Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

As I forgot : Top left Icon which display "AI" or the one which display the plug icon showing when the plugin will be enabled are not anymore displayed for me. B660 was updated through the Launcher, and I also tried to install Lite version on top of the existing installation to fix this problem: no success, those icons are gone for me...

2. uncelafo

uncelafo Registered

I have a problem with new build. I can't play. Game isn't starting up. I can see only a black background with rf2 icon as cursor. Second issue is that I can't even run Developer mode (the icon of "Dev mode" is gray, I can't double-click on it).

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Click on configure game in the lower right portion of the launcher, maybe it's something small

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have you installed the SDK from Dev corner? It isn't installed with the Lite or content builds.

5. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hi. Haven't played game since build 2XX, but why cant i download mods from servers? Only isi servers give that option. Is it disabled or im I forgeting something?

edit: Sorry to hear that Woodee. It was not that hard to set it correctly back then, so strange to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Many servers don't have it setup correctly, even after many complaints on here and tools produced that fix the problem.

7. uncelafo

uncelafo Registered

I've solved a problem with black screen after launching the game. Maybe it'll be helpful for somebody. If you're running Windows 7 64-bit OS try to run the game with compatibility mode for Windows XP or Vista. (click properties on rfactor2 icon and go to compatibility tab)

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Hope no dev lose time working on this issue: I can retrieve those icons if I select the default UI. I didn't thought it was linked, I guess modders need to duplicate/recreate those icons and some didn't make it...

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just for the report: I and other drivers from our leauge get with B660 very often disconnects from our servers. Mostly in session Practice and Qualify. Hopefully this would be fixed soon.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

uncelafo, are you running with "Aero" on in Win7? If not that may be your problem. You don't need to set compatibility mode. It shouldn't be necressary

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I suscribe

enviado mediante tapatalk

12. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Mee too.

I prefer a stable build than nice and stunning graphics. The communities, are waiting a stable build that fix all these bugs. It would be much appreciated than implement other settings. Sometimes a race can be a nightmare.

rfactor2 is great, but needs to understand communitie´s problems to reward our loyalty.

Hope next will be at least a stable build.

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Have this too with b660 sometimes I get two times the "connection lost" message. But never (until now) a third time. Most time it works normal. Had this on different servers with different mods.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The connection lost problem is really strange. Why does it usually only happen the first time you join the server every day? Why sometimes rF2 crashes when selecting also the first time medium tires with civics? Later it goes fine. I am positive of one thing. If the result is not the same all the times is because something is changing. This inestability is new with this Build and was not in B382. Intermediate builds simply do not exist for me.

I have the feeling that is something that will be difficult to track unless properly studied. I sometimes relate it to rf2 crashes that might corrupt some files which in some other bug cases I have the proof it was the reason.

The question is ISI aware of this disturbing bugs or are they simply focused in the IMO not so urgent 64 bit goal? People having memory problems because they want to use 40 AI is really not an issue. In a normal race you dont get to fight with those many people.
    It is ridiculous for me that this is considered the main problem when the sofware is UNSTABLE.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

A 64bit executable does not exclude bug fixing. I'm pretty sure ISI know every bug in the sim. In any case more then we know.
    Wait until it is released try it and then made your mind. ATM moment it is not very useful to say it would be better if they ....... because we dont know what they .......
    please :p

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just want to add: disconnections even we change the car Ingame, too. This case is nearly reproduceable, it happen 8-9 times of 10 tries.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Don't take me wrong but there hasn't been a single word on bug fixing on any of the latest post coming from Jeremy, Tim...
    I guess it it is not so nice to announce in terms of marketing as they did with the move to 64 bits.

I am really worried that many of the bugs will remain and new bugs will appear. Time will say if I am right or wrong.

I just read SCES LeMans 24 hr race has been postponed until september because of the rejoin race issue. Good job ISI!!! Keep that awesome job of destroying rF2 leagues!!!

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yep that is a bad thing and I'm with you in this case.
    But let us do this in a constructive way and try to avoid a negative attitude.
    There was already a period with this. It helps nobody.
    All we can do is report back our observation to proper threads and if necessary more times.

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Man, I have tons of respect for what you did so far and I'm really thankful for all you work, but that really help nobody saying all that and repeating always the same things like if ISI created bug just to laugh reading people moaning. What you be said has been said, and that's fine, tons of thanks for reporting. I agree what you explained is really frustrating, just be sure what they want, as a company, like any other videogame company, is to create a stable and enjoyable and free bug product. Going to 64 bits will remove nearly all crashes due to memory exceed usage, opening an easiest way to investigate for other problems at the same time and after the switch. Unless some kind of Devil manage this company, they prefer when everybody is satisfied with product they sell. Also, they are not children 10 years old trying to debug an "Hello World" program by putting printf and using dichotomy. They are experimented, far more than everybody around. Giving advice and reports problem is good. Destroying mood of all readers is not good. Now something need to be done or everybody will jump from the first bridge they will found...

And I know what I'm talking about, because I'm an expert :p

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

LOL :D I was 6 years consultant for a software company. You cant imagine how many similar events I had :p
    but you hit the point perfectly :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.