GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Fantastic, I will do that and report back mate. Thank you very much. Oh and yes, that's me :)

Edit: issue resolved, many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've been working on a tool to generate vmods. It's hidden in my GetModMgr tool but I haven't revealed how to initiate it yet. But basically it will work like this. You put GetModMgr in the same folder as the ModMgr.exe. Then you run the tool and then highlight all the components you want to include in your vmod and then click the package button. It then pops up a dialog with where you supply the mod name, URL, description, path to rfm file, path to icon, path to where you want to save the rfmod file to and then you just click ok and it spits out a vmod. The next time you need to build a vmod it will remember all of these fields and it will auto increment the version number so all you have to do is click ok.

The tool uses this format for the version numbers. YY.MMDDV. So if you make a vmod today it will get the version number 14.1120. If you make a second vmod on the same day it will get the version number 14.11201... and so on and so on. So you no longer have to keep track of what version number you used last. You can also manually type a version number if you would like. I have to work out a few more things like, if you don't supply an icon or rfm it needs to use rF2's default icon and rfm file. Once that is worked out I will make this feature public. It is a major time saver and eliminates human error.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I love you, Noel.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Works like a charm. :D

Just one question:

ISI content and content with a "get mod" link from the modder don't show up as registered?

Or is it possible to see the get mod URL from the Modmanger in your tool?

Something Like this: View attachment 14945

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Only components registered in your own GetMod account will show up as registered. ISI has their own database for their content. If you want the URLS for a component, even other people's components, just hold click the Test URLS button. It will put it on the clipboard and spawn your web browser to download the component.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Yes, I've noticed it.

But this mean testing all non registered mods to look for those who don't work.:p

Some other idea's that would make your tool even more awesome.

First look at this picture: View attachment 14947 (It's done with photoshop, i'm not a programmer :( )

We are working on registering mods that we are using in our events with 4 guys with your tool.
    We are using the same login.

Example 1: LagunaSeca:
    My college has registered the mod but i don't have it.
    - I could download the mod by clicking on Test URL (maybe directly to the packages folder)
    - and i would like to install it with your tool. :p

Example 2: Nordschleife_Tourist
    - I've got it installed and i see in your tool it's already has a valide get component URL

Example 3: PikesPeak
    - I've just downloaded it from the ISI forum
    - I would like to install it with your tool
    - and i see it has no valide get component URL,
    - so i upload it to the online database
    - and register it.

I inverted the "Installed Only" tick box into "Registered": It makes more sense to my that way.

Just some idea's Noel, to make your tool into a rF2 mod-manager-packaging-Vmod-creating-swiss-army-knife. ;)
    I'm not a programmer, so i don't know if these things are possible.

7. thuro76

thuro76 Registered

How do I create a VMOD with a mod registered with GetMod Manager ??

8. rer8

rer8 Registered

I am attempting to use the getmodmgr. In the process I have been asked to update my ID a number of times. I now have 3 ID's that do not work. rer8, RReynolds,and REReynolds. All with the same email address: xxxxxx8@cox.net. I think the best way for me to fix this is to ask you to remove all of my accounts, and I will try to do a better job when logging in. Thank you for your assistance. I will remove all old copies of the getmodmgr and download a fresh copy. Any additional advise would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much for your willingness to help a community that often criticizes more than they are thankful. I have gotten my monies worth many times over already, and look forward to using it for years to come.

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas, and have a Best of New Years.

Randy

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I made some more changes to the vmod creation feature to make it more ready for the masses. To use this feature, follow these steps:
    1: Hold Ctrl and click to highlight all the content you want to include in your vmod. You must include at least one vehicle component, one sound component and one location component.
    2: Once you have everything you want highlighted. Hold Ctrl and then click on the Package button.
    3: You will get a dialog that looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    4: File in all the details.
    5: Click the Ok button.

You're done.

