BSIMRACING article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Wim's site is garbage. All this is is a self destructing article to the sim racing community. It's the reason why sim racing will always only be a fraction of the flight sim community. I recommend not even visiting that site.

Here's a quote from Jon Denton on the iracing forums which I think sums up things quite well. He was talking about his struggles with getting a simracing magazine to be successful.

Flight sims have a much more solid following, it is regarded as a hobby in a more serious sense than racing virtual cars is, it's helped by a greater unity in the community and less debate concerning various product's viability.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  3. filippu

filippu Registered

Yeah they are used to post articles that destroys rF2. They obviously have an agenda, clearly not the best place to see news of simracing world, but rather opinions on how great are AC, pCars, etc... and how bad is rF2.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

4 years? Did I miss the first 2? Yes, the graphics are basically a re-worked rF1. This guy has obviously not gone beyond the specs and graphics- once you RACE rF2, the differences become very obvious. This guy is clueless and completely ignores the important features of rF2 that set it apart from the other new sims out there.

For pubby racing, yes he is right. Leagues are coming around, slowly but surely.

If you are talking about racing GAMES, then Codemasters makes the best racing sims? In this niche market, this guy is clearly lost.

I question this guy's integrity. He is a nickname only, he won't even use his real name, nor is there even a link to any sort of profile for him.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I had to reply with a couple lenghty posts on gamermuscle's youtube video....

Funny how the majority of my post is about agreeing with him and bashing rF2's online system, yet his reply back is mostly about physics criticisms just because I mentioned that rF2 has the best physics (and FFB ). I mean that was hardly the point, or majority, of my post, Jesus.... Some people just want to hate, it's sad.

Then he says that he would pick a sim with better multiplayer over a sim with better physics...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone is looking for something different but I can't imagine an ex-real life racing driver saying that same sort of thing. I know he's not a real-life driver but I think you understand the point I'm trying to get across.

Most people just want a video-game that is enjoyable and gives a good overall impression of realism, but that's not what "hardcore sims", whether it be flight sims or racing sims, are about. As sims get more popular we get more and more of these type of players playing/trying/criticizing these sort of hardcore products and more and more people who just don't understand. I mean GamerMuscle goes on about GSC relative to rF2...Honestly? ?......Really??...I can feel the physics depth and complexity in rF2 over GSC within 3 or 4 corners, let alone a whole night or 2 of lapping. WOW. (I LOVE GSC by the way and GLADLY payed for both GSC 2013 and FT).

Pretty much saying something like " I would pick a sim with good-enough physics as long as it had better graphics or multiplayer, over a sim with better physics" makes me honestly just put GamerMuscle in the "disregard anything this guy says about any sims' physics" category.

Regarding the post itself on bsimracing; that post is so unbelievably biased and honestly pathetic that bsimracing themselves should be absolutely ashamed of posting such garbage. This crap is the reason why I hardly ever visit these sort of sites. So much crap from so many fanboys and so many haters. Everyone has an ego, everyone probably gets "payed" in some shape or form.

Not to mention bsimracing posts tons of news of console and PC "semi-sims" and even arcade games (eg. Car Game) yet they call their site "bSIMRACING"? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Anything for more traffic / exposure. Those sort of sites are very biased; then people wonder why there is so much "split" in the sim-racing communtiy.

All these sites should be constantly praising every sim's work, and staying humble and grounded (with exception towards Simraceway which I can understand due to the MASSIVE rip off their game is price wise, but even more so because of the apparent unauthorized content they use, and charge people for).

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

rf2 seems to be going in the right direction now so hopefully good publicity will come

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I can't see anything wrong in the article.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and you're all feeding his ego by reading his review...

9. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I like how he mentions AC, Raceroom, and Project CARS in the same article that asks if rFactor 2 multiplayer is dead. The irony of that is what makes the article laughable. Maybe some people just can't drive, so he needs to push those other games so he can think he's competitive?

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

That guy only save some typing for a lot of people who agree. Nothing to do with ego.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm still totally confused how AC is even put in the same sentence or compared to sims like rfactor 2 or Iracing ,

I wonder if it's just how it runs on my PC (it gives high fps) but it feels only slightly better than an arcade title
    sim-Cade I guess is the right phase, I've not even bothered with the latest builds,
    I didn't purchase Pcars although the graphics look fab I've heard to many reports of lack of decent physics

a few more decent builds on rf2 & tracks and online leagues will grow for sure

12. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

he is at war and his greatest wish is that ISI capitulate, ISI, have mercy, he fights the fight of his life :D

13. filippu

filippu Registered

When iRacing came, it was a barely re-worked NR2003 (the similarities were really obvious). It seemed to work for them.
    But we don't see those blogs mentioning this point on every article they do...

