[REL] Delta Best plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Apr 20, 2014.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Thanks @cosimo, liked this app since v16. However there are times it doesn't appear, despite the notice upon entry to the Garage to 'press Ctrl-D to toggle'. Is it because I have Realfeel plugin (w/c uses Ctrl to reset FFB), or perhaps conflicting w/ Trackmap v0.96? I know I had it working before but recently it doesn't appear.

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Mmh, hard to say what is the problem as I don't use any of those plugins. Could be a conflict. Maybe other trackmap/realfeel users can chime in.

(wasn't realfeel a rF1 thing?)

Make sure you don't press CTRL + D when the game starts or the plugin will deactivate. It starts already enabled.

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Oh, you're right, sorry, Realfeel was in rF1, I mixed it up. So perhaps it's Trackmap conflicting? Others who may be encountering this? FWIW, I also sometimes get rF2 freezes with Trackmap in the garage, but not sure what's causing it.

Anyway, regarding Delta app, I even see the reminder below after every lap (ie. press Ctrl-D), but the HUD doesn't appear.

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Sorry, it's hard to understand what your problem is...
    Questions:
    1. What files do you have in your Bin64/Plugins folder? Can you list all of them?
    2. What reminder do you see? What is that? A message? Can you write the whole message please?

Thanks,

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Here are the screenshots (bin64\plugins and the Delta message shown at garage after loading the track, just to show that the app is installed).
    View attachment 17644
    View attachment 17645

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Good, then we cleared that out. The plugin is loaded and it works.
    So, a couple more questions :)
    • What's in the INI file you have in that folder? Or alternatively, does the plugin "hud" show up if you rename the ini file to "unused.ini" and restart rF2?
    • What do you expect to happen when you drive out of the pits? What should happen is that you do an outlap, then a timed lap, then the delta time shows up on the 3rd lap of the session.

Let's see if we get closer to the problem.

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Thanks.

Attached my Delta.ini file. Actually, one question I have about ini file, I noticed the coordinates are at the top-left, but during the times when Delta appeared, it was at the top-center (below rearview mirror), shouldn't it read the coordinates in this file?

For the 2nd question, correct, I would surmise it should appear at the start of the 3rd lap, as that's when the valid delta would be computed.

EDIT: Read the .ini comments again, and indeed it says the default coordinates are the top-center. How do I put it to the top-left, negative (as I would expect Left=0 is already left-most?) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Any value except zero will be respected. Zero is interpreted as "put it in the center", so use anything non-zero, f.ex. 10 or 50.

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Ok. I know I can test it myself, but as rF2 is known to have an issue with Alt-Tabbing, it's a nuance to cycle through trial values and exiting the game (or will crash on it's own), then back, etc. So can you advise what value would be the left-most edge? If it depends on resolution, I run 2560x1440. Thanks again.

10. cosimo

cosimo Registered

For the Alt-TAB problem, use windowed mode. Values for left, as I already mentioned in my last post, try 10 or 50.

11. Corti

Corti Registered

pardon me to intrude in the conversation, I have a problem with displaying the plugin (my resolution 2715x1527) and is a little hidden by the central virtual mirror. I changed parameters but does not change the position of the plugin. I edited by another plugin (pedal_overlay) see if you have way to change the position by editing the ini file (this is what it contains)

[General]
    OverlayEnabled=True
    OffsetX=5
    OffsetY=100
    BarWidth=20
    BarHeight=60
    DetailedLog=False
    FilteredInputs=False

varying values offsetX & offsetY change the position of the plugin. One could add this to Delta Best?

regards, Corti.

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Please read the instructions in the README file. You can actually do what you are asking for by changing the Left and Top properties in the DeltaBest.ini file.

13. Corti

Corti Registered

sorry I forgot to remove the ";" why it did not trigger the modification.
    thanks for your reply and sorry for my ignorance

regards, Corti.

14. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Ok, Glad you managed to fix it.

No need to excuse ignorance, we are all ignorant at something :)

15. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi Cosimo !

I think I have found an issue, not sure if it was reported before.

In a Multiplayer session, if you set a lap time with a car and after you use the widget to change car the Delta always show the gap based on the first lap.

So let's say that I do a lap with a GTR and after that I change car without exiting the session to take lets say the CLIO, my delta will be impossible to beat because the fastest lap was with a GTR.

I can see that it has one advantage, its if you are testing multiple car from the same class, like testing the APEX GT3 Camaro, setting a good lap after changing lap to see if the porsche (from GT3 APEX) is faster than the camaro.

Thanks !

16. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you checked This?

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes, I see what you mean.
    I would suggest you can use the new functionality to reset the best lap if you want to.
    This works anytime during the session, and by default it is bound to CTRL + Z (but changeable creating a DeltaBest.ini file, instructions in the DeltaBest.example.ini template).

18. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Damn, you beat me to it :)

19. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah you are right...

I need to confess something though.. I did try to reset it, but my memory got me on this, I thought the reset button was CTRL + X (not Z), so that's explain why it was not working :)

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Quick question--are the new persisting laps specific to car number or car class?