BSIMRACING article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I'll take the bait and simply ask Empty Box what are you trying to accomplish with your video? What point are you trying to make? What is the darn bottom line? What do you want? How many videos about rF2 have you done? How many do you intend to make? Or are you done, now? How do you decide to make a video? Do you have a purpose in mind when you make one? It appears that you are somewhat all over the place and that is fine but I can never really gather what your purpose is and how you are making a case for whatever it is your are trying to assert?

2. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Maybe the tire model is too complex to then. Maybe it is the excuse he is giving to jump in a more friendly platform even thats compromise realism a little. Who knows?
    I do prefer paint than photoshop to edit pics.

Hope you realize that Judas was one of Christ apostles

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  3. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

looool

4. osella

osella Registered

Unfortunately I agree.

5. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Gay article!!!

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

7. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The point in this thread was netcode at the start though was in relation to this thread. Old build indeed, still similar problems unless racing on lower player count servers. The point of posting it originally was to show off some good racing.

The point of me making videos in general is to get more people sim racing, and I've been fairly successful. How? I personally feel that by showcasing good racing action that is accomplished. IMO, it's not about iRacing / NR2003 / rF2 / rF1 / AC / Project Cars - it's about getting people interested in the whole but at the same time I am me, and I'm the type of person not to hold back in my opinions.

You may think I'm here to bash rF2, but I'd absolutely love rF2 to reach it's full potential, because the sky is more or less the limit. At the same time, making rF2 videos is difficult - I have an online race in the Karts, wet to dry conditions sitting on my hard drive ready to go, but I'm not going to post it ever because the weather effects look flat out terrible, the driving standards by a good chunk of the field look like they just figured out what a throttle pedal is and the racing isn't that great. I won't post it - not because I have an agenda against rF2, but because I'm not going out of my way to showcase it working badly when I can show it working fantastically, realizing more of it's potential. I know the reaction before I've even posted it - this looks like a PS2 game, ISI sucks, it's been 2 years and this game is still garbage, looks like a ps2 game, look at all the noobs who can't drive - should I post that?

It's not untrue, those would have been the reactions, and from that footage, it would be hard to make a point against it. I'm not going to hold back on my opinions because that is what I do - but at the same time I don't want to go out of my way to showcase how bad things can be if I don't have to. Rather than upload that race (I'd rather post online races because they are more exciting mind you) I did an offline race, where I specifically chose a green track to demonstrate real road and the Kart's improved AI behavior.

I don't have a lot of rF2 videos not because I hate rF2, but because there isn't a lot of racing for me to showcase as well as not a lot of new content for me to showcase. I've already done a Kart video, and the other tracks out there don't look appealing - putting the best foot forward. If my goal was to make rF2 look bad, it would be easy. If I wanted to, I could simply never talk about it, never do videos of it, never even acknowledge it's existence. If I wanted it to fail, if I wanted to, why would I be more or less promoting them?

With only one track with the Karts, there isn't a lot for me to show, simple as that. They can only turn out content so fast, there is only so much ready to go, and because of that there are only so many videos for me to do. There is not enough racing within rF2 (or GSC) for me to do it with as much frequency as iRacing. Has nothing to do with this sim v that sim, I'd rather race GSC, but it doesn't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah ....................... where is my F3 :( ..............................:(

lopl ;)

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

EB- stick with pubby racing in other sims. Clearly, you don't get it and you think pubby racing defines rF2.

You want to review rF2? Use it as it is meant to be used- in a league with a group of people with high quality high speed internet connections (looks to me in the video you were on wifi or a shared cable internet connection of some sort) who know how to race. The problem with your reviews, is that you are obsessed with graphics (you just don't get it) and skip over the important bits of rF2. In short, you are really clueless about sim racing. I'm sure you can review games like Forza and whatever, because they are shallow games where graphics is king.

