TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

View attachment 12163

Main thread http://xfactorracing.com/index.php/...ar-revival-with-thx-to-tcl-olliec-t-man#13249

xFactor With many thanks to the original developers of Touring Car Legends is proud to bring to Rfactor 2 Touring Car Revival

Thank you to OllieC and T-man for giving us the oppurtunity to Bring their Awesome cars to RF2 thx also The entire crew from TCL

Thx Obbzy for getting the Permission and Doing all sweet talking to do so.

Thx to everyone from xFactor for all there input and help where applicable to get these cars feeling like they do, and for the tedius file editing

Thx Papaosa for Creating our Promo vid, the music still gives me chills , top job m8 ,Also the input and help with car Cams..

Thx to ISR~Speedster for letting us edit his Tyre model for the nissan to suit these cars as much as possible

theres also a fair few livery's from the rf1 community added in also from TTR

There was many months testing and converting put into the cars and Im sure there will be many more to polish them up more DOH!

TCL has many more models but these 9 or so where the only ones permission was gained for . So With Respect to TCL we haven't touched the others..and wont unless permission is given to do so.

Models Include:
    BMW-M3 M3EVO
    BMW-635
    Ford rs500 Sierra and Cosworth
    Holden VK/VL/TWR-VL Commodore
    Nissan r31 GTR Skyline
    Rover Vitesse
    Volvo 242 Turbo

Hundreds of cars from multiple series include
    ATCC 85-91,
    BTCC 86-90,
    ETCC 86-88,
    WTCC 87,
    DTM 87-90,
    &
    BATHURST 1000, 84-90

Known Issues:

5 spoke reflection flicker on some colored wheels

volvo and sierra steering wheel needs moving forward

6 speed gearbox upgrade for 5 speed M3's can cause drop outs online, earlier models are only 5 speed but for some reason can still select the 6 speed box in the upgrades

some textures at night need refining

Vl and TWR tacho's dont always work

Automation HDR setting these cars DO NOT LIKE! if theres no profile turn it off as they are way to reflected

No Icon SMicons as yet but are currently being made and will be part of an update

Models where done in 3dsimed and 3dmax I wasnt happy with the results I got from 3dmax so it will be ventured into again

Downloads:
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

NEWEST V0.035 5/01/15
    www.mediafire.com/download/de9206b4m4go34d/TCR_v035_635.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/rnybkqeyqy4r1b6/TCR_v035_R31.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/c7i2yifdxazk325/TCR_v035_ROVER.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/3aiz6yd6qzel6bc/TCR_v035_VK.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/arfzw2amoeasext/TCR_v035_VL.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/3nd9et4qzff4dr2/TCR_v035_VLTWR.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/1w727qflfaoj5...CR_v035_SIERRA.rfcmp
    www.mediafire.com/download/fv3f3s8je8tm3zm/TCR_v035_VOLVO.rfcmp << as of 7/1/15
    www.mediafire.com/download/q0x5g7loqk7r761/TCR_v035_M3EVO.rfcmp << as of 12/01/15
    www.mediafire.com/download/0o41gx68sc8xkmx/TCR_v035_M3.rfcmp << as of 14/1/15
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thx From R1CHO And the xFactor Racing Team​

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    mantasisg, papaosa and The Iron Wolf like this.
  2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

still early days But felt i should put it up before anyone else does

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ars you Going to improve the graphic?!
    I have done some laps

The physics seems good, but the ffb not so much! I feel a big dead zone in the center of the wheel that make these cars hard to turn!

