Any updates for the older car content planned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErnieDaOage, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Are there updates planned for the older car content to get them up to date with chassis flex in the near future? Or is it too much work to get this implemented in the next months? I don't know anything about modding and wanted to know if its a fast job to get done or if it would take too much time away from the upcoming content?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Near future I can't confirm, but as for the question in the subject? Yes.

It does take time away, but they are planning to alternate. For us, the karts are old content also. They just never got released (or tested for release) previously and have been updated internally many times.

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Drop everything and get those Gen6 cars finished asap :p

5. Axly

Axly Registered

This is what still makes me all tingly feeling...

When I decided to go for rF2 I felt that I perhaps wanted a little more to feel that I got the full worth of a lifetime fee (then again, compared to iRacing..), and there were some bugs that needed sorting out. The Megane was great fun, the Clio came, bugs were fixed, then formula cars, several great tracks, the classics! Howstons!
    Now when the Honda came it felt like a surprise Christmas present, and then the Panoz, Karts are coming, Indy cars, Stock cars...

Sure, I can understand that some think it's progressing a bit slowly, but I'm so very pleased to see this kind of commitment and constant development. Thanks ISI :)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Agreed! Plus the Cobra :cool:

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Cobra... Cobra...

Although I'd love to see some flex on the older cars.

Actually has anyone made an EXTREME limits flex chassis car? Something that is above and beyond normality. I just want to watch a raw frame wiggling all around. Even if it isn't visual you should still be able to see the tires or suspension move.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Speaking of chassis flex, does anybody know or have a link to which cars have it in rF2 at the moment? Thanks.

9. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Thanks for the info Tim

@Jamie: Chassis flex got introduced with the howstons g4/g6 and camaro and corvette got updated to it. Everything released after the howstons should have chassis flex implemented as far as iam informed about this.

10. 88mphTim

AFAIK, yes.

11. 88mphTim

You might get to a certain point where you get a simracing rocket launch. :)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Didn't do any screenshots or video, but testing chassis flex with an F1 mod I set the flex very soft and parked with a rear tyre up on a high kerb, the opposite front dropped down to the ground and you could see 5-10° difference front to rear... stiffened it back up and the same spot had the front tyre up in the air like normal.

I'd followed the tut so was pretty sure I had done it right, but it's worth checking ;)

13. stonec

stonec Registered

Speaking of F1, the flex will have very little impact on modern cars like that, as they are such rigid built. All of the flex is in the suspension. So maybe it's not worth much for ISI to make a chassic flex update for those cars. Although some other things will hopefully be updated, for example in many cars wipers don't work still and some of the early cars look quite dull in shaders and reflections.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I kind of hope the WCR 60's cars get the flex chassis update when ISI finalizes the clutch and rolls all that out at the same time. Ideally it'd be right after the Cobra (which of course would be the first car to feature the new clutch and gearbox!)

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks Ernie.