[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Download the last GR TV Plugin version

Hello,
    I am glad to share the Plugin TV for rF2 I have been working on. The complete tool has been designed
    to provide support to race broadcasting and ingame drivers. This support consists of a set of customizable information
    overlay widgets and a camera/replay selection manager that can be remotely controlled by
    GRTVPluginConsole.exe.

All widgets are autonomous, except the WeatherFull widget (Radar) that need a running Remove Console, as it is the console that collect/build the image and send it to the plugin via UDP.
    Any existing UI stay compatible with newer realease of the plugin. So you have all your time to add new widgets, and you don't need to rework your UI at each plugin delivery.

REMINDER: No plugin is running when you replay a VCR file. This this plugin cannot be use to broadcast recorded race.

Installation
    1. Copy GRTvPlugin.dll (32bits) or GRTvPlugin_x64.dll (64bits) into /plugin folder of the rF2 folder where you want to install the plugin.
    2. Copy GRTvPlugin folder into /userdata/player folder. This folder contains the GRTvPlugin.ini file.
    3. Copy RemoteConsole.C# folder wherever you want. Although unnecessary, I would still recommend
    to put it into rF2 root or otherwise some people will forget where they had put it.

Configuration
    It is not recommended to change default port numbers unless you know what you are doing.
    These values are defined in GRTvPlugin.ini file contained in GRTvPlugin.

Standard port values are:
    • remote console listen on localhost:668
    • plugin listen on localhost:669

TV plugin Customisation
    The tool is delivered with two UI:
    - Classic (Demo of all widgets) Default UI
    - Gt-Series (based on Blancpain)

Edit "GRTvPlugin.ini" to specify which UI ini to use (to use the gt-series, uncomment its line and
    comment the other one)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Widget list:
    • Driver Information
    • Driver Timing
    • Scrolling Banner (Realtime ranking) - ([C] to cycle categories)
    • Weather Panel
    • Session Information
    • UI Information (UI logo + version)
    • Overtake
    • Compare 3 Driver
    • Tower ([F] to cycle tower modes - [C] to cycle categories)
    • Speed Trap
    • Replay
    • Weather Full (Radar/Satellite image)
    • Cutting Line Gap - ([C] to cycle categories)
    • Fastest Lap
    • Winner
    Each widget UI is fully customizable (images, font, colors, positionning, etc...)
    Profiles allow you to hide some widget and move some other widgets (an UI can have several layouts)
    You can access the whole documentation and follow the evolution of the work by reading the
    "continuously updated" WIKI.

Camera Control
    Use the num pad to look the driver at the given place - (shortcut fully customizable)

Remote console
    [​IMG]
    - Drivers rank and status
    - Noticiable events and capability to replay them (3 min in past max - due to rF2 replay record duration
    limit - Don't forget to configure your rF2 game)
    - Widget managment (hide/show, cycle around modes, ...)

Note: If you use it,like it and want/can, you can Donate to support.
    Thank you

PS: Thanks to SPASKIS to have reworded this first post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    oikworld, DA, harruman and 2 others like this.
  2. RJames

RJames Registered

Awesome, something that's really needed for rF2.

If we can be of help in anyway just shout :)

Rob

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Waiting long time for such a plug in.

Looks promising :)

4. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Finally! Great to see it happen :)

5. Gerald Jacobson

I will not spend time to make beautifull UIs, i will just provide an exemple with full data.

So every one will be welcome to provide custom UIs to the community.

6. RJames

RJames Registered

Ok great, i'll keep an eye on your wiki and when I can have a play with some mockup UI's to each widget your list there.

7. Gerald Jacobson

8. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Another fantastic project Gerald
    Thx

Babs;)

9. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Can't wait to play around with it for a WEC plugin :)

10. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Will track map and animation pedals, Kers, ...

11. Gerald Jacobson

I will be open to add community suggestions, but i will not recreate a widget without good reasons, if another existing plugin provide the feature.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Do you have any plans to make a stand alone app that remote controls the broadcast? For example, some basic live timing where you simply click on a driver in the timing and it switches to that person in the game. Also, buttons for changing camera views and some buttons for bookmarking events which you can click on later to replay that event. Also, some buttons for toggling some of the overlays on and off.

I already have a plugin/app that does all this but my overlays aren't rendered in the game but rendered in my own app and you have to use OBS to capture them as another layer which I really don't like. It would be nice if my plugin did the overlays within the game and my app was simply a remote.

My end goal is to have a server dedicated to doing broadcasts and then commentators can have a standalone app that shows the timing and has a bunch of buttons for remote controlling the broadcast server.

We really need a way to directly join a server via command line before this can be fully automated.

Your overlays are looking really good so far!

13. Gerald Jacobson

I will be very happy to work with you and integrate remote control, so our products will work together (no need to do the job twice)

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not sure if this is related to what you're doing here Gerald (not downloaded), but could there be an addition (or seperate plug in) of a Directors TV Mode, where you click a Button and the Camera automatically follows the action no matter where on the track? i.e. it switches to a camera watching an overtake then back to the front cars then switches to an Incident/Crash somewhere else. Much like what was in the Grand Prix/Geoff Crammond series years ago.

15. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

I love that I idea and I enjoyed that in GP3/4 but I think that will be hard to do. IF not +1 :)

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is totally possible. Everything that you need to accomplish this is supplied via the plugin API. But it is not the easiest thing to code. There are lots of scenarios to account for. Detecting position changes, off tracks (using mTrackEdge and mLateralPath), pit stops, and incidents (with other cars, wall, cones, ect) isn't that hard. Determining which one to focus on is the tricky part. If you gave it free reign it would be seeking to a new car every few seconds. This is why I went with a bookmark system for my tool. The commentator can see a list of all these events and replay one if they want. It also lets the commentator move the autobookmark list to a custom bookmark list where they assign titles to the bookmarks. So the commentators can do a recap of the race later on in the race.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That sounds awesome Noel what you're doing for Broadcasting, my suggestion is simply if you want to sit back and watch an AI race and/or Spectate a race Online that does'nt have a Broadcast...therefore it essentially becomes a Broadcast without anyone having to do anything. As you say it can be done that's great and I hope someone does do, anyway back to Geralds thread!

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does this mean rF2 could give an always updating list of action and the director could switch to some specific from that list?

19. Gerald Jacobson

Here some news

* Add a shortcut to cycle around categories (All/Cat 1/ …/ Cat N)
    --> in Scrolling Banner, the displayed car are filtered regarding the category filter

* Add the self best and category best lap time in the DriverTiming widget

* Allows the creation of "Display Profiles" : a display profile allows you to hide some widget and move some other widgets (an UI can have several layout)

20. Gerald Jacobson

Add an "Overtake" widget
    [​IMG]

I will post soon the UI that will be ship into the first release of the plugin (it is not the one you see in the wiki). This UI is made by Mad_King (great thanks to him).
    The first public release start to be in line of sight.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014