Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Only fault I found was the cars bouncing in the garage area on entering the server or when the server was advanced to next session at times.
    Apart from that I think this is the Best Mod that ISI have yet produced. Thanks to all for the hard work to get this out in time.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Absolutely, always good to mention these things. :)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Good one Mini... I never knew this either, good to know. :)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Any reason car does not start on Grid.

This morning had to enter exit race 5 times before car starts and always only just before the formation lap.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Great thx guys ! ! ! ! :)

Edit: I really like how the profiles are now presented. Very well done.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  6. Emery

Emery Registered

Accidently slip into gear? I can't think of another reason to stall.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not stalled it is just not started

and it joins grid in neutral so even if it had started I not stalling it.

Starts in garage with ignition - starter fine

Last hope join of grid online then it starts. lol

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Simply the Best! The best car I've ever driven. I love how if you are behind someone and the front end washes out (like it's suppose to!). Tire physics is 10/10, sounds 10/10. Love the track, too. I was there for Moto GP in 2012, and it brought back the memories. It's so life like. I hope the rest of the Indycars (Reynard, Eagle, etc) Are as good!

9. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I think you are right about that, it certainly makes sense. The big difference though is that the F1 and FR3.5 cars have anti-stall, so unless you rip the engine off the back of the car you can get started again. The DW12 doesn't have anti-stall, which could be a problem for some online (maybe, just guessing based on my experience.)

For example, when I stalled the car at the start of the formation lap, I couldn't start the car again...and without a 'tow' option in-game, the only resort is to ESC, which ends your race immediately. Now obviously this is realistic, and I wouldn't want it any other way (and I shouldn't be stalling on a low-speed stand-start anyway lol) but for online races especially with standing starts, it could get very frustrating. Perhaps something will be implemented in the next builds...or maybe I'm just way over-thinking it and it's not a real problem.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Latest news when I open rFactor 2 is still...

"5/20 - New Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec available!" :(

I was going to start relying on this for immediate update notifications rather than always having to check forums all the time (before rFactor 2 I only read the occasional foums when looking for mods or car setup discussions), facebook, twitter, websites, etc. Really hoping this gets more attention.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just spent 6 hours with it mainly the road config & road car pack, highly enjoyable car - track combo & a quality release

Again the track is very very nice

the car ultra ultra ultra stable -is the real world one this easy to handle?

I like to reduce downforce as much as I can get away with, I found it much better than default setup with a lot less front & rear wing angle

It seems as if there is a small amount of traction control and some ABS ( I put the brakes to 100% ) or if there is something helping the traction in some way

I don't think Indy cars have traction control of any type ????

( I don't use any aids except auto clutch )

I know sound will get worked on at some stage (looking forward to the new skid sounds) I did miss the scrape sounds as I skimmed the wall ( to test) so look forward to these updates etc

Anyway a great addition to rf2 I'm sure it's going to get alot of interest, I still need to spend more time with it & totally loving the track

Kept me up untill 4am so That's saying something, sound reverb against those side walls on the oval section & great track visual surface gives a truly phoniminal sense of motion & speed I don't think I've ever previously experienced in a sim

Thanks ISI for the results of hard work
    -this is seriously GREAT content

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  12. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I have one thing to say about the oval. In nearly 30 years of simming with various instances of Indyt, this is the first time I have struggled to make decent times. This makes me think that this one is pretty realistic. It looks fantastic, and is a challenge to drive. Very enjoyable.

13. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Huge thanks ISI! just did 30 laps @ mid-ohio and was fantastic, though AI used the oval setup as was mentioned above.

Track looks amazing, DW-12 looks amazing, sounds awesome and feels great. Tim, great job on the profiles.

I think the fact that these engines are designed to produce their power at top rpm(for high speed oval reasons) makes them easier to drive than a normal formula car which will normally have a much broader spread of torque.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

15. Minibull

Minibull Member

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

17. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks ISI - back to racing now....

18. 88mphTim

For you to test...

Intended for use with Indy. We will be posting an rFM, but in the meantime you could create your own, just making sure to use:
    SafetyCar = C6RPC.veh

We see no reason why it shouldn't work fine (when you configure an rFM, others are out of luck).

If you don't know how to make rFMs, unfortunately can't help at this time until we make one.

http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/corvette-pc/

vette pc.jpg

19. 88mphTim

....and now in the Technique section, you can now find a more 'racey' roadcourse setup, too.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Never had the "front end wash out" before. Had that happen on Mid-Ohio, just before a curve. Got up right behind the car getting ready to pass and off the road I went. Watched he replay several times and had decided the collision box was larger than the car...... aero never even crossed my mind.