Looking for a league that runs weeknights American time.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Gupster, May 13, 2014.

1. myself9

myself9 Registered

Turns out that Mondays are a bad day for me to race. Figures.

2. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Is there any interest in the 12 AM Eastern time during the weekdays? I get home from work around 11:30 PM or so, and by then there is quite literally no one online. I think I've seen 1 or 2 private servers with 1 or 2 people on each at most, but that is it. I know it is extremely late for most in the US, and extremely early for those in Europe, and who knows what Australia is up to at that time.

It's frustrating seeing you guys struggling to get people at 6 or 7 PM, so I know I'll never have a chance at midnight. Still, I figure I should bring it up just in case there might be someone out there in the same predicament. I'm up for literally any kind of racing, on any tracks...beggars can't be choosers you know. I just want to race a little bit sometimes.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Hmmm, v8 sc would be for you, a lot of Aussie leagues run in the wee hours east coast time.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I went on the FISI server last night and within 15 minutes there were 4 of us. It's just frustrating having to deal with the parc ferme during qualify, the short qualify session and the even shorter practice session. It would be nice just to have a 45 minute qual. session without parc ferme. Nobody was interested in racing but it was a nice change practising with other cars on track. I asked the guys in the server to complain on the forums, lol, but it looks like they haven't. :p

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Sorry @Guy, didn't get...what is the name of this thread? ...and what was post #1 asking to?

@Scott, I'm not that fast, lol, just a lucky guy that finishes races....
    @Emery, cool!
    @Jamie: come join us at CMS, man...I saw you signed in...what happened? I'm sure you'll like it very much!

...and looks like VOR will really run a rF2 series on Monday nights, stay tuned...

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'll find out when the next race is Luiz, I broke my toe and couldn't do much racing for a week, foot was pretty damn sore, I'm all good now though. :D

7. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

oh my..hope not too serious my friend...how was it? ...hope you're get well soon!:)

8. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

@Gupster, have you tried Race2Play? Many rF2 races...up to 15 drivers each...think there's some friendly times there for you...take a look:

http://www.race2play.com/sim/show/19

Can join for free...

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Is this server going to be up tonight? 8 pm to around 2 or 3 am pacific time works perfect for me.

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...you mean, at race2play @Spinelli?
    Well, you have to sign in as a free member, then pick a race and hit JOIN to be on the drivers list.
    However, r2p servers are NOT 24/7...they only put the server up for the race that you've joined 24 hours before the race...
    ...so you have to practice by yourself...I don't like that, btw...but they have USA and EUROPE user friendly time races...

I'm a league guy...I prefer to race in CMS and VOR...:)

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks for the info Luiz :) but I was talking about the server that this thread was about.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Monday night there was no F3 Fanatics server, so I hopped on the Indy 50 server. That's where everyone was at anyway. That was fun!

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

When/if rF2 ever has the ability to quickly set up your own online session/room like all ISI based games before it (and many other video games), rather than the current "quick host" system (which is not like quick hosting at all), then rest assured guys I'll have a room open all the time for North American evening & late night drivers.

Hope ISI is working on it.

With 5 Mbps upload, I can probably smoothly handle at least 6 or 7 drivers plus myself, no?

14. bull3t

bull3t Registered

If anyone is interested I am racing @ www.premiersimracing.com and www.f1elites.com

PSR races on wednesday night and we are currently going to start an indycar series. We run mini series so depending on how well it goes it could become a longer series. www.f1elites.com is doing a friday night series with VHR 2014 and then we race F1 when F1 runs irl.

Feel free to join us if you want. The more the better.

15. davidan

davidan Registered

Champion Motorsports is about to convert our Thursday Night Lemans Series which has been running Enduracers on rFactor 1 for about 5-6 years to rFactor 2 using the URD Mod with GT's to start, and Prototypes when released. We regularly get fields in the range of 25-35 drivers per race, and have been around since 1999, and have a great group. We welcome all skill levels and our new series will be great. -- We are located at http://cmsracing.com -- DA

16. ignition22

ignition22 Registered

Did anything much come of talk about a regular north america weekday catchup/race? I would be interested in a regular weekday casual race, have a mate who would be there most of the time too. On the coast, work from home so would be there consistently. I have a win server here I could setup an rfactor2 server on though being a residential connection (albeit a quick one) I'm not sure how well that would go.

Ill check out some of the other links/info here too.

17. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Check out CMS guys. Plenty of racing there with rFactor 2.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

THAT is the league the OP is looking for! Great bunch of guys, great races, full grids. I'm joining up

19. ignition22

ignition22 Registered

Sounds good, think ill go for the more casual off week thursday races.. being a newbie the thought of making it around a lap for rolling start in itself would be a hell of a challenge

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I just registered there now, it is a little late for me to race but I can try and see how it goes