GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I have the same issue :S

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I updated my PHP runtime and as usual anytime you update PHP it breaks tons of code. I should be able to fix it quick though. I will report back when it's fixed.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, should work now. PHP 5.6 depreciated HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA.

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Works now, thanks Noel!

5. Pelukas

Pelukas Registered

NOEL ya no se que hacer.
    solo dime... que puertos abrir para crear partida, creo que ese es el error de que la gente no se puede connectar.
    gracias gran trabajo el tullo del cual no puedo disfrutar

6. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

Just recently been getting up to speed implementing & using this great little tool. After some practice and analyst of how it works, I believe I have a fundamental understanding of how it works with the editing of the *.mft files and it's relationship to the getmod.srrs-racing.net/listmods website; However, I have an odd issue that keeps tripping me. Occasionally a download link, using Dropbox, will fail with a Error (403). This failure occurs during access from rFactor2 server lobby join download or from clicking on "test" from the GetMod website. What is strange is that when you go into "edit" and then click on "test"... The DL works ???

I have deleted entries in website, dropbox, packages and re-entered them to no avail.

What's up with this ???

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, you cut and pasted... so will I:

Where are you seeing a 403? Not in rFactor2 obviously.

Edit: I found your problem. I am double escaping your link for some reason. So your URL with the space is escaped to a %20 but then I am escaping the % to a %25 so the space ends up being a a %2520. Long story. I should be a able to solve though.

Edit2: Your problem is solved. You only saw it randomly because it only impacted rfcmp files that had spaces in their names.

8. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

Obviously correct, the error (403) is coming from the dropbox website when "test" is clicked from url = getmod.srrs-racing.net/listmods.php
    and you see in rfactor.... repeats of starting download - then giving up of whatever.rfcmp - then Didn't install everythin. check component URLs for validity - just as it should for an error (403).

when "test" is clicked from url = getmod.srrs-racing.net/editmod.php the DL starts as normal.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The problem is fixed. See my post above for more details.

10. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

Thank you very much!!!

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No problem.

12. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Hello Noel,
    At first I want to thank you for tour work. This seems like a very useful tool. But when I select any datapath/directory, I get an error. It says something like path not valid. Do you know what could be wrong?

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

My guess is you are trying to select your packages folder rather than your DataPath. The DataPath should contain the "Installed" and "Manifests" folders.

14. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

Hmn,

I know that the getmod.srrs-racing site was down all day yesterday but it was up and responding when the following issue occurred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I "shampooed, rinsed & repeated" several times with the same results.

Are 26 character Vmod names ok ???

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah I made an error on our router which took the server offline and I didn't notice it all day. Duh.

About your problem though. I'm looking at these files and I'm not sure what I am supposed to be seeing. Can you give more details?

16. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

The location & vehicle MFT file had the link to getmod.srrs-racing before the vmod was installed.

Normally when the vmod is installed it inserts those links into the manifest MFT file for that vmod.

Not so in this case ???

Example:

[​IMG]

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No the vmod's MFT never gets a GetMod URL because it doesn't need one. The vmod is served directly by the dedi server.

18. klyde parker

klyde parker Registered

I understand that but I think your missing my point. GetMod (from the rF2 server lobby) works, for the cars & tracks, when the Manifest MFT file contains the link for the Associated componets (cars, tracks,etc.) does it not?

I know for a fact that sometimes, but not always, when the Vmod is installed the GetModMgr will insert the URL into the Manifest MFT AND remove the URL from the Location or Vehicle MFT... yet the GetMod function from the rF2 server lobby will still download the components. I know this to be a fact because I examine all MFT files every time I do this process cause sometimes I have to install / uninstall a track or car several times before the URL is inserted into the location or vehicle MFT and have personally see this happen several times. Possible lag to the getmod.srrs-racing site? Dunno.

So, if the Manifest MFT does have the URL for the various components... GetMod from the rF2 server lobby will fail ???

Which is what's happening now!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

My tool only touches the mft files for the individual components. When you use MAS2 to then create a vmod the URLs from the individual components are inserted into the vmods mft. But the vmod ("[Mod]" section) doesn't get a URL. It can have a URL, I usually insert the URL for the league, but it isn't used for anything other then being displayed in ModMgr. It's all the component URLs below the [Mod] section that are actually used. All those files you just showed look perfectly fine. I see no reason why it wouldn't work for you.

20. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I'm having an issue with GetMod manager. No one can download content anymore and when trying to load the app I get this error:

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 173.8.60.243:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GetModMgr
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.18
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.18
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/GetModMgr.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Web
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Web.Extensions
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Please fix as this is my favorite programme for RF2. :)