Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

[​IMG]

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Big performance improvement when using mirrors. Now the difference is 5-10 FPS at most. Great job ISI.

Tomorrow more tests. :D

3. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks now I see the message listing the missing components.
    Below is the screen I was presented with the first time tried. (the message box is slightly different).
    Now I'm also able to install the RTM MOD! Strange

View attachment 12319

4. crz

crz Registered

Looks like the http client has been "tuned"? Get missing components in combination with multiurl.com fails with b660. B590 shows no issues at all with this. Tim can you confirm there has been a change?

Btw. Using a direct link works fine with b660. Maybe the increased response time when using multiurl.com leads to a timeout?

5. alister667

alister667 Registered

I'm also getting the "The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer."

Also tried installing the MS VC++ Redist, it told me there a later version already installed.

Is MSVC110.dll a 64-bit dll? I'm on a 32-bit system.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Very weird, I was setting up our server today (before 660 got released) and got the same error when launching the server.
    Simple vmod with the howstons G4 and 6.
    changed vmod to G6 alone and it worked.

doesn't seem build related?

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Awesome tire smoke and dust are fixed in replays now.

Still getting this weird half dark/half normal issue though regarding some vehicles tires...

[​IMG]

8. MJP

MJP Registered

Seems a bit strange, MSVCP110.dll and MSVCR110.dll are Microsoft C Runtime Libraries that get installed with B660 (also with test builds 629/649 too). They should be in your SysWOW64 folder if you're running 64bit or System32 folder if running 32bit. The rF2 installer and/or updater should install them automatically, you shouldn't need to manually run the EXE in Support\Runtimes.

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Getting the MSVCP110.dll error here too on a Win 8 64-bit system that's had the last 20 or so builds installed successfully without missing any.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I never manually ran anything, just worked my way around it.

rf2 on Server is acting up though, it keeps closing on me when trying to update. initially it was updating and then closed without errors around 70%
    Now it closes instantly when pressing update.
    rest seem to function. asked fellow admins to see if they have more luck, not sure if related at all.

11. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

Try not overclocking your CPU; if anything else is overclocked (GPU, RAM, etc.) try to have them all at default settings.
    You don't loose anything trying, and maybe that fixes your problem.
    Hope this helps!

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

That or cap his frame rates at whatever number he feels comfortable with. I cap mine at 130 with a slower cpu but with a gtx780. rF2 runs smooth as silk for me.

13. Radon711

Radon711 Registered

It seems that NVidia is a lot more friendly with rFactor 2 compared with AMD. Although a user in the previous page reported silk with the 7970 1 GHz, which on the second build runs on silk with the 1 GHz 7870. My current card is clocked at 850Mhz which is a bit of a hike although maybe a tad irrelevant. I previously had the 8150 bulldozer but recently upgraded to the 8350 Piledriver without a notice of change, just shorter length of the stuts. I don't believe anything is over clocked but I was just thinking of going through overdrive to bring the card up to 1GHz just to peek if that indeed will nudge into smoothness.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

1.66 isn't my vMod. Everything I made today is 1.0...

15. 88mphTim

Does this also happen when you view a replay in the replay viewer, from saved replays?

16. 88mphTim

My only change on getmod this last update was with the location our own items were hosted, and redirecting those. I wasn't aware of any code changes to support that, but will check. Either way, multiurl could just have a blip and cause it, sure.

17. 88mphTim

Damn it, I can't believe I did that again! Sorry.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The client only supports two 302 redirects. Is it possible multiurl made a change that is causing an extra redirect which is putting the http client over the limit. In your case multiurl would cause at least one redirect and then the direct link could cause another redirect. I haven't tested my service on 660 yet. I hope it hasn't broken mine too.

Try this. Run Chrome or IE and bring up the dev console (F12) and then select what ever tab shows the raw requests and responses. Then paste one of your multiurl links and then watch to see how many 302 redirects take place. If it's more than 2 then that is the problem. This limit needs to be bumped up to 5 IMO. The timeout needs to get bumped up too. If we got 5 redirects then we could finally use Mediafire links with my GetMod service. My service has one redirect and then MF has two more which puts it over the limit. Such an easy change that would open a bunch of options for hosting.

Edit: I just tested our server which had 700mb worth of content in about 7 rfcmp files and GetMod worked fine. The components are using my service and they are all hosted on our own webhost which is running IIS7.5.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  19. 88mphTim

Will have Jeremy look at it, but in the meantime if you want to push through the update, download the lite installer and install it over the top of you installation (make sure you set the same paths during installation). This will overwrite the core just like updating would. It isn't a fresh install when you do this.

20. 88mphTim

AFAIK they made it continue trying in a more effective way, whether fixed or not I can't say as I havent observed testing feedback on that specific issue, but will ask when I put in my first 660 feedback email to Jeremy (who now runs releases fully).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.