Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

What would that mean, that those features won't be in the game at all? Or just not trying to spend time on it now?

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hello,
    Could you give some details about "Added some replay control to the plugin interface." ?

Thanks

3. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Made some tests with my bottlenecked PC (dual core at 3.0Ghz, 4 GB RAM -both so dated that hurts- and a GTX560Ti OC 1GB) and I can report a massive increase in performance at least on my system.

For example for me Silverstone is the most demanding track for me since the day it was released, I couldn´t even play with reflections ON and mirrors because at the pit lane my frame rate went down like mad at unplayable rates (max I got were 50´s down to 20´s). Today after updating went directly to Silverstone and in the very first seconds I noticed how my frame rate at the pits were at freaking 58´s FPS!!! with reflections ON (but LOW) and mirrors ON too. Then the average in the race were at about 70´s FPS and then at the pit lane at 58´s 60´s FPS.

This of course (don´t laugh because my CPU is old, from 2007) with one car...but hell for me (a "hot lapper") having more than 60FPS in a track that I really like is really good. I couldn´t play on it until today...

Have to check at Monaco and others but I can tell that ISI is doing an amazing job when it comes to performance and polishing stuff...If I can run this game (also yes, at 1080p and almost everything at max) well now, maybe others with far better PC´s than me should run it without problems.

Thank you ISI! :eek:

4. Rik

Rik Registered

I have the same problem with auto update with the file msvcp100.dll. Right now I'm downloading the lite.

Edit: installed the "lite" over the previous version and the pc crashed. I tried deleting everything, and do a fresh installation of the "lite". RF2 does not start anymore. I try to contentbuild.

Edit2:
    also tested the contentbuild but it will not start. I tried to run the file "rf config" in the core folder, seem to miss the various translations that were present in 590.
    I deleted everything again and tried again with the 590. Now even the 590 does not work anymore and gives me this error:
    Error in build 590
    [​IMG]

a screen of rfconfig with missing translations (build 660):

[​IMG]

: (

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

haven't test the new build yet but Silverstone was optimixed already in the last content updated. It haven't been the most demanding track for a long time anymore. At least with my system.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Updated fine with auto-updater, after 2 hours of Karting on previous build we tested the 660 yesterday just after, and we notice changes in FFB feeling on Kart, a better feeling and a more progressive tire slides, not a huge change but, it's less hard to feel the lost of rear, better for us to place the karting on brakes and to master the power slides ;).
    There is nothing in the change log, is our feeling right?

We tested the collisions and the graphical render is strange, but the result is better, the bumps are more natural and the close battle are more easy to control. Is there anything to activate on client side (like on the previous collision algorithm tentative), or all is activated by default on both server/client after update?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  7. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

It was playable before but still without mirrors and reflections, now I can play with that ON and have more frame rates. That´s on my PC of course. I notice more the minor performance issues/or increases because of my massive bottleneck.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Build 660, player.plr.
    Texture Sharpening="5" // Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)

"Old-fashioned Alt+M"
    Texture Sharpening="0" // Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)

9. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Autoupdate worked flawlessly. No crashes here so far. Though I did not test for a long time. Have to go to work.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I took it to mean they don't want to put up a list of features they're looking to implement in the future.

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks ISI for this new build! :)

I'll test it tonight. In the meantime, how does the auto mode for Texture Sharpening (5=auto) react for people? Is it smart enough to give a better render than the usual ALT-M (0=Off) trick? I'm wondering what could be the algorithm behind an auto mode here?

12. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Sorry for the previous post. No improvement in performance with mirrors, but if there is an overall performance improvement.

I made a little comparison with the build 590 and build 660.

These are the results. Average FPS in a lap on SPA with EVE F2.

Build 590 with mirrors -------- 57.125 FPS
    Build 590 whitout mirrors ---- 73.693 FPS

Build 660 whit mirrors -------- 63.796 FPS
    Build 660 whitout mirrors ---- 80.739 FPS

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks for the update ISI team. :)

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Now if only ISI could fix it so that when I bump an AI car, it is them that spins out and not me, thanks :D

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

- 74 to 81 fps
    - 57 to 64 fps

Those are nice improvements. I hope that carries over to any track/car combo, rather than being the result of a specific car or track being further optimized.

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Do you know if you lost performance between 494 and 590, like some did? I.e. is this a "recovery" ?

17. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Thanks ISI

It's a shame I don't have the time to try this build at the moment. I'm just real curious to what improvements have been made to the multiplayer collisions. Anyone tried multiplayer yet?

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Has any one else still got the problem with the Civic changing shape on the boot and parts disappearing at certain distance's? is there a fix? kinda off putting.

19. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Not a recovery performance. From the Build 342 to Build 590 performance was the same, at least in my case. 1 or 2 FPS difference with the same configuration and the same conditions.

20. mart280

mart280 Registered

Thank you for fixing HDR on multiple graphic cards, HDR automation now works on my 3 ATI 5850's :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.