GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Pelukas

Pelukas Registered

gracias noel ,simplemente gracias y feliz verano con la familia, y gracias por crear una herramienta asi ,, sin ella no podriamos hacer VMOD y que el publico se descarge de mi servidor .
    buen verano Noel!!!.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Just to check... I can host a component even if I didn't build it in the first place?

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes. The magic is in the vmod.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

no matter what the url says in the component?

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The URL is stored in the MFT file which is embedded in the rfcmp. When you install the rfcmp it extracts this MFT file to your Installed folder. My tool simply modifies the URL within the MFT file in your Installed folder. So the original rfcmp file is not touched. Now when you build a vmod it picks up the URL from the modified MFT file and then embeds it in the vmod. So you don't have to modify the original rfcmp or repackage it or anything like that.

One other thing to note is that your download link points to the original rfcmp file so although your local installed copy has been modified, clients connecting to your server will be downloading the original unmodified copy. So you will no be distributing modified content. The only thing getting modified is the MFT file stored in your Installed folder which gets picked up and placed in your vmod.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Just a note from a happy customer.

The URL in the MFT is your account URL from Noel's website. It's alway's the same.

So if you accidently screw up a link... you can fix, change, add a new link in Noel's website or in the tool without creating a new Vmod or taking down the server.
    Just remove the old and register a new link and done. :)

That's magic!!! ;)

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Good Morning Noel:

I have a couple of dedicated servers trying to use your software..They keep getting the following error.

It is a unhandled error and the pop up is a Net Framework error

OS is Server 2008 r2 x64 all updates are current...and all net framework is current.

Hope you can take a look at the below..and send me some guidance

Thanks

Dave

NRT

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.IsRegistered(String sig, List`1 cmps)
    at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.refreshComponents(String filter)
    at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.cbWorkingPath_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GetModMgr
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.19
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.19
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/rFactor2/Bin32/GetModMgr.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Web
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34249 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Web.Extensions
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34249
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What is the account name being used in this test?

9. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Noel:

Please check your private mail on the forum

Thanks

Dave

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think they mistyped their password and I had a bug where the tool would crash if you mistype your password. I fixed this bug and updated the version to 1.0.0.20. Have them download the tool and try again.

11. rer8

rer8 Registered

Noel & Dave (NRT). Fantastic work! Thank you both for sharing your time and talent.

12. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Hi Noel, thanks again for this tool. I just had to replace the links for all our Get-Mod hosted content and it was done in no time. Being able to doubleclick stuff in particular was a huge timesaver. Kudos for such a well designed user interface!
    Only one thing I stumbled across that I couldn't find an answer for: is there a way to permanently remove old content from the list (other than using the 'installed only' checkbox)?

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Right now no but I want to add this because I just went through and deleted a whole bunch of old content and it was a pain in the butt.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, like I said, yesterday I went in and deleted a bunch of old VEC content (because several leagues are using our content and the least I can do is remove links to old content so at least they aren't eating away at my Dropbox account) and it was a pain in the butt with the current system. It took way too many steps to do this. So I added a new "Unregister" button which will let you unregister all links associated with a component with one click. So now you just select the components you want to unregister and then click the button. You can also uncheck the "Installed only" checkbox to see "all" the components that you have ever registered with your account and then register those if you want. We had hundreds of orphaned components registered.

Edit: BTW, thanks DocJones for the feedback!

15. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Sweet! Also, that's Gerald-Jacobson-like development speed! ;)
    Thanks, Noel!

16. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Did everything as the tutorial says but when I try to join the server, it says MOD download failed. Should I upload the Vmod in somewhere? How do I solve it?

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You need to place the vmod in the default packages folder and then restart the server.

18. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

Hi Noel,

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with the GetMod Manager at the moment, following the release of the latest rF2 build. I'm not sure if the issue is simply coincidental, due to the new build, or as a result of another issue. Upon opening the application I'm asked to select a DataPath, however once it has loaded there is no working directory. The same happens if I try to browse for and select a DataPath once the application has loaded. Any ideas what the issue may be? To give you an idea of what I'm doing, the DataPath I'm trying to add is: D:\Games\rFactor2\Server1

Many thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Daiman

Ps. It also does not work if the GetMod Manager application is placed in the Bin32 (or Bin64) folder.
    Pps. The reason why I think the new rF2 build may be at fault is because I have now been using the application for quite some time (probably over a year), and this is the first time that such an issue has occurred.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  19. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

same prob, but setting up back the root in C: works like always :cool:

20. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

Thanks for the response Mikk. :) Unfortunately the install is on a managed server, where the installs are on drive D:, and I don't have the necessary permissions to move them to drive C:. I also have a similar problem on my local machine, where my rF2 install is on the B: drive, but I can't move it to my C: drive in this case because I only use this as an OS drive and it's almost full. So I'm a bit stuck at the moment. :confused: