[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

What is meant by using the replay feature in "monitor mode"?

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

The replay feature is not for drivers but for Tv broadcaster. So they enter the game as spectator and use the fullscreen monitor of rF2 and not the realtime mode.

Of course, to test it you can enter as driver. And go to the monitor instead of clicking the race button.

3. DA

DA Registered

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I started a World Series by Renault on my side, will be published in public when finished.
    [​IMG]

5. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry Gerald I am just now getting a chance to check out your plugin. So far I am very impressed. It has TONS of potential. I see a few things that cause problems for our league though. We have a modified BES mod where we have all the cars in their own classes so that car setups assign properly but then make use of Display Class Override in the Upgrades.ini to group them all back into a single GT3 class. So the mVehicleClass shows as GT3 in the plugin API for all of our cars. So we really can't take advantage of logos or Class Name in your plugin. Would it be possible for your plugin to have a lookup file for mVehicleName? Then we could grab the car number, logo, class name, ect from that lookup file.

Also, the remote app crashes randomly. I suspect this is a threading/timing issue you're probably already pulling your hair out over. :) It also looks like there is some sort of thread blocking going on from the incoming UDP data that is causing the UI to slow down.

I really wish ISI would take ALL of the info from the .veh files and make it visible in the plugin API. The we wouldn't have to play games to get the car manufacture, car number, ect ect.

8. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Ricardo F. Edelmann Registered

Hello There!

First I wanted to say thank you for this nice Plugin! Really good work.

I installed it and it worked right away without many problems.

But still i have some minor issues i can't solve by myself. for example the console sometimes just stopps working with an value error. but isn't my main problem. we are running several races with diffrent cars. for example tomorrow: URD EGT @ Indy. now here comes my problem. on every widget it just shows unknown as class. i tried to add the class "EGT" to it with all cars of the URD EGT Mod but it didn't work. i also don't know which classname is exactly used. because the classname of the .veh of each car doesn't seem to be the right one... Is there anyone who could help me?

Cheers
    Ricardo

9. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Hey there,

First thanks for this great plugin! works great so far ;)

But i have a problem with it. we are driving with the URD, the BES and other mods and i wanted to insert these cars into the vehiculeClass.ini

so my main problem is: i don't know how exactly i have to put these cars in there. which information i have to take from the gamefiles to make it work.. I always get the UKWN class... doesn't atter which information i take..

Anyone any ideas?:D i'd really like to use this plugin

Cheers
    Ricardo

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's the Filter name when you choose the cars for the race.

11. Ricardo F. Edelmann

so for example like this?

[Darche_EGT]
    category.text.color.id=2
    category.image.color.id=4
    category.name=EGT
    classname=Darche

12. Gerald Jacobson

Hi, Noel.
    Ok i will allow to have a lookup file based on mVehiculeName -> I must think about the interaction/priority about this new file compare to the driverMapping, classMapping files. May be it wasn't a good idea to create the driverMapping and a classMapping file as maybe a single vehicleName mapping file could cover all needs... If you have an advice on that, i'm in. May be simply add a new vehicleName mapping file that provide a classname to override the mClassName and then will be used to find the section in the vehicleClass.ini mapping file.

For the Remote Console crash, i did not observe that, but i did not test it very deeply for now. I will double check that, thanks

Yes Ricardo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  13. Ricardo F. Edelmann

i just copied this out of the vehiculeclass.ini file... that doesn't work... so there seems to be a problem with that...

14. Gerald Jacobson

In the defaultUI did you see "Darche_EGT" in the class name area ? When not override, it is this displayed data that is used as ini section.
    [​IMG]

15. Ricardo F. Edelmann

in the default class name area is just EGT... problem every car of the URD mod is shown as EGT... so what can i do?

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

URD uses DisplayClassOverride now too. So right now you are in the same boat I am. We will have to wait until Gerald gets some time to add a lookup file for the veh desc.

17. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Okay thank you for your answer... yeah so it looks like we're pinned down on this one...

18. Gerald Jacobson

Here the v1.0.24
    A new vehicleName mapping file can be use to define the key to seach in the vehicleClass file (based on the mVehicleName provided by rF2 api)
    GRTvPlugin.ini file
    Code:
    [Mapping]
    driver.ini=default-CustoDriverClass/drivers.ini
    vehicleClass.ini=default-CustoDriverClass/vehiculeClass.ini
    [B]vehicleName.ini=default-CustoDriverClass/vehiculeName.ini[/B]

exemple of the new vehicleName mapping file
    Code:
    // put here one section per mVehicleName provided by the rF2 API (usefull if several car are grouped in the same mVehicleClass like mod using DisplayClassOverride (i.e. URD, BES mod)
    // the vehicle name is something provided by rf2that is the concatenation of several data and finish by #<car number>
    // in each section you can define a "vehicleClass.section" key that will be used in the vehicleClass mapping file
    // additionally you can define a number, using the "vehicle.number" key, for this vehicle name. But drivers.ini mapping file is still prioritary to override the number
    [Camaro #18]
    vehicleClass.section=Camaro GT3 2012

[Camaro #40]
    vehicleClass.section=Camaro GT3 2012
    vehicle.number=66

Hope this will cover your needs.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Wow! Fast work, thanks a lot!

20. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Thank you for your fast work! i'm still struggling a bit:D i edited the vehiculename.ini/vehiculeclass.ini but the plugin still shows the setting from before the changes. will try it again tomorrow.

Cheers
    Rico