Let's talk about what FFB editing is possible in rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Spinelli, May 19, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I do Jamie, believe me and I even have a very special method. I am technician and setups are a joke technically, if you understand what i mean. Of course i don't know the specific vehicels we have and all the options but the standard technics i know very well. ;)

edit: and before someone get's this totally wrong again, i had some great sensations since im optimizing the vehicles i drive, but as said, it is not optimal ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Pretty good tip there. I tend to get all fixated on the ffb alone. Should really try to get more into setups.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Today i had a great sensation while deleting everything related to rf2 and cleaning my HDD. Have fun and good luck all, bye !

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good stuff mate. Not that we need that kind of information at all, but good that you enjoyed it.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Well, now even if you are not interested in this information, you have it now and I don't need luck but a so-called Community neither, which constantly spit in my face. I am perhaps the only professional and idiot officially involved in the community and I'm sure there are many more and better qualified people but stay in the background but I will not just stay in the background, for me it than ends here.

edit: too much negative energy and hate in the air here for me and the lifetime license I see as usage fees for the time I already had fun with rf2. It is indulged by me for the hard work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Please Speed 1, no you're definitely not the only pro around here but you pretend to know it all......which you don't just like no pro does. But stop saying goodbye and then start arguing again putting yourself in the role of the victim.......please get real

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Like Eddy says, get real, please. There is no hate in the air, that's just plain drama.
    There is much confusion in the air however. Which is too bad.

Deleting rF2 after you've paid for lifetime..? Yeah, either you're just trying to make a point, or you're really taking this way to personally.
    Either way, enough is enough. You have made some interesting points in various threads imo, but the constant drama and self victimization is just too much.

No good luck to you then, but farewell and that good stuff.

Now... Back on topic. For real this time.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Eddy

Never said, i'm the only one and the man, but you are a good example of negativ energy, thank's to show off and prove me right again. It makes easyer for me.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Who believes that is blind, you do not really want to tell me here would exist harmony, wait I have to laugh and that is real.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Has speed1 left the building? Honestly, I think his biggest problem is language barrier, I mean, apparently he (or she) didn't understand hexagramme's last post.
    It's a shame really..

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I agree Jimcarrel, his language barrier is his problem. Like Hexa said he has made some good points in various threads....but if people don't understand him or he doesn't understand people he puts himself in the victim role.

But at the end of the day i think it's a loss for the community :(

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Maybe so...

But each time someone tries to reassure him that he's welcome here, and that we do want to understand what he means, he goes mega defensive.
    Either that or he grabs some sentence out of context and turns it into some crazy drama.

Well enough of that. There plenty of confusion around as it is.
    Let's get back to the intricacies of rF2's force feedback... :)

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Agree on that one too Hexagramme ;)

So with G27 i'm still on Paul Lothmans settings and i have to say till today i still am grateful to him sharing his settings because i really love the feel and ffb now. Made me getting into the "zone" more often and shaved of some of my laptimes.....still no alien here tho.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hmm I looked and I can only find his T500 settings..?
    Would love to try it out though.

15. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I used his settings on my DFGT wheel, and as expected there was not much FFB until getting up to speed and turning corners. Even then it was still very light, but absolutely no chance of clipping. What I could feel seemed to be high fidelity. I just need to find a way to increase it, at least a different way from just jacking up the multiplier in the in-game control setup.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

About the G27 (or in my case, a G25): Loatman's controller.ini settings and then in the Logitech Global Device Settings I've set Damper Effect Strength to half the Overall Effects Strength and 0% Spring Effect Strength. Centering Spring is disabled.

Tried setting the strengths equal, like he suggests for the T500RS, but the Logitech motor is too weak to make that work. You could really feel the gears grating!

Up until tonight, I'd just used the default ISI settings, 0% Spring & Damper strengths, Centering Spring disabled. Definitely prefer Loatman's settings as the wheel isn't being jerked around and I'm more confident with initial turn-in. Definitely was the touch I've been looking and Loatman's explanation made sense once I took the time to understand it.

Still using in-game per-car FFB strength settings. That hasn't changed at all because I've not changed Overall Effects Strength in the Logitech Global Device Settings.

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

today i don't have the time, but i will try to make some screens of my Paul Lothmans tweaked a little by Eddy :D settings and post them here

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks mate. I'm willing to give it a go, even though I'm having a hard time adapting to the much "lighter" feeling of some of these more realistic ffb settings.

19. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

which one of paul's are you using,he's posted a few now,tweaked from his 1st I think.....?

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yes from his first