AMD 14.4 Amazing driver thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, Apr 29, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

This driver is sure to be something better than other previously but the largest and most unique diff it only makes in rf2.

I suspect AMD has been optimized some for rf2 without making it clear or randomly eliminated a bug in DX9 applications, the previously slows rf2 but with different effect on the different gpu models.

Probably the newer generations are advantageous here but I currently use nothing else, so I can not say if other titles make these massive jumps but I do not think so, since it is the only thing I run often but so far could not experience how well the software rf2 is already, but as I had mentioned earlier everything I've tested a few months ago has performed already brutally with the 290, otherwise I would not keep the 290 as long with the hope to be able to experience this performance in rf2 sometime as well. This card is worth every cent ;)

2. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

I don't get it. The game looks better with this driver but it kills my performance completely. with the 13.x driver its fine, with 14.4 around 2 fps

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

If you get a change in visuals then something might not have worked on previous driver?

4. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

I'm not sure. I use the Radeon HD 5770 (1024mb) and I have to set everything to medium (1920x1080) to make it run acceptable. Sometimes the framerate just drops massively. Anyone else with that problem? Or is my gfx card simply too slow?

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Some one here has said that the new driver works very good only with the new cards(7xxx)!

6. Justy

Justy Registered

Has anyone else noticed that adaptive multisampling now seems to be working with rf2? Or am I just imagining it? I tried setting it via radeon pro and seem to get a substantial improvement in visuals (almost as nice as supersampling) and still retain perfectly acceptable frame rates.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes, got it a few days ago also but i'm not sure if it was really looking any better, while the performance was good. I use level 5 in game while the driver operates in standard mode and I have the impression this is just as good as level 8 without noticeable lack of visuals, as well as level 8 does not look really better and me the look at level 5 seems to be sufficient enough, I'm quite statisfied for now. :)

8. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

I went back to the 13.2 driver because my gpu usage kept dropping to 70%.

9. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Yeah, I went back to 13.2 as well. Too bad :/

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

CPU Limit.

11. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

Start with fresh PLR, just rename it to .old or something. Same thing happened to me.

12. Justy

Justy Registered

Hmm, interesting. I will have to tinker some more. What do you mean by the driver operates in standard mode? Is that just normal multisampling and then set your AA level in game, or am I missing something?

Cheers

Justin

13. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

I wil try that, thanks

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

For me level 5 is the best when in motion. I cant see much difference beyond that at speed

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes usually I create a profile but the performance is good without one, nevertheless I have tested it again with the adaptive AA and it looks good to me in which it costs maybe 5 fps at the same level of AA, actually level 5 in use. I think it actually looks better as multisample AA.

16. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Dude, that actually worked! Thank you very much!

17. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Since Mantle driver support start from Ati, i can not use third monitor, because don´t extend desktop. Neither last WHQL 14.4

My conexants are one hdmi-hdmi and two hdmi-minidp

When contacting with Ati, no response. When contacting with Shapire, after two weeks of emails, finish response is about may use Official dongles related in Ati Support...http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-adapters#k=#s=41

I need 2 Mini DisplayPort™ To: HDMI (Active Adapter) and try find it, but old-fashioned products or don´t match

With my actual Hamma dongles only have problems with 12.11 for same question.

Anyone with Ati 7870 Oc Shapire has problems with third monitor or Eyefinity?:eek:

All previous drivers deinstalled correctly with DDU and clean Registry and Driver Fusion.

18. Led566

Led566 Registered

I have a Sapphire 7950 dualX connected to:
    1 VGA monitor via DVI
    2 VGA monitor via cheap miniDP to VGA adapters
    1 BENQ W1070 videoprojector via HDMI
    I have extended monitor and I can play on the VP (1920*1080) or on the 3 VGA (Eyefinity 3840*1024).

19. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Ati 7870 Graphyc Card...This same series, i talk

But thanks Led.

I read in several forums about problems with this graphyc series and 3 monitors trouble too.

If any user could confirm that he can match, i need to know what dongle do you use with 7870;)

20. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Mobility user here - HD6770M (Macbook Pro / Bootcamp 8.1 x64). Installed 14.4's and was getting steady 42fps mid race. Have just downloaded the enduro patch, and now I'm sat at steady 60ish mid race. Worth considering for others using mobile GPUs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk