Tyre Growth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minibull, May 10, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'm not sure if the tire model is developed continuously but I am almost certain the cars and their balance do it gradually and some tire types feel better than others, probably dependent on data and modelling of the surface/patch.

If I may take the developers in word, it works but could be better and I'm curious when the ingenious developer himself is convinced by his work what comes out, since it is already very impressive.

About the children represented everywhere and their conceptions of these products, I have no thoughts.

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Dynamic environment is nothing to him... If he is 1 second faster than you in iRacing, I'm sure he will be 1 second faster than you in every situation in rF2. I saw it in my league... Faster drivers still being faster than the rest, just one exception of one of the fastest drivers who did not adapt to tire wear, but he has not raced in rf2 enough yet.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. Domi

Domi Registered

You are totally wrong. A static sim means that less skilled drivers can close the gap to the ones in front more easily by just spending more time testing, but when things get more complex (tires, track etc) those ones who were really the fastest, are even faster than the rest. FSR is a good example, the competition is very close to iRacing DWC, and Morgan Morand and Bono Huis are still the fastest drivers with rF2 (not only they are the fastests in terms of speed, they can also manage the tires better than the rest), but the gaps with the rest are even bigger than when we were using rF1.

More variables = more chances for the real skilled drivers to increase the gap.

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

That's how capitalism works. Draw the masses, get rich. It's better to pursue wisdom than "happiness", because wisdom is so much more than that.

5. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

If you really believe iceRacing is easy you didn't drive it at all. In fact I find rF2 more easier because it feels more natural, but acording to you if its easier its a simarcade...

6. Domi

Domi Registered

Makes me wonder if they really tried anything besides the Pontiac Slowstice at LRP. Jesuschrist.

7. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

+1 really agree with this... Some comments saying iRacing is easier are just weird.

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I never tried iRacing, so I won't judge the physics at all.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Tried it one month... raced the HPD on Laguna... Didn't find it difficult... Made fine sense :) It's not difficult.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I played iracing all of 15 minutes in my own home (but had tried it, unknowingly at the time, at the gadget show a few years ago on a motion rig and also for a few hours on Adrian's motion rig last christmas but i won't count these experiences as the main focus of my attention and memory of them were from the motion rigs).

I downloaded the mx5 and lime-rock park and took it for a spin. In all honesty, 15 minutes on a single game and on only a single track and car is not even close to being enough to make a fair judgement of a game/sim. But it felt so alien to me in ffb feel and handling compared to what i was used to in rf2 that i just quit out and deleted the game off my pc. I know that it's not fair to judge an entire sim on a single car and track alone as they could be different (i.e. one with more updated model that feels more realistic) but the experience felt so horrible for me that i didn't care to stay a second longer (which i must admit is not wholly fair of me to then judge the game/sim). Those 15 minutes were very difficult to keep the car on the track for me, i span many, many times (which must have added to my reason for quitting on it so early). My experience on the motion platforms at the gadget show and Adrians were much better and i stayed on the track a heck of a lot easier, but i was driving different cars then, F1 and some LMP car....so not sure).

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've never found iracing to slippy, the grip levels seem totally fine, its important to find the limits of the sim car then drive as close as possible to them

its titles that have to much grip ( imo ) that I dont like

rfactor 1 & 2 have natural feeling grip levels to me too

iracing does things differently to ISI, both are high quality imo

it can take a little while to "retune" the mind when switching between the two sims

my overall preference ( grip / physics / ffb ) is the ISI method though overall

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya drripper

making some adjustments on the motion at the mo, plus have made some super profiles (how the motion reacts)
    so it's sooooo much better now than when you visited, nip in again when your local to me again !

13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I'll come too, as soon as I am done swimming across the channel. ;)

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Lol Racefreak and will do Adrian! Thanks for offering! :D

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't agree...

I remember in a league practice race of mine in F1 Challenge 99-02 (I think we were running the RH F1 mod, I always liked RH physics better than CTDP, a shame they didn't move on to rFactor 1) around at least 8 years ago, probably more, and I was pretty slow. Around 1.5 or so seconds slower than the very top guy. In a league practice race at Suzuka it started raining and I was really reeling him in I was lapping at least 0.5s fastet than him. The track surface was not super wet from a huge downpour but rather a slightly wet state.

