Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

2. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

That is a great read!

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yep raw physics for me too. My comment about taking account input lag etc was directed to real-life racers comparing sims to real thing.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I actually feel like they already do this. I guess it goes back to what was touched on earlier. Slightly different experience for everyone with this software, so many variables in the end users hands. Hardware and how that hardware is setup before you even get to the software variables. How many people have their brake pedal in the correct real position for karts? And the steering column angle? And the seat? And then shouldn't your pedals be bars not pedals as such, and they move quite freely with a kart in comparison to a car, and the brakes are more on or off in a kart, you dab not graduate......it goes on. It all makes a massive difference to anybodys perception of the "feel" against real. You can't say something isn't a good simulation unless the thing you are using is a good simulator. I quoted your post but I'm not saying yours isn't good Adrian its freakin awesome and I'd like (probably kill for) one myself, but I'm sure it feels best (most real) when you are simulating a GT or Nascar or rally type vehicle because of the seat position limitations of a simX motion rig. Oh my god I bet RBR feels so amazing on it. Anyway my point is anyone reviewing a vehicle especially a real life non sim racer needs to be sat in something as close to real as possible before they can make an accurate judgement on the physics, and even then the software may have not been setup as well as it could. I tweak things, revisit vehicles and change my opinion of them all the time.

On Dallas in the f1 kart you can power slide to your hearts content just like in the video earlier in this thread, so a lot has to do with the track for gaining an impression of how right these karts are, not saying I won't welcome improvements but they could only be minor because the karts are excellent now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
  5. Javik

Javik Registered

very nice mod, is real

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's an awesome piece, really good read.

7. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Didn´t find the original thread where this was being discussed, but ISI should put karts on demo. I think almost every sim racer already race in one (not to mention the former f1 driver spinelli).

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

lol what do you mean?

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

You know too much :)

10. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Please please please server admins, update to new BUILD! I want to see if I can get some morning racing action within 10 hours!

11. Bradley Collins

Bradley Collins Registered

Having big probs with the kart i drive a 125cc kart and the speed is intense , i raced the rf2 kart and it only hits 20mph at the start its luke slow motion, is there a setting i am missing somewhere cause this is way to slow

12. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Any more work going into the kart hud and UI?

I want some more info while racing. Like the hud, but miss some laps and positios. Small stuff.

13. McLeo

McLeo Registered

One of the best mods i have try. Big thank's for this work. Anyone have tracks for he? Maybe some tracks from Brazil, are welcome, like granja viana.

14. crz

crz Registered

Did you choose the F1 or junior karts? Before going into troubleshooting better double check on that.

15. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Even the Junior karts will easily hit 65 mph in the blink of an eye. The F1 karts do around 80. The initial acceleration is sluggish, but that's because the engine's power band is in higher rpms. If he's only getting 20 mph, even in the Junior karts, then he surely must have something wrong...though I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what, because the karts don't have pit limiters.

16. Bradley Collins

Yeah let me check on the F1 kart-

17. Bradley Collins

Nope that wasn't it I can only hit 45 on the long track, super slugish only 14mph at start and thats all the way to the balloon canopy-man I have checked everything-using the f1 kart

18. Bradley Collins

ok something is def. wrong I just watched a youtube video of the karts and they are flying and speed looks great ,just like in the real thing- so what and the heck could be wrong- anyone please!!!

19. crz

crz Registered

I have no idea to be honest... It would be interesting to see a video of what you are experiencing. I would try a seperate, fresh rF2 installation with just the karts mod installed.

20. Bradley Collins

I just redownloaded and reinstalled both karts and track- still the same- maybe I will try to make a vid- I did notice it only peaks at 7000rpm and only 3to4 rpm bars will light up in the longest stretch