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Flickering inside cabin yes trying to fix, outside textures need a big change as said in the known issues i wasnt happy with the outcome of the models with 3dmax Probably just a setting somewhere thats not right. but im learning
    someone with more knowledge might be able to point me in the right direction... basically however i imported or exported them has effected the detail/bodylines and windows View attachment 12166 you can sort off see here the window looks like it "domes" inwards on the window
    some dashes have far to much specular power also (late change that didnt really work)

ffb on m3, skyline and sierra still need some refining they do have that light feeling to them in the slower turning areas
    others feel good though
    also have noticed that the M3 EVO against any other car may be causing issue's With servers crashing or booting other people when an EVO joins.. best to have the EVO by itself for now I think until I can resolve this

this could be fixed by seperating them entirley from the M3 and have the EVO as its own Package..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I am having a lot of fun with these cars- many thanks! And if anyone is wondering- no, this mod is not even a tiny little bit performance equal! So choose wisely and have fun

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol thx guy we found mills outer a brought most very close to each other I was quite suprised to be putting the heat on a TWR with a VOLVO at say symmons Plains though theres a big difference the volvo is left for dead

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Can't seem to get sierra, neither link working. Alternate link just takes me to my Mediafire account not a file download.

8. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

ok i will get another sierra link up tonight

not sure why the first link doesnt work for some but does for others tho, sry

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah, that's not a knock on the mod- the real cars were probably very imbalanced too. That was the nature of touring cars back then. I had the BMW 635 on track at Essington against AI in Sierras (the Bimmer is down something like 140BHP!) and the BMW did a lot better in the corners, but up the hill the Cosworth power just left me in the dust. This is not a league mod and for league use, you'd either have to do some serious perf. balancing or restrict to certain cars.

As for falling out of realtime, John, I had the same issue last night. I had to disable HDR to race the AI. I tested at 2 tracks- Hungaroring and Aintree in the BMW 635 and Sierra, I had no HDR profile, I was using the Automation profile.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

new alt sierra link up

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

all good I know .. the sierra's where smashing everything everywhere tonight with us once a set was sussed for them weight penalties is what we will do i think

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Actually, now that I think of it-

I had HDR active when I did an AI race last week at Essington- but it occurs to me I have a Gladiator HDR profile for that track. That race was fine. At Hungary and Aintree I have no profiles so it defaulted to Automation....

15. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

Is there a way to reduce that shake in cockpit view ?

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

17. Eero Forsblom

Eero Forsblom Registered

Did you model the turbos properly? Been waiting for an RF2 mod to utilize something the engine does better than anyone else. If you didn't and want help some help, contact me through pm.
    I'll have to install rf2 again for this.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, I have the realtime bug on various different tracks. It seems to have to do with the engine. When I am sitting in my garage with the engine off, I am in realtime. As soon as I fire up the engine, I am in molasses time. With my engine off, I can watch cars go by, and when I time it just right, I watch them travel in real time and as soon as that engine kicks on, the cars crawl. It is reproducible with the Sierra and Rover and the BTCC Holden SL. What I don't get (maybe this tells you something) is that I raced the BMW 635 with no problems at all. My question is- could the 635 be naturally aspirated and the others turbo? I guess I need to hop on one track and try diffeent cars all in the same conditions

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

sorry folks, I don't know if it is HDR related. I had HDR enabled and everything was fine at some tracks I just tested. It's random- some tracks work some don't. Essington, Mills, Oran Park GP all worked fine. Loch Drummond, Brands, Donington all went right into mollasestime as soon as I turn the engine on. This problem beats the hell out of me, I have never seen anything like it. All I know is that with HDR on or off, at those tracks I can't race because I'm in molassestime. But in those other tracks, with HDR enabled, it was fine.

Can LOD settings do this? Maybe the LOD settings for those tracks is incompatible with the mod? <- Wild guess

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

that is weird..

635 has no turbo nor does the rover or the commodores. sierra, skylne , m3 evo, volvo do have turbo's

the hdr thing is weird to I noticed last night that as soon as i join if its set to automation its to reflective, I then select a profile for the track and its ok when the session moves on to the next track it goes back to automation and its still ok ,scroll threw the profiles select each and have a look they are fine, when i go back to automation its stuffed again.. bit confusing.. the 635 is on a totally different setting to all the others.. kind of like the guinea pig it could be why the 635 works ok by itself......theory that just come to me lol