I remember how I was carrying so much more entry speed in the corners of Suzuka's first sector, the "snake" section. I was surprised as this guy was generally the fastest guy in the league, but in the changing and uncommon conditions we were facing he just seemed to lack either the confidence, the feel of the limits/changing limits, or maybe it was partly setup, or who knows.

No different to real life. We see different relative performances of drivers depending on condition types, and how variable those condition types are during the race.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've never tried iRacing at all. But I guarantee that any race that starts dry, has heavy rain and dries again is more difficult than anything iRacing has. I can also guarantee that if you set the rain to 10-20-30-40% etc and do a GT race in rF2, it'll be more difficult than any GT race in iRacing. iRacing doesn't have the features to stack up and be considered a true sim anymore. Even in the dry, passing in rF2 is more difficult when the race is underway- rF2 has realroad and marbles, iRacing doesn't. So when you go off the line to pass in rF2, it is a hell of a lot harder. The bar has been raised.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes I really notice the "static" aspect of other sims now, rf2 is leading the way ( by a long way ) in this department
    even though a lot is not finalised yet

18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The difficulty and the grip aren´t a good indicators whether the game is a simulation or not. I can drive a few seconds faster in with the T5 Mod than with DTM Experience and it is much easier driving the same lap time the T5 Mod in Rf2 than in DTM E. SO DTM E is the better sim? The thought is so old and so wrong. Ask real drivers if it very difficult to drive fast with their gt cars, i could tell they will say no.
    It is only difficult to reach the absolut limit and when you say driving AC is to easy than try to reach the lap times, of guys who are a few seconds faster than you, but i know how it ends. You will spin and crash. AC has one big advantage compared to rf2, you get more tire feeling in the ffb. I can feel the rubber juddering over the surface and i get a strongly defined threshold.
    In RF2 the bumps are harder, i get a higher feeling of the suspension work, but the tire work is a mystery for me. Ok i can feel the range under the limit and the lack of grip because the center force of my csw gets totaly lost. But the range between these conditions shows the lack of fine tire feeling which is not present and that makes it more difficult to drive, the car behaviour is a bigger riddle, because of the different feedback compared to AC. I know the ffb of rf2 make a lot of fun, it is rough, it tells you everthing about the shape of the surface, but that is not all of the important things.
    Give RF2 the AC FFB and you will see, that it is more easy to drive RF2 compared to know. In RF2 i get the feeling of steering a steel wheel over a glas surface and i am not the only one.
    The hard bumps in the wheel are impressive but i wish more tire feeling and not the icy feeling when the center force gets totally lost, while the car understeers, ok the new line min force in the plr file coud correct it a bit, but than the wheels begins to jolt.
    All i can say to you is, when the car is to easy to handle, you are not fast enough, pedal to metall and you will reach your limit in ac and you still will see, other guys are faster than you.
    An easy controllable threshold is a quesion of a hyper-accurate feedback and i miss something in it in rf2, but undepending of it, i love rf2.
    Forget the story that it is only i sim, when it it very difficult to keep the car on track. Modern race cars are build to make it easy for the driver to be fast.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  19. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Again... It's not about easy or hard no go fast, it's just about reactions of the car to concrete inputs.

I will not discuss this anymore, I will not change your mind, you will no change mine.

I'm still thinking rF2 is the best simulator with best overall car handling, and physics, because y can feel I'm working to find the grip, balancing the car, and being punished when I miss the correct car balance.

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

the car reactions are the same, only the limits are a bit different, based on other parameters. Push the gas pedal to hard and you will spin, make a hard throttle lift in a fast driven corner with low aero and will will spin, even in raceroom. drive the Mp4 Road car in AC, a simple throttle lift in the corner at high speed ends in a very difficulty controllable turn in oversteer.
    compare the anti lock brakes. in rf2 it is like using only 70% or less brake power a simply no locking of the wheels. In AC you can feel how the single wheels shortly lock and rotate again, how the car and the weight transfer is displacing from side to side. that is a big advantage to make it more feel like a real car and that is the best system of all sims on the market.
    RF2 is a great sim, but its not perfect or better than other in all points.