GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Incase you missed it... I sent you a PM.

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thanks for you help noel. Now it is working.

for anyone who got the same problems, it seem that I installed the "wrong" or a bad DOTNET.

after installer v4.5 it work right away.

I have other question about a new subject, so I think I will start a new thread insteasd of Hijacking this one :)

thanks for your help

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

I've uploaded my components to my Drop Box account (never used it before).

What do I use for a URL for the components when I register? I only see... http://www.dropbox.com.home as an address in my address bar.

Thanks,
    Bryan

4. Bryan Birtwell

Solved by right clicking on file and selecting "share" it shows the entire URL in the address field of my browser.

5. Bryan Birtwell

Quick question... Does the hosting computer (my VPS) and the server that makes the vMOD have to be the same computer?

I'm at a total loss.

I have followed the instructions in the video to the "T". (great video, btw)

I registered the component(s) on my home machine, I made the vMOD on my home machine. I then email the vMOD to the server and load it up.

I then delete the vMOD and component(s) from my machine to see if the Get Missing Components thingie works... It worked once for me and once for someone else.

I do see where Toban was "downloaded" 48 times in your tool, Noel. Does that mean that it was actually downloaded 48 times or was it/could it be that it was actually 48 attempts and not actual complete downloads? Like when my download from the game fails it's after 5 attempts... Is that 5 downloads?

Thanks for your great tool, although it's not working here. I do know it's working for others...

Man, I'm running out of hair quickly... So much for it being a "quick question".

Edit: I confirmed that the tool counts "attempts" as downloads.

Should I just wait to see what has changed in the next build?

Thanks

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The only requirement is you create the vmod on the same machine that you used my tool on. Once the vmod is created you can upload that vmod to the server. Just make sure that you remember to put this vmod in the default Packages folder on the server so that GetMod can sent it to clients.

You are right, the count is more of a "hit" count. To get a better idea of what is going on you can click the log button on my tool and it will show you the date/time, IP address and URL. So if you see the same IP hit my server 5 times in a row for the same URL, it is most likely failing. Why it is failing I don't have any control over. My service simply returns the URL to the client, from there it is up to rF to download and install the component.

Although the change long for the current unstable build doesn't list it, the new build includes a much improved HTTP client. It now supports HTTPS and the timeout (which could be your problem) was increased from some ridiculously low number like 500ms to a full 15secs. Mediafire for example worked in the last build although MF has a tendency to take several seconds to respond so rF would time out. On the new build MF works 100% of the time. Also, now that HTTPS works, I had success hosting with Google Drive and a few others. There were also some bugs fixed in the HTTP client where it would download the component but the component would be corrupt because it included some HTML at the beginning of the file. A standard 302 redirect is a header only response but some servers throw in some HTML with the response which is what rF2 was appending to the download.

Anyways, long story short, the next build (or current unstable build) has much improved GetMod.

7. CRL_Cactus

CRL_Cactus Registered

Thanks for GetMod Manager, works great, and thanks for the video on how to use it
    If you could check it out, I would appreciate it, Server is ! cactusracing.us
    Thanks,
    Cactus, Steve Lampke

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It looks like the 370 sound cmp that you are hosting fails to pass validation. I even downloaded this component direct from ISI and that one also fails to pass validation too. It also looks like 798 has a bug which causes the game to crash when GetMod downloads a corrupt component.

I extracted the 370 sounds from ISI's Multicmp. You can download this non-corrupt version and then upload it to your Dropbox account and then update your link to point to this new one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o21er8w5k561mg9

9. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Noel,

You need to clear some of your PMs. I tried to PM you earlier with the logon name of my server and it said you needed to clear some space.

: )

Bryan

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry about that, try now.

11. Bryan Birtwell

Hello,

I am having a real bad time with this on the new build on both my new server and on my home machine.

I install everything to do with rFactor2 into the Program Files (x86) folder.

I can't figure out what the correct data path is. I have tried every folder in both of my rFactor2 installs. No success.

I had no problems last build.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

12. AHS_Mancho

AHS_Mancho Registered

Hi,

i am using Build 860 and Dropbox with the Tool. Everything looks fine like the video, but if it try "Test URL" i get the error:

Error (403)
    It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Plz Help.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Babs recently reported that Dropbox is adding ?dl=0 to the URLs these days and that it breaks my system if you don't remove that from the URL. Does your Dropbox URL end with ?dl=0. If so, remove it and see if that helps.

14. AHS_Mancho

AHS_Mancho Registered

Hi, Noe
    thx for your answer. Yes, the URL ends with ?dl=0. I removed it from the link but Test URL have the same Error:
    Error (403)
    It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in.
    Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  15. Mee

Mee Registered

Just used the GetMod Manager for the first time, works like a charm!

Thanks a lot for this Noel, it's a huge help for hosting non-standard content.

16. AHS_Mancho

AHS_Mancho Registered

Hi to all,

i found the error, it was a space at the trackname - i correct this and now its all working.......

17. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Wondering if anyone can help.

I was told this week that the circuit was not downloadable from two of my servers (The third being on an ISI circuit).

I've just been on the dedi, tested the download URL's through the manager, working fine. When trying to join in the matchmaker it just retries until it asks check the URL validity. I checked the link in the matchmaker Vs the one on the dedi, they are the same. I am rather confused as to why this is not working as I've been using GetMod Manager for months with no issues.

Servers are;

Pitlanes.com BTCC & Pitlanes.com Clio Cup

Thanks

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Check the packages folder to make sure the components don't already exist. You say one of the ones that fails to download is an ISI track... I am fairly sure your users probably already have that track in their packages folder but not actually installed. The work around is to delete the component or simply install it manually and then rejoin. I really wish this bug would get fixed.

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Sorry, my wording. I just simply meant to say I have 2 using the manager and just a third with an ISI track. I don't even know why I mentioned it :(

So, is this a bug?

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well it good be this bug... I'm not sure in your case. Have you checked to see if these people already have the components in their packages folder but not actually installed? You say it keeps repeating itself so I don't think we are talking about the same bug. The bug I am referring to will actually download the component but then fail to install it (because it already existed in the packages folder) and then tells you to check the URL. If it keeps repeating itself it is probably the download link having a problem.

Edit: I think I see your problem, Oran Park has a space in it. "OranPark v1.3.rfcmp". That is assuming I'm looking at the correct account on my service. hahaha. rich32g? To fix the space all you need to do is remove the space from the file on Dropbox and then get a new link and past it in the GetMod Manager tool. You will NOT need to build a new vmod though.