Looking for a league that runs weeknights American time.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Gupster, May 13, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I like Gupster's idea. ISI Official Historics on whichever track they are running when we hop on? Anyone up for that?

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

3. myself9

myself9 Registered

That would be great. The less complicated the better ;)

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

perfect

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

hey guys thanks for showing up. As in only Gupster and I showed up- so thanks for nothing

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

for some reason I thought it was at 9 central.

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sorry guys I was deep in testing and totally forgot. Damnit. :(

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

We went to Brian's server and had a good race at Monaco so not a total disaster. Next Monday we try harder hehe!

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah, let's go with the F3 Fanatics server next Monday too. It always has people in it and it's the best pubby server rF2 has!

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Too bad about NAGP. I just dont understand how anyone could dismiss rF2, regardless of what else is available. The driving is just so good in rF2. AC is good too, but I would never be able to just drop rF2 for another sim; the rF2 driving dynamics are just too good.

Isn't there a way NAGP can support rF2 alongside AC? I mean they're truly missing out by only choosing 1.

By the way, I'll try to consistently participate in the weeknight sessions, I'm in North America. West.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I think the problem isn't in rF2 or the driving. I think it's in the lack of participation and empty servers. Something has to change- soon.

12. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

CMS is running a Intro to rF2 series on FRIDAY nights, 11 PM CST.Detalis here: http://cmsracing.com/champion/forum.../rf2-ddp-friday-night-owls-master-post-23838/

Rookies and aliens together on track to have better understanding on the sim and the cars. Currently running Honda NGTC.
    It's a GREAT league, great drivers and great camaradee.
    As I said earlier, there's a saturday afternoon URD series running too, but you mean weekdays, so not sure if that will suit you. Plan is to have ALL series migrating to rF2 very soon.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I wish CMS still did that Tuesday night series. We had 20+ on the grid for all the races except Monaco (to be expected though) I'm not sure why they stopped such a successful series and switched to F1- that killed it. Going from 1967 F3 cars to modern F1 was not a very smart move and the shrunken grids proved the point. I think if they went back to popular cars they'd have that nice big grid again.

14. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I'm pretty sure CMS will be moving to RF2 on a week night soon using the URD mod. Like Luiz said, we are racing RF2 URD on Saturdays right now mainly for testing. I'm hoping it won't be long till they move it to a week night for the NA division. This is only my opinion though. I'm not sure what they will end up doing with RF2. I'm also thinking they will move to RF2 for the World Division in time. They race on Sundays though.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

West coast here... I'll try to drop in when I can, but I don't join leagues because I can't consistently attend.

Will be outside the range of Internet this Monday.

16. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

@Emery, no need to attend it consistently...I for myself have to skip a race sometimes due to real life business.
    But I always have a NICE place to race in, and even not doing some races I can practice a lot online on week nights with a pack of real good fellas...and CMS always put some nice standalone rF2 events...anyway, we're not in for the money, lol!
    :rolleyes:

17. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Emery, you should join CMS. Even if you don't race, they have servers running 24/7. You can almost always find drivers on them. One thing though, if you do join you have to use your real name. CMS doesn't allow nicknames.

And look out for Luiz, he's a fast one!

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This is not for a league type racing thing. This is just for a regular night so we can find a full(ish) server on some night for fun. The OP is looking for a league, but looks like this is as close as we will get

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Scott - I've met you & Luiz a time or two online and enjoyed the experiences. For the record, Emery is not a nickname.

20. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Oh right, I remember now. I guess I should have said to use first and last name at CMS.