Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Install lite build over the top?

It's what I did (also had problems autoupdating 7 -64bit)

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Does anyone know if this issue is a big deal? Whenever I do the auto update a lot of files fail, but the sim runs perfectly fine and I don't notice anything wrong with it. Are the files really failing or is that just a bug with auto update?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

My Scripted weather saves just fine

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ignore them, if the game works then everythings fine.

5. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

In the changelog you can read there is some new computed telemetry info. Does anyone know which info this is? I would like to see damper velocity for motec

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Tire compounds, some extra tire temps, brake bias, turbo boost.... That is all I can recall off the too if my head. Nothing damper related was added though.

7. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

that's a pity :(

8. snail

snail Registered

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Gosh, I wish the Texture Sharpening selection was changeable on a live screen. It takes about 2 minutes to switch between Texture Sharpening settings. It's like your optometrist, in fitting you for glasses, saying "Which is better, 1? ... close eyes for 2 minutes... or 2? ... close eyes for 2 minutes... 1? ... close eyes for 2 minutes ... or 2?" Uhh, can I see 1 again?

Minor bitching, but what are forums for?! :) I recon the old Alt=M value was either 1=+2.0(very blurry) or 2=+1.0(blurry) since it eliminated negative values... right?

10. MJP

MJP Registered

Apparently "0" is the equivalent of the old ALT+M setting, thought you'd be able to see it as you have one of the newer 700 series cards, everyone who has one seemed to say ALT+M was a night and day difference. I've got an older card and ALT+M never looked much of a big deal on my pc and I don't recall anyone making a fuss about it before but then again that was before the 700 series came out.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think there were only certain objects it would appear on, I think it was things like transparency maps on trees.

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I was definitely able to see it with the old method. (And liked it.) And I can see difference with the new card but I can't decide which setting I prefer because it's a subjective comparison. And might it not differ from track to track? If so you have to decide multiple times. Just moaning to have the "flash card" method of comparing.

Not a biggie. Right now I'm going with 2=+1.0(blurry).

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, Alt+M cycling through the new option and then simply remembering (sticky) whatever on you least select would have been the easy (for users) way to do it. Fiddling with .PLR file after exiting each time is silly. And what exactly does "Auto" mean? The other options are at least clear, if annoying to implement. On my system, I find that "Auto" and "1" look the same, but I could be missing something.

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Stuff like this should be in the UI, no question. We need an 'advanced graphics' tab in the settings menu so some of these options buried in the .plr can finally be liberated.

15. Macspeed

Macspeed Registered

hi,
    i updated and i ghet Always error code 0xc000007b , installed vcredist_x86 noting seems to work my game wont start reinstalled build 660 lite ,run the sync everthing is dhare but wont start ;i tried everything i now but still nothing can you help mé .
    regards
    Mac

16. Carlo

Carlo Registered

@Macspeed

When you start the launcher, does your screen go black? Is the error code you see in the event viewer, or in a popup window on the desktop?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Same here. I normally move my entire rF2 folder out, install fresh to the original location, then compare folders and copy .ini settings etc across (takes a few mins, but I find any .ini/PLR changes while I'm there). When I do that with 660 devmode crashes when I try to change the resolution; I never change resolution etc in-game so not sure if the single player side does the same.

On a clean fresh install I can change resolution (and switch to windowed mode) fine, but that doesn't save. Next time I start it it's back to 1024 and fullscreen.

Copying the modified config.ini across from single player doesn't have any effect; devmode still starts in 1024 and fullscreen.

I was going to try and work out what was introducing the resolution-switch-crashing, but if even a clean install won't stick I'll just try going back to a previous SDK.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just got around to upgrading my dev environment to 660 and it looks like DevMode stores the config.ini in a new location.

Code:
    Copy "<datapath>\rFactor2\UserData\Config.ini" "<core>\Config.ini"
    <core> = The same folder that the launcher is located in. Not to be confused with <core>\Core.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well this is all a bit confusing :)

I used to turn HDR on by editing the "<core>\Config.ini" file. Makes you wonder whether it's reading both .ini files (or was) and somehow combining the settings.

Ok, so copying to that ini starts devmode in windowed mode and correct resolution etc. Modifying the resolution in devmode and applying saves those new settings to the moddev\userdata\config.ini file - which is then ignored next time devmode is started.

Put the 590 SDK back in before trying this, and it read the internal config fine. So definitely a change for this build, at least on my side.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

When you run Moddev it creates a config.ini, if you make any changes on the 'Video Res' tab they get saved to a 2nd config.ini. Then everytime you run ModDev it reads from the 1st file but saves any changes to the 2nd file, also making changes turns off HDR lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.