesterday, to say thank you to everyone who worked theyre butts off at ISI. Obviously i wanna do that again :p but i also have a few (minor) bugs/questions i want to put down here ;

When racing the AI, the majority (say 8/10) dive into the pits on the last lap of the race (on the 2014 roadcourse)

While watching replays, some parts of the car go transparent, the air-box becomes "see-trough" and also the fuel "hookup point" (or whatever you call that :p ) becomes "see-trough"

For the questions, do you have the intention to "expand" your templates? What i mean by that, will you release the template for the new helmet model and the "number badge" on the steering wheel? And are the driver suits still the same as the old ones or will you (hopefully) have a new one out for that as well?

Thanks in advance :)

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

I told u about that in post 49!! a have this one in reply with AI (10 cars)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hate you ? :)
    Hardly even if you compare rF2 to Forza ..........like be fair dinkum. lol

Sounds like you in a dilemma ?

So mate, my advice, enjoy sims, don't waste another moment talking about or lapping something is bad......... life is too short. ;)

I bloody wouldn't, that is for sure. :)

Avoid vexations to the Spirit.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Couple of your links don't open, but you appear to be linking, with the first image at least, to a wing no longer used, and saying we're supposed to look like one no longer used. :)

6. 88mphTim

lol, if someone hates you for stating your opinion, you're not the one at fault in that situation. Opinions are fine, I only ever really get annoyed myself when someone is flat out wrong on basic information. ;)

As I said, we're really hoping to get another source of data. The one we used, we're accurate to. It's unusual for us to just have one source, but we can't base anything off 'it seems like it should be' or 'it looks like it should be from what I've seen on TV'. :) We're still working on the car, as mentioned in the first post. :)

I'll flat out say that I'm not 100% happy. But I am very happy and proud to bring this to rF2 as it is right now.

I don't agree with the comments on lighting, but you're welcome to state them. If the lighting looks odd, can only say to try setting at times the races actually run, etc. It looks very much like I've seen it when I have been there. I think this might be a personal taste issue, if not, there's not much we can do but what we believe is right.

7. Cousin_Ken

Cousin_Ken Registered

These.

A huge leap back to the future. Papyrus pace car driver at pit row exit with DW-12 drive by, "What the hell was that!"

8. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Whoops, sorry. Lets try this again.

These shots are from this race weekend:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/297...AY/2014/05/24//1400963213000-XXX-TONYK-07.JPG

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/830...47685003-USP-IndyCar-Indianapolis-500-003.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/921...43574002-USP-IndyCar-Indianapolis-500-021.jpg

To compare, the rF2 model has a much steeper "drop" in the front wing, more like how the RC wing is:

http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/rfactor2_indy_oval_indycar_hawksworth02.jpg

http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/rfactor2_indy_oval_indycar_bourdais05.jpg

9. 88mphTim

Ah, I see what you mean. Do you know how wing angle would effect that? ie: would that wing be right for a certain setup with the oval config, or never right? If you don't know, I'll ask internally, no problem.

10. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, I did a 07.2 with just 30 laps and not even qualy fuel, so I guess I'm pushing enough. And I still find the car too easy on throttle. It's not like the problem is huge or horrible, but it's a bit overoptimistic.

11. 88mphTim

It's hard to gauge. I can't say anyone is wrong about this, but we can't make changes based on public opinion. We need another data source and then we'd either know if we're right, or be able to see how far off the first source made us. There's also (in all configs) certain things we do not have core support for, that the drivers adjust while driving... Then like you say, we have a normal track, they drove on a very green track, with oils coming out the asphalt, etc, etc. Our track has more grip than they had during 2014, but might have in 2015 when the track is more established and had a summer on it.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I haven't read all 12 pages- so maybe this has been reported.

In the short oval configuration, the RPM on the steering wheel shows up fine until over 9999 RPM then it drops the last digit and 10000 shows up as 1000

13. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

It might be that the turbos haven't started spinning yet.

15. Domi

Domi Registered

Based on my personal opinion as compared to what I see in real life, so same as you :) And also because sim laptimes are a lot faster than real ones.

16. Nils

Nils Registered

player car, settings on max. default setup, road configuration. Just turned the wheel to full lock.

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I too questioned whether grip and ease of handling is correct so I am very glad to read this. One nightmare for me would be ISI starting to please people so they have some quick fun and feel good. Accurate based on real data (the more the better) is the only thing I would accept.

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

LOL, I can picture that

So we came from this:

to this:

Not bad really.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

my own thoughts too, rfactor 2 has a great depth of "feel" and has to be mastered a little, there are aids to help someone after a quick & casual experience, inside sim racings comments about the back stepping out etc (not sure which car they were referring too or if it was a general point) is simply rectified by going easier on the accelerator pedal

I've never found Iracing "icy" either

there's always the ultra grip crowd & there's titles out there for them

I'm not after something that feels as though it's on ice but I doubt I could jump into a real Indy car and throw it around like I did first time with the (ISI) sim version, maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see but a lot of YouTube vids show a lot of steering input corrections & good accelerator traction management in these cars.

I would never expect to have the steering wheel turned and be able to apply full pedal and hear the revs screech to max and the back dosn't slip at all even on a track with some rubber down, I know these cars are light and have more torque at higher speed etc but I'd expect to need more respect for such a powerful performance car.

At least a couple of hours ( if all aids off ) to start to feel the limits of a sim car
    (mainly the speed in which we can turn corners) and then a nice progressional learning process after that is great in a simulator

anyhow which ever way these go I'm still enjoying them & looking forward to update

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

good post & gosh how far we have came hey