Looking for a league that runs weeknights American time.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Gupster, May 13, 2014.

1. Gupster

Gupster Registered

After 7 years of great racing with NAGP it has become apparent there is no interest in rFactor 2 there.
    I want to run in a rf2 league and do not intend on getting steam/ac.
    Please respond here or pm me with info if you know of a league that races at 2400 gmt or near there.
    Thanks!

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd be interested in US-time for any day of the week

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

fwiw if its not picking up now, I would do the same request/search after the Indy car has been released. I would not be surprised if the US part of rf2 gets a boost through that, happened with rf1 as well if I recall correctly.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Nagp is one of the best sim racing sites in the US. It worries me that so many sites are moving away from rf2. Are they moving from Gtr2 to some other sim or are they sticking with it for another 10 years?

5. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I have been running fun races trying to get some interest in rf2 and only ever had 3-4 racers show up. I know alot of them have rf2 but they seem to love ac and I don't intend to get ac.
    NAGP will likely go to ac from the reaction I'm seeing on the web site. Sad.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Sad indeed. Same thing over at R2P. AC is busting at the seams and rF2 is pretty much dead over there. I know you said you're looking to race during the week but there is a team at simhq motorsports that has an opening for a gt4 driver. They do endurance races with the sces mod. I'm looking to run my first race there in a week and a half I believe. You should check it out if you can.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I don't think AC will last over there. It's the newest toy. It's less challenging than rf2 since it is without the flat spotting, realroad and everything else & a lot of people are moving over right now to try it. The tire model is a lot closer to older sims like Gtr2 so it's familiar to a site like nagp, so who knows. Still sucks.

I tried to start a Monday night series a couple times but i couldn't get people to show and it didn't last. Good luck.

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

I'm in North America, and I'd love to get in on some once a week midweek racing.
    That's, like, THREE of us!

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

10. Jamie Shorting

Lets pick a night of the week and meet up on a ISI server.

11. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

yeah I would be good for this, Im on the east coast pick a time and I should be there. Im usually on after 8pm practicing on the BES servers (by myself :D)

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I can make a Monday night but that's about it. If you decide to put this together, I can provide the server.

13. myself9

myself9 Registered

I'm good for any night after 6pm Mountain Time

14. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

usf1racing.com

does F1 on Monday Nights, but GT is on sunday nights...i see u said weeknights only..... rf2 is all that we use....all 40 active members drive in at least 1 of the leagues we have going atm. So good high teens low 20s driver count each race.

one thing, we do force real names.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Just e-mailed questions, the F1 is too long for me but the GT could be quite interesting!

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

With F1, I either race that mod and dedicate myself to it and I get OK, or I am a total wreck. I am just not good enough for those cars.

17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

1. virtualonlineracers.net
    They're going back to business after a few changes.
    Right now there's a BES for rF1 running on but they're starting to build Season 9 on rF2, probably to start next July or so.
    Races every other Monday night. Usually 25 - 30 drivers.
    Mod is still under discussion but will be GT based I guess (and protos, once released...).

2. cmsracing.com
    Doing URD mod every other Saturday, but from July on it seems rF2 will be widely used in the league, so there'll be race on weeknights for rF2.

Both leagues very well administrated, nice people, great racers and true fellowship.:)

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

wrracing.net does some casual racing at about 7-8pm GMT

19. Jamie Shorting

Almost had something going there, oh well. :p

20. Gupster

Gupster Registered

We should get together on an ISI server on Monday nights at 9pm eastern. Server suggestions posted here. I'm not picky :)