Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

I have done that, achieved fast laptimes with a more oversteery setup, but on acceleration out of slow corners it's too planted, like if the engine lacks power on the mid range of rpm, dunno. But I can go full throttle instantly out of evey corner basically.

And this has nothing to do with hardcore simracering or any stupid stuff like that, I also hate fake hard physics, but this car is way way easy on acceleration out of slow corners, considering the power it has, imo.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's great.

Sent using Tapatalk

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

reading up about these & watching YouTube clips, I'm absolutely not trying to say I know much about these cars
    especially as Tim & IsI devs have been researching and learning about them for some time no doubt

a great clip below (very nice how Indy do oval as well as road racing as well, good mix for the fans )
    I like how the cameras rotate too lol

from 1.30 on we can see the driver correcting ( I think to stop the back stepping out ) at lower gears on (I suspect) a high downforce track, I know perhaps on cold tires but watching the video and listening to the accelerator pedal progression
    (when the driver isn't boxed in close to start) there seems to be caution to maintain traction

http://youtu.be/aGayPXe4gRA

again, this is a top release from ISI, I think the Indy with all the configs is going to become my favourite track!
    would love to see the dry grip tweeks slightly ( rf2 traction aids are available for anyone who wants a casual experience )

4. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I agree with you Tim. I am talking about the base set. I have used the other ISI set and it is almost exactly like the one I made last night. More realistic to me. Again, this is just my opinion. :)

5. 88mphTim

This was a bit of a rushed release. Really the setups are the opposite way around to where we would normally release them. Shipped with easier, we tuned a harder one after you had it ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

6. 88mphTim

But as per first post.... Maintenance update planned.

Sent using Tapatalk

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

8. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I think the ARB being detached is the biggest culprit. Just a guess. :D

9. Domi

Domi Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDpSjrdPlxc

Even better if we compare to the same Indy track :p you can see pleeenty of steering corrections while being on throttle.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had to put AI on track to paint a path for me. Without rubber down there is literally no way to learn the track.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

After some turns on the oval with the racey setup and oval config, I'm of the opinion as previously suspected the powertrain and transmission configuration creates this to much grip feeling, although I'm not sure I would say it could be properly.

That would also explain why it has no chance against the AI on the oval. I think apart from downforce / mechanical grip, the gear-ratio is not optimal, but I have not yet verified, it needs testing.

12. 88mphTim

Is it the same track? It had rain, oil from the fresh surface, and barely any grip. :) tried it green in sim? ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

External camera bug
    GRAB_000.JPG

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If that actually happened I'd submit my resumé to ISI and leave my current - nice - job. The pizza bit alone is swaying so much. Michigan can't be worse than Illinois.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

good find Domi

great vid

I could watch these clips all day
    ( better not otherwise it'll be a mega late one on the sim again )
    .....god dam it it's bank holiday -I'm on for an all nighter !

(yes corrections and driver traction management going on ...unless I'm miss reading things that is )

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Try being away all weekend and not being able to load the car and track until Tuesday evening!

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

What ? :) The first start was with the standard track configuration, it was mostly dry weather but also wet and I was amazed at the grip with slicks on wet track.

Then I have the oval configuration loaded with the racey setup, the weather set to sunny 29 ° but still to hard to keep the pace against the AI.

The transmission is geared to long, the 6th gear produces too little torque and 5th output translates to long with the configs i've tryed.

Is why i think, it leaves the impression of to much grip.

18. 88mphTim

Possibly. Hope within a few weeks you'll have setups and all that you can really know to compare properly lol

Sent using Tapatalk

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I do get your drift better now, thanks.
    I "studied" the Indycars for years now (and the Indy 500 with them of course) as I am really interested in them and I know what you mean.
    But I am "afraid" if you make the rear lighter, there is NO room for error as you already can't drive outside the line at full speed properly. In real; they go 3 wide into a corner (and manage) and that is hard enough in the game right now.
    That was where I was coming from, but not what you meant; I get it.

BTW; what you meant in Monaco; there is a bump there, coming out of the tunnel and it's under braking. It's a bit different, but again; I get your drift ;)

20. Nils

Nils Registered

the suspension is cutting the tires - sorry if already posted
    View attachment 12904
    Anyway, best "open wheeler" (kind of) ever. I normally prefer cars with wheel covers and a roof, but this is very very nice. Great job