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Meh. My only reaction is who is Wix? Is he the guy who runs bsimracing? If not, then it is unclear from the website what this write-up is? Letter to the editor type of thing? Can anyone write this kind of stuff and have it published on bsimracing? It features very prominantly like a front page 'story' so from a journalistic perspective at best their is no basic journalistic integrity to any of this so might as well be any yahoo on any forum.

The sad truth with this is that the vast majority of people have very poor criticial thinking ability and thus are quick to accept what they see as credible. Worse, people with questionable motives prey on this and present information like this without any form of discipline, peer review or fact checking.

Gamer Muscle's video is hard to watch because it is so clearly and troll full of insincere and poorly conceived back-handed compliments that he either doesn't even care whether people see right through this, knows is in taking advantage of people who can't see through it and/or really doesn't even know he's doing it.

Also his knowledge of rF2 is clearly limited. He thinks Mores is a fictional track. He, like other arcade gamers, never get to the meat of anything and would rather post video after video instead of following rF2 closely enough to understand it's amazing rewards to those who understand it.

It's actually funny now that I think of it. There is so much noise with all the sims and news and teasers and poorly-conceived videos is any of these guys knew how to drive and coukd sit still long enough to make a sincere and serious effort at league participation with serious testing, practice and strategy they would certainly shut up and begin actually sim racing. Problem is they, and much of their clearly vulnerable viewers don't understand one bit about reward coming from effort. They want instant titillation of their delusional self-image and will never experience any deeper than a quick fix which likely extends to every aspect of their pathetic shallow lives.

In Gamer Muscle's case, one need look no further than how he handled himself in here recently and the fact that he is in here at all because he is clearly not in here to understand anything about rF2.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I didn't want to give this thread anymore attention but good post Galaga.

16. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

GSC is awesome but online game is almost non existent for public races.
    Is there such an expression in english like that: "such a small majority" ? Is not an small majority the same as minority?

And, to me, one of the reasons rf2 is not played by "major majority" (if there is such a thing like major majority) is this:

View attachment 12309

17. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

"What is the point of putting 2 years in a mod when there is hardly anyone interested?"
    First, it is a hobby which the main goal is fidelity with real life. If you are compromised with realism, no matter how hard is the work, you will choose the platform which gives you the best results. Asks graphics people if they prefer photoshop or paint to work.
    User base to this is irrelevant (look what Tuttle did on top gear test track) unless you are make money from this. And that why i think paymods are dumbed down to please the masses and make money. It isnt about realism but inflate some egos and make money from them.

18. osella

osella Registered

19. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Totally agree with that sentence: "Furthermore, ISI has also changed their own approach, constantly releasing licensed quality content for rFactor 2 in a variety that wasn’t available for rFactor."

Which i disagree.

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The hilarious answer always expected around here. When will you guys wake up and notice there is a serious problem here and a sim won't last long if it's based solely on the existence of league racing? And honestly, who knows what that future is when you consider tons of people are are putting their eggs in the AC basket? Your league might not convert to AC, but others may, you may not care, but others will. Frankly, rF2's online is so bad at a netcode level, that I consider it borderline unplayable - what if AC launches with sqeaky clean netcode? What if LFS comes back from nowhere? (LOL) What if SMS hires a physics guy? You can even see it in those comments - there is no where better right now. No MP in AC, PCars doing who knows what, iRacing not really conducive to that type of racing, R3E/DTM aren't really the type of experience most of us want, GSC just as unpopulated...

But, what happens if something better does come along? This sim will not survive strongly into the future if it stays where it is now. You can't bury your head in the sand and pretend there is no issue. It has very little to do with the sim itself, but the entire package. Heck, look at iRacing with their physics - not really all that great - but it gives people a reason to race there, and they do. Yet it's far more expensive and the cars are just as difficult - if not more so - to drive. But no, people aren't playing rF2 because it's too hard.

It's always the same damn thing - ISR has an agenda, VirtualR has an agenda, BSimRacing has an agenda - on and on and on and on and on and it always is to bash rF2. Always. Yes, that is the goal. Because secretly, every dev besides ISI has paid everyone making reviews and marketing type things to bash ISI. Because of course, every sim racer will gain a lot with one less option on the market. Shame, iRacing, Kunos and Reiza never sent me a check, iwannmahmoney. :rolleyes: Lord knows I've done enough "bashing" to earn it.

BTW, we saw the first snippets of rF2 in 2009 or so, so it's been 4 or 5 years of development and time.

You realize the guy who runs BSR is part of RMT, the guys who did the WSGT mod for GTR2, working on WSGT2 for a long while for rF2 with the Megane released, of which one of their guys went commercial doing 3d for a living more or less, right? You realize Wim is highly against pay mods, right?