Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I have this idea which might be a bit paranoid, and I hope someone can shed some light on: After reading several comments here from people with G25/27 wheels who are very happy with this car, and several with t500 wheels who struggle with a lack of feel at especially low speed corners, I wonder whether maybe ISI has developed the ffb of this car to work better with the logitech wheels, as a big part of the user-base might use these. Does anyone know to what extend a modder can set parameters for the ffb output in order to work better with a certain wheel?

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Ehm, I don't think so. T500 here and new FR3.5 is awesome.

3. datanode

datanode Registered

Yeh I don't think so, In reference to low speed I meant all cars :) it is a general setup issue. I much prefer open wheelers any way :)

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

T500 here, quite happy, thanks. :)

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You got unexpected "candy isue" :D

6. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm wondering the same thing. Presumably there's a specific setup for the track that the AI use, but maybe there's a new development that allows the AI to select setup by "reading" the track?

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

:p

8. O11

O11 Registered

Hi guys. The mod looks te be installed in the modmanager. But it doesn't appear in the car menu in-game.

Can someone help me along? I'm really excited to try this car tonight.

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi, are you using build 660?

10. O11

O11 Registered

Nope, hadn't. Thanks for the tip. I'll always check for that in the future.

You're the enabler of my habit tonight. <3

11. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Have fun :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Can you please be so kind as to provide us with the FFB section from the controller.ini file that you use, as well as the Thrustmaster control panel settings?

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Anyone noticed that these cars roll over ? I've seen some AI vehicle on Silverstone try to fly and the red bull could not help, even if the car already has wings. :)

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I was just surprised because there must be ten different versions of Monza around. Either they can wildcard-parse filenames, they put them in manually, or the game readsbthe AIW?

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

To those who didn't go look for it but still would like to see such video of the FR 3.5 :)
    This is one of the results of a very well-flowing wave of positivity regarding rF2...

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Sounds like I'm moaning, top point : this is a super sim car,
    But just voicing one concern below:

I'm sure there's way to much grip
    Whilst using the high downforce pack

Been watching onboard YouTube vids -I know it's a bit of a guesstimate at best but considering the real world drivers are professionals and assuming they are also using the high downforce packs (on silverstone) they seem to be more cautious then I (& I'm not use to this sim car or a professional driver) when I try the high downforce pack

Throw in a rubbered-in track
    ( rubber seems to go down & build up quickly) & then (with high downforce) it's totally on rails

Using medium downforce though it's ( to me) a total true simulator blast & another piece high quality content from ISI

I just semi fall asleep with the high downforce pack I can't help but think it's dumbed down & not realistic

I might be a tad paranoid that ISI are just trying to please everyone of course etc

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You beat me to it. Good stuff. :)

18. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I can not say that is I is trying to please all
    By dumbing things down. But I will say I would not blame them there are a of guys here that do not want to (let's say fight the car) they want to just get in and go. Weather it is realistic or not.
    I my self look for more feel and want to drive and control the car. I don't care about times or winning I want real as close as I can get and have a lot of fun.
    For me isi has time after time gave me that
    It is not perfect but dam it gets better and better
    As for racing on line I don't know if there is away to only use a certain packedge and keep all on a equal level.
    Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I very much doubt that ISI would alter things to please us. why even bother to get licences and car/team data?
    Plus we can dumb it down ourselves so there's no need to either I think.

I haven't come across anything that you described (yet), even in HDF and depending on track the car can get pretty unstable, usually when on the edge and pushing a bit too hard or in the wrong places.
    I think that's where the 'on ice' comments we sometimes see come from, its pretty easy to unsettle the car at any point and make it hard to control.
    Have not felt on-rails at all tbh.

We where in an FR35 2010 event just when this mod was released, times improved by 5 to 7 seconds when we switched using the same track. which sounds reasonable with the new specs and drs?

I think the fact that real drivers in those vids look more cautious is because they are actually on the very limit of performance and then the slightest mistake end in real tears. the stress is way higher, the cautious behaviour more apparent(?)
    But even with this mod I feel the same, the more I learn, the faster I go, the more it becomes a stressful endeavour because one little mistake......feelsgood.jpg

Do you have laptimes from others to compare yourself with? in rf2 of course.
    Maybe you are not pushing it enough, that can be one of the reasons a driver feels secure and settled in. no offense of course, for all I know you are an alien, just giving my 2 cents :)

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

2014 uses kevlar tire carcass, iirc, which does make it a different car.