This is sim racing, kid. It's not about gross sales figures and pretty games that are as deep as a wading pool. If you want RACING, STFU until you are in a rF2 RACE in a league with good opponents. After my first race with 26 people in it (Champion Motorsports) and there was no lag, no warping and a [mostly] clean race (hey, it's racing) I was hooked. When someone fires up rF2, does a couple laps and complain about how the graphics are DX9 (another thing reviewers are obsessed over) and it's like racing on ice (realroad- try it some time) then write a review- that is a problem and that is what you do. That's what we have been seeing from people such as yourself. Stick to Grid, Forza and the like.

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

So, all of us who aren't part of any league, we are using it wrong? We need to STFU and not allowed to say anything? Come on..

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Clearly I'm using it wrong then. Silly me.

12. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Ahhh, Guy never disappoints.

One question - how do you ever expect to get new drivers to sustain a league long term?

Okay, let me ask a second question - how do you expect ISI to survive and continue making products for us to enjoy? We need to make sure that we keep their retail offering out there, and selling. Otherwise - why would they bother? If it's not a good business market to be in, why be in it? If I'm not mistaken, rF Pro is a lot of their business, not us.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  13. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

What if I told you all the current simulators , RF2 , AC , i racing ,GSC, RF1 are all very much abstract from real driving...

A lot of real drivers loath the time they are contractually obliged to put into there simulators and they are using bespoke physics solutions built from years of R&D.

Then we have the issue that almost all users of these simulators are using consumer FFB wheels which are massively lacking in what's required at a basic level to move and respond like a real wheel from the game to the driver.

Most people being critical about RF2 are only critical because they see its potential and want it to be more active and want others to start sim-racing. They also typicaly have over 1000+ hours sim-racing generally from Gmotor 2 titles so just assuming they are clueless noobs is probably wrong.

Personally I don't mind the visuals of RF2 , The lighting transitions during weather changes or sun rise sunset are especially nice, It could do with running a bit faster but if you set it up just right some of the tracks look really nice but again it takes fiddling.

Also just because a group of people think RF2 looks bad or that's the general consensus does not some how mean RF2 has the most realistic physics when it comes to a specific car and track combo and just because one game sells more or less does not mean that its more or less a valid simulator.

These simulators all tend to simulate different things different cars and different aspects of motor sport to varying levels and then on-top of that there are the subjective preferences and interpretation of what is more realistic or not then the issue of people playing them on different systems with different input devices.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Rubbish... Wim does more for the sim community than any other sim site out there. He supports all the guys and promotes all titles. Both him and RD are great. Don't see why he is to blame here, Gamermuscle is the guy craving attention here not him.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lighten up Guy :)

Besides, we just had 10 pages on discussion on leagues and drivers. I think its pretty clear rf2 is not just about leagues. they are just more fun that's all. no need to get snobbish about them.

un-adminned public racing will always be a mess, entry-level in iracing, rf1, future AC, console racing, Mario Kart, heck, I bet if you put a bunch together on a real track with no rules, race director orstewards it will be exactly the same as in sim public racing. just a wee bit more fatalities.

Public racing has nothing to do with netcode. Nor with a sim being used. its just people going mental.

I must be missing something, don't understand the Empty Box bashing tbh here and in the other thread. The guy seems pretty sensible to me with some items we might disagree on but so what.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL... so rF2 looks real because you have low fps in your computer?

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Don't you think that the written article was much, much more harsh than GamerMuscle's video though?

EDIT: Wait a sec...Was the written article also done by GM?...

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yes, you are.

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I really don't care about what people think of rF2 really, it's his opinion, i'm a sim fan not a rF2 fan but no way did i read that as Wim having a dig. Anyone that uses his site knows he uploads videos from all sims and is unbiased as they come. What i don't like is someone passing an opinion as fact with regards to physics limits when they are clearly using TC...LOL you can hear it. This guy is exactly like Alan Boiston, he did the same moaning and had TC and ABS on. Empty Box while may not be to my taste currently at least has a proper valid opinion as he is can clearly drive and understands physics

This guy just annoys me sorry. I agree alot with what is said with regards to rF2's badpoints raised by most, i really feel some take this all far too serious.

20. boxer

boxer Registered

I may be wrong but after watching Gamermuscle video inside the article I don't think he wrote the article...