Now some more info. The tool automatically generates the version number in this format: YY.MMDD. If you create a second vmod on the same day it will add a 1 to the end of the version. If you create another it will add a 2 and so on. You don't need to track the version numbers by hand. It tracks the version numbers for you. So for example if you made a vmod today it would give it a version number like this: 15.0102. If you made a second vmod today it would be: 15.01021. The final vmod filename will look like this: <vmodname>_v<versionnum>.rfmod. So for example: VEC_v15.0102.rfmod.

The tool automatically selects all cars and track layouts from each component. At some point I may allow you to select the individual cars one by one like the MAS2 tool but I found that 99.9% of the time people want to select all of them anyways. It's one step I would rather skip.

You will also notice that the field where you type the name of the vmod is actually a dropdown box. It stores all the details of all your vmods separately. You can delete a vmod profile by clicking the X next to the vmod name.

The tool also needs you to supply the path to the rFm file and DDS icons for your mod. You can download the default rFm and icon files here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbiq6d5gebp9n4e/Default-rFM-Icon.zip?dl=0

Just extract that zip somewhere and then point my tool to those files. If your league has a custom icon and rfm file then point my tool to those.

Here is a little video demo:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Oh man.. I was on vacation and read this post but forgot to respond. I will delete all your accounts right now.

Edit: Okay Randy, you're all set. All of your usernames have been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  11. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Noel - just a quick one, but have you seen an issue with the last two builds of rf2. When you create the vmod only about two of the cars are avaliable (this is with multiple server installs, not multiple profiles). I then have to create the vmod on my local machine and upload which then means I can't use getmod manager?

Anyone else experienced this?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have actually seen this randomly lately but haven't been able to track it down. I think it happens when you have multiple versions of the same component but I haven't been able to prove that yet. One could always use an older version of mas2.exe but it would be cool if we could narrow down on the problem so it could be reported to ISI.

13. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

I'll try a version of mas 32 pre build 906 and report back.

I take it getmod manager doesn't care where I run mas 32 from or would I need to copy it into the directory of the server that I'm making the vmod for?

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I need to look at my code but if I recall correctly my tool first looks for mas2 in the same folder that my tool is run from and if it isn't there then it looks for it in the support folder of the working dir that you have selected in my tool.

But for sure you could replace the mas2 that is in the support dir.

When I get to the office I will double check my code. It would be better to be able to drop an old copy in the folder with my tool rather than overwriting the one in the support folder.

15. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

I'll drop the pre 906 one in the support folder and rename the new one as something else temporarily. Let you know in a couple of hours :)

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sounds good. But for the record I have seen missing cars even with the 798 mas2 tool. So I'm not sure exactly when this started happening.

To be sure we are talking about the same thing. When I say teams are missing I am saying I create a vmod and highlight all the teams on the right side (in mas2) and then when I install the resulting vmod it has random missing teams. I've seen this happen before when you forget to highlight a team on the right side but in my case my tool is automating that process so I don't see how a random team would go missing. I have also seen other reports of this where people swear until they are blue in the face that they definitely selected every team and some are still missing. Like I said its random and I haven't been able to pinpoint it.

17. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Yep, exactly that issue. The first time it happened I tried the vmod creation about 5 times, just to be sure it wasn't me! Him, not sure if I have a version earlier than 798, I'll have to dig around

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Hello Noel I tried your new Get Mod, but when I use it generates this error.
    Do you have any solution for this problem.
    Thank You

Best Regards

Babs

in Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    in Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, Object registrySecurityObj, RegistryOptions registryOptions)
    in Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck)
    in rFactor2_Mod_Manager_Plus.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    in System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
    mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GetModMgr
    Versione assembly: 1.0.0.14
    Versione Win32: 1.0.0.14
    Base di codice: file:///E:/Installazione%20Giochi/9)rFactor%202%20Build%20906%20Programmi/Core/GetModMgr.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Versione assembly: 10.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Web.Extensions
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34237
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
    System.Web
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34237 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Configuration
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Try running the took as admin.

20. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I tried as admin, but it does not work.
    after error, I have to close with Task Manager