United Sim Racers- Season 1 finale- Le Mans 1 hour race- fill the grid!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Apr 14, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Definitely not all the models will be used. I find enough challenge from the slower models too. If we would go my way then we all would use a same model. I like to have close racing. I feel that many are more pro choice so I probably won't force only one option.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Is this BST? Then Im fine with both.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I meant in game starting time. IRL starting time will be 17 GMT as already mentioned.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Grid is now full!

We take more people in only if nascar2112 sees it's possible.

If you can't participate for some reason even though you have singed up, please let us know in advance so that we can give that seat to somebody else.

Server should be open at all times if you guys want to practice online :)

-Matt

5. Axe

Axe Registered

please, decide the car allowed soon
    I will be on biz trip next week and I would like to try more than common 1-2 training sessions. thank you

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Cars allowed in Le Mans:

G4 68 and 69 models
    G6 65

Even though we are going to have a large grid, I wanted to make this a drivers event. Splitting group to different cars which have big differences in speed wouldn't suit the spirit of our earlier season. Now some choice is allowed if needed but made sure that grid will be more or less evenly matched car wise.

-Matt

Ps. not sure about mandatory pit stop yet. Have think about it. Opinions are welcome. It's not a must for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Personally, I had hoped for the faster cars for the fastest track in the calendar. But well, the 'slow' ones will be fun too. But I think we should have removed the G4 69 models. The G6 65 can barely keep up with the 68 model of the G4, and it will definitely not keep up with the 69 models.

But at the moment it looks like I'll miss this event. I have work next Sunday, but maybe I can solve it somehow ;)

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The G4 69 was not as slow as I thought :p Managed 4:03. Maybe it's as fast as the 67 model after all... Haven't tried it in a while :p

I'll test the G6 65 now... But I guess it will be way too slow.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

@Hedlund: I'm usually in the middle so I though it's right to set standards according to my driving :p I didn't find G4 69 either slow or boring. I chose two slower models too, G4 68 is maybe a little easier than 69 model. G6 65 has better accleration but has lower grip and maybe 10km/h slower top speed. All the cars have different qualities and the time difference in my hands is about 6 seconds. I wanted that all 22 drivers are able to stay on track so I can't make choices set by the fastest driver :) Your 4:03 is an insane lap with G4 69 :eek:

Just noticed this in Le Mans thread:

Would be good to know what's in the update. Current version is working well imo so we won't risk too much.

10. Axe

Axe Registered

again I am unable to download vmod, the same error as in kyalami. I believe it is a problem on my side, because nobody else reports it but really no clue what is going on. please, post the direct download. thank you

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

@Rikard: Please let me know if you can participate this or not? (you mentioned that you might have work that day)

I also asked Kane if he's in or not because I haven't heard anything about him for weeks now.

I free your seats for others if you can't participate. I see that full grid is possible.

-Matt

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Don't know for sure yet. Maybe tomorrow. I'll try not to work though :D

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I'm willing to participate in case some drivers will cancel and there are still seats left.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Im ok giving my seat to anyone that wants it. As I said Howstons are very difficult for me.

16. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Hi, back from my holidays. Time to find some moments for testing. Any recomendation on these 3 cars?

17. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Guys, I would suggest to increase tire wear and pit speed limit. ;)

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I've been busy at work so it took some time to answer, sorry.

@keikei: I haven't got confirmation from Kane yet so you can probably have his place. Welcome!

@Nikos: No need to offer your place to others. We want to see you there. If you have fun with these then it's all good.

@gorgias: Not sure what you mean but if you are asking which car is fastest then it's g4 69 model. Not sure if it's easiest to drive for you, personal preferences I guess.

@gplayonline: I think it was discussed priefly and we came to conclusion that it's good to have X1 tyre wear this time. We have other challenges than tyre wear. Our season haven't been about endurance racing. Hope you have fun nevertheless :) I don't see any problem with pit limit :) You can ask Holley (nascar) to change it, I don't mind.

-Matt

19. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Definitely not a problem Matt. :)

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Definitely G4 69, it's the most stable and fastest car, and at the same time the tire wear is minimal. With laptimes round 2:08 (which I expect the fastest drivers will manage), there will be 14,5 laps (that means 15 laps). The G4 69 consumes ~7,5L fuel per lap (race setup), so you'll need 112,5L for the race. You'll be safe with 125L.

I really like how different the car is to drive with 120L of fuel and 20-30L of fuel. Normally I don't use more than 40-50L, but in an 1 hour race we have to use 120L and it really makes a big difference to the car. A quali setup and a race setup is much more important than before.