Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

What wheel do you use Ronnie?

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just tried the high downforce package ( the default ) as I've only used med downforce package,

the high downforce makes the car seem overly grippy and it loses some of its character making it less fun for me, so Im going to try & get my times up sticking with the medium package

3. datanode

datanode Registered

People are talking about 1;40 so I guess I better start figuring out where all that time goes. Maybe I am riding my brakes too much.

Only had a couple of quick goes but I am about 1;45 and AI are about the same.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

7 year old G25. ;) I need to buy T500 in the near future I guess. :p

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

about the same here -on stock med. down force ( the high downforce pack seems to have way to much downforce and seems to dumb the experience down a lot )
    high 1.45's but theres more in it as I know I'm not use to the track yet ( or car ), that's on abot med rubbered track surface

6. Twista

Twista Registered

I have no idea how people are managing such low times. I'm hovering around the mid 1:45s and I don't feel like I can get any more out of the car. Is there a setup trick I'm missing or something?

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

if you persist youll get faster, me & pals would practice the whole week in iracing and times would shave off every few days, then the next season we'll get faster still

1.40's is mayb e for some one who really knows every part of the track very well

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

I had the feeling to have been faster with the g27, although the t500rs is stronger it is more blunt/dull and has a higher inertia in the lower range. Impairment of the accuracy i guess, and it takes a lot of workout.

9. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I am sure this has been said.
    But smoothness is everything. If you are jerking the wheel in to a turn is over driving beyond the limit you will lose time. Sometimes it is better to go wide and bleed off speed slowly then to brake heavy and jerk the wheel over to save your line.
    As shumi has said take a track 1 turn at a time.
    Practice each turn braking point and speed then move to the next one. The car or the setup will not be perfect on every part of the track by where it works well you make your time there. Where it loses time you make the best of it and try not losing any more time you just want to be consistent there.
    Easier said then done but it can be done.
    Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

May be Tim could start a official ISI server at Silverstone with the FR3.5 we could all meet on, pretty please Tim :D

11. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Yes Tim said he would as soon as he could. They have him very busy at the moment.
    Thinking Indy is coming ;-)
    Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Ah, that's good to know cheers, look forward to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

13. Twista

Twista Registered

Yeah. The thing is, I know Silverstone really, really well. And I'm used to being one of the fastest people in the field. Maybe I'm just not pushing as hard as I can, but going around a corner like Stowe I already feel like I'm on the very edge of grip.

Guess I'll just keep working at it.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

On my second lap on a rubbered in track I did a 45 flat with 30L fuel. I added one click of rear toe to the default HDF setup. 40s are possible I guess but I'd like to see one.

Edit: I usually subtract 3 seconds off my time for fast guys.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

everyone's trying with high downforce pack?

can you also try the med downforce pack ( I think it feels better but not sure how much slower if at all )

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I can see there is a French guy in ISI car team :-D the PSD template has many calques in it instead of layers :-D (Calque is French for layer)

17. datanode

datanode Registered

You were much faster than me in the nissan 370 on f2r the other night. ( I think you were on there )

Been playing with the ffb a bit as in other posts by Paul and drr1pper because I know something doesn't feel right. I am good in high speed and awful in low speed where in real life my high to mid speed is better than my low speed it isn't that bad!

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sorry if I missed it but is there any place to download the helmet template for the helmet used in this car? Will helmets be using an updated model and higher resolution template going forward?

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

That was probably me. :)

Feeling in the slow corners with these cars comes with a bit of practice. The feel is very subtle as low speeds and I think that's why it takes some practice. The cars are light with very stiff springs which naturally means there isn't a lot of mechanical grip so slow speed corners are a bit tricky. The feel is very subtle as low speeds and I think that's why it takes some practice.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm curious... how does the AI actually know where to use low or medium DF package?