SOLVED Resolution larger than 1080p crash (was black screen on launch)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlaringFiddle5, Apr 3, 2014.

1. PMC

PMC Registered

I would reinstall rFactor2 but that doesn't seem to have helped BlaringFiddle5.

2. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

after a further reinstall I was able to play at 1080p - raced some karts last night ... i just can't do anything larger than that (triple screens) - game immediately crashes - i no longer just get a black screen.

3. PMC

PMC Registered

Well like I said I replicated your issue by uninstalling rFactor2UI in mod manager , downloaded the Minimulist UI (in my previous post) and was all good again . The issue now is there is no option to reinstall the rFactor2UI . Hopefully it can be packaged up by someone and we can reinstall it

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

you could drop Lite over current install

5. PMC

PMC Registered

Yes I could ,but that hasn't helped Blaring so far ,and to troubleshoot this correctly a packaged rF2UI might be a work around. I will reinstall Lite back over later but the new UI works so i'm not too fussed . I'm just trying to help Blaring at this stage .

EDIT: @ Blaring , have you tried disconnecting your TV

EDIT2: And looked in Mod Manger to see if rFactor2 UI is installed

6. PMC

PMC Registered

Is it even possible to package rF2UI ?

Also i'd prefer to fix an existing install than just to a reinstall

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

8. PMC

PMC Registered

OK Thanx :D downloading now :)

EDIT: Is it a rfcmp file ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

nope its 1x mft and 3x mas

10. PMC

PMC Registered

Hmm not really what I was looking for , was hoping for something to put in packages and install from there , but i'll try it ,

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

There's no separate rf2 UI.rfcmp as far as I can see, it comes with the sim.

If you haven't removed the original UI yet but its bugged due to changes, then you could try and use my file.

12. PMC

PMC Registered

YUP that works fine thanx :D Hopefully works for Blaring

13. PMC

PMC Registered

Cant it be packaged up in MAS tool just like anything else ,I'm sure it can

14. BlaringFiddle5

i have the default UI - the Default UI runs fine at 1080p :D The black screen I got a uninstall/reinstall ago may have been related to UI missing or similar, but I've uninstalled - completely deleted all folders of everything and reinstalled - i can now play the kart mod @ Quebec (haven't tried others) at 1080p - just not larger than that - instant crash. TV has been hooked up to the PC since forever - doubt it has anything to do with that.

15. PMC

PMC Registered

OK but could you try ,and also it may be worth rolling back your graphics drivers just to check.

EDIT: Its just a process of elimination that's all .

16. PMC

PMC Registered

Also here's a link to the previous build ,if your up to it http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/74471/rfactor-2-lite-build-v494 . Just install core and data to a different folder (create one called build 494 and launch it from the Launcher exe from that install ,remember to install something ) That way we can work out if its purely a build issue or a configuration issue at your end . Like I said if your up for it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  17. PMC

PMC Registered

@ Tim , Is it possible you can confirm this is a build issue and not an issue at Blarings end .

I see a similar problem here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ng-UI-changing-resolution?p=263313#post263313

And an issue here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...options-depending-on-your-chosen-U-I-What-the

Is it possible the new garage options are conflicting with the UI and causing the crashes at a different res or just not configured correctly with the UI .

If you could that might help Blaring and I wasting time chasing our tails

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you reinstall over the top, you would also need to check to revert UI in the launcher I assume.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The different options are just different options. But the crashing and Black screens are real issues for sure. Unfortunately our UI method is really old, so setup screens need to be modified often for each car we release. The Kart UI, is for the KART :) Everything else you can use the minimalist (if he keeps updating it) or ours. But yes, I do need to post it for those who uninstalled it...

20. BlaringFiddle5

@PMC - some of that sounds like more work than i'm willing to do :) I'm willing to wait for the next patch and stuff if there isn't something that I can change now to fix the problem. If I really was hot to fix the problem, i'd just erase my drive and re-install windows 7 and go from there. All other things (iracing (5760x1080 / ac 5760x1080 / f1 2012 1920x1080 / left4dead2 1920x1080 / skyrim 1920x1080 ) work fine, however, so i'll just wait :)